What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Zoidberg

First Grade
Kickboxer. Still holds up well for a 25 year old movie. A bit cheesy in parts but it's a good revenge film. Nice brutal fights too.

Back-tracking a bit it makes me want that well-made Mortal Kombat film done even more, a grounded approach with brutal fights and that little bit of mythology.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Edge of Tomorrow-

Really enjoyed it, well at least I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Cruise is solid and Blunt is hot (even though she has the personality of a brick wall).

I think this would have been a lot more popular if it had of been released a couple of years ago, there just seems to have been a flood of sci-fi alien movies come out over the last 24 months and this sort of become lost within them all.

Best way to describe it is Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers.

T.S Quint

Coach
Gone Girl.

I loved it....but I know there are gonna be plenty of people pissed off at the ending.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
saw Fury too.

It wasn't too bad I guess.

Shia LeBeouf was f**king shithouse.

The scene with the two German women was just awkward and failed to get across its intended purpose.

Steve Buscemi having a tea party with a little girl in Con Air was a far better scene.

The major scene was very American

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Gone Girl.

I loved it....but I know there are gonna be plenty of people pissed off at the ending.

I've heard nothing but good things about it from mates, but have also unwittingly been spoiled on a couple of major plot points (one via mates partner talking about the movie while I was there for league, and again recently on the comments of a youtube video that was unrelated to the movie), so I'm thinking I'll just forgo paying for this at the movies and watch at my own leisure when available.

That's the problem about movies with potential twists and reveals that are intended to shock or surprise if you've been pre-spoiled, while you can still enjoy the film there is something diminished in that first viewing experience knowing what is coming compared to getting that legitimate shock/surprise which is an awesome feeling when watching for the first time.

Other examples where I enjoyed the film, but really wished I hadn't found out the key twists/reveals beforehand include Scream, Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects, Seven (what's in the box) & Fight Club.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
And on a happier note, going to Ghostbusters on Friday for Halloween Special at the Embassy here in Wellington!

Even though I've seen it a million times in my lifetime, it's been at least a couple of years since I last watched it (and never on the big screen), so this is gonna be awesome.

"Yes it's true, this man has no dick".

Can't wait!

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Noah... utter crap. Terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse movie. They were given $130 million to make it - and that was the end product. Just shit.

What really annoyed me were the transformer-like rock characters and that John Snow look-a-like kid, and Emma Watson and Russell Crowe. There really weren't any redeeming features. If you're going to make up a story, make it better than that.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Serves you right for watching a Russell Crowe.

Just watch the shorts of his movies, its all the "best" bits & tells the story too.

The Water Diviner movie looks contrived & his acting looks bland, dull & entirely lacking in range.

HowHigh

Coach
The Purge 2: 7/10 - Better than the first one

Dawn of Planet of the Apes: 8.5/10 - Good movie!

Edge of Tomorrow: 8/10 - Not bad but Tom Cruise sure seems to love his end of the world movies..

Godzilla: 6.5/10 - Pretty shit tbh! Didn't expect anything great but was disappointing

X-Men Days of Future Past: 8/10 - Was good but would have liked a bit more action

Neighbors: 7.5/10 - Decent comedy, pretty funny

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Noah... utter crap. Terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse movie. They were given $130 million to make it - and that was the end product. Just shit.

What really annoyed me were the transformer-like rock characters and that John Snow look-a-like kid, and Emma Watson and Russell Crowe. There really weren't any redeeming features. If you're going to make up a story, make it better than that.

I watched it about a month ago and totally forgot about it until your post....that's how good it was. :D

What you've said is spot on.

I don't know what it is about Biblical movies but they come a distance fourth those movies about the mythologies of the Romans, Greeks and even Norse.

T.S Quint

Coach
I've heard nothing but good things about it from mates, but have also unwittingly been spoiled on a couple of major plot points (one via mates partner talking about the movie while I was there for league, and again recently on the comments of a youtube video that was unrelated to the movie), so I'm thinking I'll just forgo paying for this at the movies and watch at my own leisure when available.

That's the problem about movies with potential twists and reveals that are intended to shock or surprise if you've been pre-spoiled, while you can still enjoy the film there is something diminished in that first viewing experience knowing what is coming compared to getting that legitimate shock/surprise which is an awesome feeling when watching for the first time.

Other examples where I enjoyed the film, but really wished I hadn't found out the key twists/reveals beforehand include Scream, Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects, Seven (what's in the box) & Fight Club.

I don't think it's a movie that would be completely ruined if you know any of the twists, like it would be with those other movies you mentioned.
It's crafted well enough to not completely revolve around those twists. The first major twist I saw coming from a mile away anyway, but it didn't hamper my enjoyment of the film.

Latest posts