What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

vvvrulz

Coach
If you'd just said Winter Soldier, I'd have given you a shot. But Captain America: The First Avenger is arguably the worst of the Marvel films, unless you're including its botched Hulk films.

It wasn't great, but imo it's about par with Thor 1, and Iron Man 2 & 3 and Thor 2 are comfortably worse. I'd even put up a serious argument that Avengers 2 is equal if not worse, just a lazy money grubbing cut and paste.

Wizardman

First Grade
Haven't seen either and tbh, can't really get in to superhero movies like I once did. It's a genre which is way too over saturated but meh, people are paying to see them...

Can't wait for the next 25 movies ready to hit theaters in the next couple of years...

Im with you there. I'll go see a Batman and Superman flick.....not really motivated to see anything else in this genre. Thursday night, I was keen to go to the movies. When I saw the movie list (including Civil War), I decided to buy a mixed grill at the RSL and watch the footy instead.

I just say Crazy,Stupid, Love this morning. I hate most comedies these days but this was a real gem. Carrell's best work since 40 Year Old Virgin. Very pleasantly surprised with how this movie turned out....very clever.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw Captain America: Civil War. Really enjoyed it, although I'd have loved more time with Ant Man and Spiderman on my screen.

Could easily have watched it for a little longer. Very enjoyable.

8.5/10

DiegoNT

First Grade
Watching the first 2 American pie movies, holy shit they haven't aged well (not saying they were that great to begin with)

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched the Onion Movie for the first time the other day.

Was hilarious in parts, and awkward/ehhhh in other parts, but overall I'll give it a pass.
Kinda like Movie 43 in terms of an extended skit show kind of feel with did-they-just-say-that?! humour, but less lowest-common-denominator bodily function stuff.

Also rewatched the Poltergeist remake again last night (just happened to be on), pretty average overall. I like Sam Rockwell, and he was kinda cool in this, but this movie just didn't need to be made.

As for current/upcoming releases, I'm actually kinda weirdly hanging out for the new TMNT movie. I didn't see the first one until long after it was released, but it actually really entertained me in its supreme cheesiness, so I have high hopes this new one does the same (particularly as my pasty ginger brother Sheamus is in it).

LESStar58

Referee
Watching the first 2 American pie movies, holy shit they haven't aged well (not saying they were that great to begin with)

The first one was great. The 2nd one was pretty poor but as I recall the 3rd one was great and the 4th one had its moments too. The hot neighbor!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just rewatched Jurassic World. Still enjoyable second time around, although some of its more glaring writing faults are more evident when you're not soaking in the spectacle.

Solid 7/10