What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should Mitchell Pearce do?

What should Mitchell Pearce do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T-Boon

Coach
Seriously though with all the cap space the Cronk signing has opened up for the Roosters they should offer Pearce an extension and try to get his buddy Keiran Foran to sign on as well. Foran has been at the Dogs for longer than his expected stay.

gUt

Coach
cracking reference AG

oh shit he's still alive and doing cool stuff. not a reference at all

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
As a Roosters supporter, I hope he stays
I see value in him.

If he does stay, then two other players would need to leave to accommodate the Cronk signing, so maybe I should be more keen for him to go

If I were Mitchell, I would seriously consider Newcastle OR Manly
Manly has a lot in common with the Roosters, similar local environments, proximity to family and friends, a club most other league fans hate. They're birds of a feather these two clubs. I know he'd feel at home there.

Newcastle would be a more difficult move in some respects, but it has plenty to offer
There are a core of ex-Roosters players there. He would be in charge of the team and have an opportunity to prove himself at a club which doesn't draw as much criticism. They have a tremendous young roster with bags of talent but without as great a weight of expectation. Yes, Newcastle fans would expect a lot, but the team would be given time to get it right. Newcastle are a club on the rise and Finals football is not beyond them. This could be for Mitchell what the move from Newcastle to Manly was for Ben Kennedy - a chance to win over a new group of fans.

If I were counselling Mitchell I would advise him to go with Newcastle. But I feel that Mitchell might feel that Manly is the safer option.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If he goes to manly won't he just play 5/8 to Longneck @ half?

Poor ol Mitch, for years he's been Queensland halfback's bitches at origin level, now he's their bitch at club level too.

grouch

First Grade
He will make his decision after a period of deep contemplation in a Thai rehab centre