What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the hell are you merkins doing?

leaguelegend21

Juniors
So you've lost the heart and soul of your club Josh Reynolds, lost a legendary forward Sam Kasiano... Signed a plodding overrated prop that walks into the defensive line, signed a mentally deranged 5/8 who changes clubs like underwear. The one player you shouldn't have re-signed you did - Bill Hopoate! The guy sucks!

Tough luck being a dogs fan. Wow.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Yeah kinda agree. Might as well resign Moses and lichaa and collect a few spoons, I can't wait to watch. Des you have officially lost the plot son.

Barkley

Bench
So you've lost the heart and soul of your club Josh Reynolds, lost a legendary forward Sam Kasiano... Signed a plodding overrated prop that walks into the defensive line, signed a mentally deranged 5/8 who changes clubs like underwear. The one player you shouldn't have re-signed you did - Bill Hopoate! The guy sucks!

How's Farrah going you merkin?

Worry about your own lot, we are in better shape than you are.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

lol@souffs though

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bulldogs and Souths are in a similar position whether people want to admit it or not. Bulldogs are obviously doing better than Souths. But Both our sides have a coach that loves a boring attacking style, our rosters have extreme weak points and some of our higher paid players are not playing up to their money's worth.

It's pretty much a f**king disaster for both of our clubs. Then you get the Broncos who can just buy whoever the want whenever they want. The salary cap is beyond me...

OldPanther

Coach
Bulldogs and Souths are in a similar position whether people want to admit it or not. Bulldogs are obviously doing better than Souths. But Both our sides have a coach that loves a boring attacking style, our rosters have extreme weak points and some of our higher paid players are not playing up to their money's worth.

It's pretty much a f**king disaster for both of our clubs. Then you get the Broncos who can just buy whoever the want whenever they want. The salary cap is beyond me...

The problem is the Dogs and Souths have some of the best forward packs but nothing to help them win the battle. A little variation is necessary.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The problem is the Dogs and Souths have some of the best forward packs but nothing to help them win the battle. A little variation is necessary.

It's frustrating. You would think that game plans would evolve over the years but it's been the same shit for years. Both our halfbacks have little creativity as well. For Souths it's the hospital pass and the kicks. Our forwards run like little girls as well so they don't seem as big as they really are.

___

Juniors
It's frustrating. You would think that game plans would evolve over the years but it's been the same shit for years. Both our halfbacks have little creativity as well. For Souths it's the hospital pass and the kicks. Our forwards run like little girls as well so they don't seem as big as they really are.
At least you guys have a halfback. We have 2 hookers, one posing as a halfback, a halfback playing five-eighth, a five-eighth who's injured, but most of all, on top of all that, we have a HACK posing as a coach!

Believe me, if the Bulldogs don't finish last, it will be a freaking miracle!

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Don't give up those drama classes!
It's not drama timmah its reality at this stage, which isn't what anyone wants. I wish all these players well and the coach, but I just can't see a turn around if personnel don't change.

Heard the players had a lunch today on there day off to talk about why things are the way they are, at least they care, but I fear effort isn't the problem.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
At least you guys have a halfback. We have 2 hookers, one posing as a halfback, a halfback playing five-eighth, a five-eighth who's injured, but most of all, on top of all that, we have a HACK posing as a coach!

Believe me, if the Bulldogs don't finish last, it will be a freaking miracle!

Haha I guess we have a halfback but his been plagued by injury the past 2 seasons and has never really recovered to his 2014 status? I really rate frawley he brings more direction to your team, more than mbye does but his fairly new to the NRL so it will take him some time to adjust to first grade. Do you not feel as if mbye is more of a running 5/8th though?!

I feel like both of our teams have the forward packs to do well especially the dogs forward pack. It's just our coaches willingness to be creative that kills us. Des and Maguire have proved to be premiership winning coaches but maybe the clubs need a new game plan, a fresh start? Maguire programs the players like robots. Apparently Souths players are extremely scared to make an error because they get slammed about it.

Timmah

Staff member
It's not drama timmah its reality at this stage, which isn't what anyone wants. I wish all these players well and the coach, but I just can't see a turn around if personnel don't change.

Heard the players had a lunch today on there day off to talk about why things are the way they are, at least they care, but I fear effort isn't the problem.
It is drama.

We've had no Reynolds for the last four weeks - he's back this Monday. He won't *fix* the issues totally but he, together with Graham and Morris returning, should have us back to some sort of reasonable structure.

I'm not holding hopes high for a Top 8 finish by any means but to suggest we're bound for the spoon is a stretch IMO

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It is drama.

We've had no Reynolds for the last four weeks - he's back this Monday. He won't *fix* the issues totally but he, together with Graham and Morris returning, should have us back to some sort of reasonable structure.

I'm not holding hopes high for a Top 8 finish by any means but to suggest we're bound for the spoon is a stretch IMO

I don't think even our teams are worse off than newcastle tbh.. they're a deadset disaster

___

Juniors
Haha I guess we have a halfback but his been plagued by injury the past 2 seasons and has never really recovered to his 2014 status? I really rate frawley he brings more direction to your team, more than mbye does but his fairly new to the NRL so it will take him some time to adjust to first grade. Do you not feel as if mbye is more of a running 5/8th though?!

I feel like both of our teams have the forward packs to do well especially the dogs forward pack. It's just our coaches willingness to be creative that kills us. Des and Maguire have proved to be premiership winning coaches but maybe the clubs need a new game plan, a fresh start? Maguire programs the players like robots. Apparently Souths players are extremely scared to make an error because they get slammed about it.
If you want me to be totally honest with you I'll be happy with Mbye left out altogether. He is absolutely hopeless.

In my opinion...

6. Reynolds
7. Frawley

Timmah

Staff member
I saw plenty of value in Mbye replacing Lichaa at hooker when it happened a month or two ago. Lichaa is one of our key issues, offers very little out of dummy half.