What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever happened to....

JJ

Immortal
Being from the Land of the long white (well, grey) cloud, our media is more concerned (unfortunately) with the Rah-rah game.

So, maybe you knowledgeable Australian league experts can inform me of what happened to some of these relatively recent players when they disappeared from the NRL

Greg Barwick (Panthers premiership winning fullback)
Jason Martin
Tony Priddle
Dan Stains
Dean Treister (god knows why he's not playing for Cronulla)
Gary Larson
Billy Moore (no I'm not a North Sydney fan - just figured these guys had more to offer)
Matthew Rodwell

I'm sure there are others

Matt23

Staff member
Jason Martin - is now a musician
Billy Moore - is now in the hospitality industry on the Sunshine coast
Dean Triester - playing in the ESL for Hull

chileman

Coach
Dan Stains went to the Tigers after the Sharks and then had a stint in the UK but after that I'm not really sure!
Tony Priddle came up here to play for the Burleigh Bears after his days at the Dragons....think I saw him slumped over the bar the other day at Burleigh Leagues :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gary Larson was coaching the North Sydney Bears Jersey Flegg team last year, Im not sure if hes still coaching them

Southernsaint

Staff member
Barwick - I think he went to C*nterbury after the 1991 Premiership but wasn't as good a player in a team with more "names"

Priddle - Went up to Brisbane to play for Burleigh (??) & eventually got to win a Grand Final.

It was sad to see Big Tony go: Hey diddle diddle, Priddle up the middle!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Larson actually coached the Central Comets in the Qld Cup in 2002 and then went to North Sydney this year.

Tony Priddle retired after the Burleigh Bears won the 1999 Qld Cup.

Latest posts