What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's wrong with daly cherry-evans?

davi

Juniors
Daly Cherry-Evans has now been handed the Manly captaincy. Its really time to show what he's made of this year, he's been out of form now for a couple of years and the excuses are now starting to wear thin. It will be interesting if he can return to the form that made him gold a couple of years ago, but the calls that hes a good clubman but can't make the transition to origin football haven't been answered and may never be.

"A CANDID Daly Cherry-Evans has revealed his intention to once again play representative rugby league for Queensland and Australia.

In 2014 he was viewed as a future Maroons playmaker after he was drafted into the Origin squad for game II following a broken arm to Cooper Cronk.

He didn’t make the most of the opportunity and now sits behind the likes of Anthony Milford, Michael Morgan and Ben Hunt as a potential replacement if the long term Queensland halfback was again ruled out with injury.

Cherry-Evans told Fox Sports his rep career “right now is non-existent”.

“I don’t believe I’ve played a level of football that warrants me wearing a rep jersey at the moment,’’ he said.

“Understanding where I am in the pecking order... that doesn’t sit well with me.

“Rep footy is a massive reward and it’s not something that’s just handed out.

“I am confident I can get back there. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year. But I will be back there.”

A number of Cherry-Evans’ teammates have marvelled at how sharp their new captain has looked throughout the pre-season.

Following the NRL Auckland Nines early next month, Manly’s first official trial game is against the Rabbitohs at Campbelltown Stadium on February 11.

A week later Trent Barrett’s men take on the Roosters at Central Coast Stadium in Gosford."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...7/news-story/a1ded6d05d320d6f82fc1557d0f007e6

mave

Coach
As mentioned on the Manly forum, he is saying a lot of the right things.
Hopefully for us, his actions back up his words.

davi

Juniors
Expecting a lot more from DCE this year...gotta live up to that contract.

He hasn't so far, but it can be argued Manly's roster hasn't been up to scratch in previous years particularly in the forwards. I think because the roster has been rebuilding and in transition Cherry-Evans has escaped alot of the blame thus far. But as I stated that excuse is only going to go so far, and when your getting paid the type of money he is getting paid its now about putting your hand up and taking charge.

legs 11

Juniors
yes he does have a very long neck.....looks weird , but then there is jt who has these massive over developed traps....its either no necks or DCE and all neck

Ray McKigney

Juniors
If he signed with the Titans his career would of been over. Unfortunately he's stuck at an equal rabble in Manly under Bozo's reign. He should of taken the opportunity to be Milford's halves partner. Now he may have just cost himself a chance at rugby league immortality.

Needs more seasoning.

Here you go then -

402338.jpg

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Yep. Plus have Foran back pretty quickly. No secret he made our attack better. He's still a very tough player. Just has had some mental issues.

Wow!

You'd have that idiot back at your club after last years catastrophe??

You are a far more open minded supporter than me, mate.

natheel

Coach
Wow!

You'd have that idiot back at your club after last years catastrophe??

You are a far more open minded supporter than me, mate.
After the past 8 of no finals you have to be open mindedness and take what you can get. But it seems we have turned a corner recruitment wise. But more shrewd purchases this off season

Latest posts