What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I've said in the past that I don't really rate French. Not many agreed with me.

I rate him as a fullback (who will get better with experience) but he isn't better then Gutho and is to small for wing and doubt he could cover a utility role like Smith. Thus he may be surplus to requirements.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Beaut Scott retires
Haynes off contract
So is a list of guys.

Two id be watching closely is Bevan and Manu. Both would have some attraction from other clubs and unsure if fit our team.

I would be telling Manu he is free to looking around. Still going ok but has peaked and not really offering what we need on the edges.

Big game for Hayne this week, if he really puts in, he could become that winger we need!! Hope his ego doesn't get in the way!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Whiney waking up to face the day...

annoyed-man-waking-up-alarm-bedroom-feeling-furious-waist-portrait-angry-guy-sitting-bed-morning-waving-his-107754032.jpg

El dicko already left the bed for a shower After a long love making session.

I rate him as a fullback (who will get better with experience) but he isn't better then Gutho and is to small for wing and doubt he could cover a utility role like Smith. Thus he may be surplus to requirements.
Agreed. I think fullback is his best position but I dunno if he's really first grade standard. And as Gronk pointed out, he just hasn't been the same since he lost that ligament in his knee. And why was that not replaced? Anyway, tough times for French. Would like to see him recover but fear his lack of size might be too much to overcome.

lucablight

First Grade
French was a shining light at the end of 2016. He was a genuine X factor player. I agree that he hasn’t shown the same form since his injury. I can’t tell if it’s injury related or just general poor form.

I don't know anything about knee ligaments but I remember at the time him saying that he'd just have to get used to running without that stability in his knee. I understand it was one of the less important ligaments. But I don't know why it wasn't repaired. He's still quick but he doesn't seem as agile, and I thought that was one of his strengths. I'm sure confidence is also a factor but it seems like a chicken and egg scenario.

Gronk

Staff member
So Kidwell is the assistant that we are after and as an up and coming coach (Bellamy trained) will be ready to take over from BA when he gets sacked ?

Is that what we wanted or do we still want Toovey Maguire etc who are unemployed sacked coaches to take the place of our soon to be umemployed sacked coach ?

I'm trying to keep up.

Latest posts