What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are they now?

dragon-83

Juniors
What ever happened to Evandor Cummins and Kem Seru? Anyone have any idea and there is so many other players that come to mind.

BLM01

First Grade
What ever happened to Evandor Cummins and Kem Seru? Anyone have any idea and there is so many other players that come to mind.
Oh my lord!..... If you are referring to nuffies that we promoted as being great potential..or had high hopes for...yadayada..or players that we signed from other clubs that fizzled or of gone to greener...or should I say out to pasture or park footy.. then the list has been talked about before...but it is a mile.......long.
You have started it again........but where does it end. And this is only since 2011. I could rattle off another 30 names without thinking too hard.
Here is 10 to munch on. Rulon (the Butcher) Nutira, Luke Page, Denam Kemp, Justin Hunt, Mose Masoe, Dane Neilson, Dylan Farrell, Jake Marketo (am I allowed to say him as he was a fan favourite) Mark Ioane, my favourite Nathan Green, Atelea Vea, and to a degree a fizzer was Gerard Beale...
oops that was 12. I'll stop now...Chase & Kyle Stanley, Josh Miller, Nick Emmett, Bronson Harrison, Cam King, Nathan Jones, Bronx Goodwin........bye and goodnight

ViceVersa

Juniors
Oh my lord!..... If you are referring to nuffies that we promoted as being great potential..or had high hopes for...yadayada..or players that we signed from other clubs that fizzled or of gone to greener...or should I say out to pasture or park footy.. then the list has been talked about before...but it is a mile.......long.
You have started it again........but where does it end. And this is only since 2011. I could rattle off another 30 names without thinking too hard.
Here is 10 to munch on. Rulon (the Butcher) Nutira, Luke Page, Denam Kemp, Justin Hunt, Mose Masoe, Dane Neilson, Dylan Farrell, Jake Marketo (am I allowed to say him as he was a fan favourite) Mark Ioane, my favourite Nathan Green, Atelea Vea, and to a degree a fizzer was Gerard Beale...
oops that was 12. I'll stop now...Chase & Kyle Stanley, Josh Miller, Nick Emmett, Bronson Harrison, Cam King, Nathan Jones, Bronx Goodwin........bye and goodnight

Josh Dugan.. Ha!

BLM01

First Grade
if they played first grade even once for the dragons they have my respect.i never got that far
Problem is our club thought they were going to be regular 1st graders and bolster our stocks with good depth or 1st grade value between the years of say 2011/2012 - 2016..until Millward arrived :p...TBH his duds are much less since

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
If you look at the percentage of players who make it from lower grades to the nrl you would understand that every club has similar size lists of ‘the next big things’ like us who have not made it. There was so much anger on this forum that Evander was not getting a first grade start.....but he disappeared. I think all fans, Saints and every other club, look for a future super star in their junior ranks. Desire and hope can cloud the reality of a player’s ability.

BLM01

First Grade
If you look at the percentage of players who make it from lower grades to the nrl you would understand that every club has similar size lists of ‘the next big things’ like us who have not made it. There was so much anger on this forum that Evander was not getting a first grade start.....but he disappeared. I think all fans, Saints and every other club, look for a future super star in their junior ranks. Desire and hope can cloud the reality of a player’s ability.
Correct and I for one would rather them try some Juniors or ISP locals first instead and including ones that become flops...because for that 5 year period recruiting for 2012-16, we ignored a lot of our development players and lower grades and went on a shopping spree from anywhere in the globe looking for bargain bottom of the barrel players believing we were building for the future instead of targeting a couple of established marquees from outside who you could build a team around.
Blame Bennett if you like but it was not his job to view and plan for the future past 2011 when he resigned.
Widdop (not enough) and I suppose Dugan who fell in our lap in that period were the only decent import signings and I dont think Benji was right for our club as a saviour at the time.
Some of own 1st grade players at that time (just because they were in our system) that were overrated choosing to upgrade or keep from our existing squad and pay overs was a part of the problem.
Doust, Young & partly Price stuffed our recruitment / retention up so badly in that period we are only now getting to a point of recovering from those dark few years.
Every club has bought duds and had problems but we took the cake in spades through the 1st half of this decade.
Did Mulholland start to turn things round..maybe but was only with us a short time and I question some of his purchases. For me Millward has made more right decisions than wrong in the past few years, I just hope he keeps that up cause some things out there in regards to rumours etc, are starting to worry me again.

Last edited: