What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does Dugan play ?

bluefox68

Staff member
Agree that Ramien is a centre, but he obviously can play wing...

He should go there in place of Katoa.

However, I don’t think Dugan will be back...

bluefox1968

Juniors
Ramien is our best center in years, you don't put him in the wing.
I agree with the 'best centre' comment, but he has played wing - World Club Challenge - he could be a real threat outside Dugan (right-side attack).

I'd also be happy with Lee & Duges on the left and Ramien and Katoa on the right. I think this is more of a dangerous combo, but I can't see Flanno dropping Leutele. It would also be a bit of a waste putting Loots on the bench, as we need big (but mobile) forwards.

To put Loots, or any other outside back, on the bench you have to drop either Seggy or Brails.
That may happen, Flanno has been playing Seggy for longer minutes the last couple of games.
To win the comp it's best if you have an 80 minute hooker, ala Ennis and Smith.
But carry on.

shaggs

Coach
Yeah, but that WAS 18 months ago... (roughly)...
The only evidence we have that he can play wing was that game where he wasn’t up to scratch.
Swapping between the two spots isn’t that easy, especially for a career centre

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
Can Dugan take Katoa wing

Seems a better option than swapping and changing centers that are in good form.
Duges would handle wing better than lots of Ramien. (I think he was in the Aus team on the wing at one point?)
Less likely to rupture his hymen on the wing too.

coolumsharkie

Referee
After last night you wouldn't move Val back to the wing. Duggan will be back for the Manly game, hopefully LL also. Drop Sorenson and Katoa, put Duges or Loots on the wing.

Stake Removed

First Grade
After last night you wouldn't move Val back to the wing. Duggan will be back for the Manly game, hopefully LL also. Drop Sorenson and Katoa, put Duges or Loots on the wing.

I think Sorensen needs to be in the 17 he was only forward to play 80 last night, and interesting to see Bukuya is getting very limited minutes

Latest posts