What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would a Western corridor/Jets team play?

The Daddy3

Juniors
Western coridoor have weak financials

joining with the bombers did nothing

it doesn’t look like they have a leagues club either

perhaps a merger with easts is the way to go it’s a shame such a rich club like easts should miss out on an nrl spot

play most games at Suncorp but play some games in the western coridoor somewhere too

if easts merged with western coridoor the broncos would have less objections
Why would they have less objections?

greenBV4

Bench
Western coridoor have weak financials

joining with the bombers did nothing

it doesn’t look like they have a leagues club either

perhaps a merger with easts is the way to go it’s a shame such a rich club like easts should miss out on an nrl spot

play most games at Suncorp but play some games in the western coridoor somewhere too

if easts merged with western coridoor the broncos would have less objections
just give the license to easts and broncos will shift their focus west over time

flippikat

Bench
If the team was having 100% (or even 80%) home games at Suncorp - which strikes me as the ideal here.. please no more suburban dumps - what's the transport like from the west to Suncorp?

Is there the public transport in place to get crowds to and from the team's catchment to Suncorp... especially on those night games that broadcasters relish so much?

MugaB

Coach
If the team was having 100% (or even 80%) home games at Suncorp - which strikes me as the ideal here.. please no more suburban dumps - what's the transport like from the west to Suncorp?

Is there the public transport in place to get crowds to and from the team's catchment to Suncorp... especially on those night games that broadcasters relish so much?
This the same argument everyone had with dolphins out at redcliffe and transport to Suncorp, if tge western corridor bid gets up, it'll be dolphins v2.0, most games at suncorp, then a few local games spread between mainly Ipswich and a couple in Toowoomba

Vee

First Grade

The Ipswich line stops at Milton, few minutes walk from the southern gate.

flippikat

Bench
The Ipswich line stops at Milton, few minutes walk from the southern gate.
OK, so a western team with the majority (if not all) games at Suncorp isn't too taxing a proposition for that supporter base.

I imagine they may want to take a lower pulling game to Ipswich itself ot Toowoomba (maybe trials?), but nice to know the transport is sound for a centralized stadium strategy.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
There is no suburban ground capable of holding NRL in Brisbane, and that includes Dolphin Oval.

It's Suncorp or nothing for mine.

Spending $500M so Brisbane can have 2 NRL stadiums for 3 teams is just bad economics.
The Jets had a some financial commitment from the Feds to build a 20k stadium in Ipswich if it won the team 17 slot. You'd think if they got the nod in the future the QLD Govt and Ipswich Council (maybe) would chip in the rest. They'd play there with the big derby matches at Suncorp I'd imagine.

Canard

Immortal
The Jets had a some financial commitment from the Feds to build a 20k stadium in Ipswich if it won the team 17 slot. You'd think if they got the nod in the future the QLD Govt and Ipswich Council (maybe) would chip in the rest. They'd play there with the big derby matches at Suncorp I'd imagine.

$20M could build a nice carpark and toilet facilities for the local netball and touch footy teams.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
$20M could build a nice carpark and toilet facilities for the local netball and touch footy teams.
That's how these things work though, the Fed's put up some money to get the ball rolling and then the QLD Govt throws some in if / when the club gets the nod.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbane3 should be south brisbane somethings owned by easts a d covering everything south and west of city. I can’t see broncos allowing it but if we’ve got rid of fox by then they can jump.
shouldnt be until team 20 in about ten years time anyway, by then Ipswich may have an nRl sized stadium for 4 games with other 8 at Suncorp.

nrl shouldnt be allowing any game to be played in stadium of less than 20k. Kayo stadium is a joke for a new club to be playing out of.

Last edited:

Latest posts