What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which networks will get the next RL TV rights?

Which networks will get the next rugby league TV rights?

• Nine-Foxtel

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Seven-Foxtel

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Ten-Foxtel

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nine-Ten-Foxtel

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Seven-Ten-Foxtel

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Seven-Nine-Foxtel

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other (ABC, SBS plus other combos ect)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
I'm happy to see it leave 9 based purely on the fact I don't have to listen to wankers like Warren, Gould, and Voss tell me what to think (only Sterling should survive). I went with 7/Fox Sports.

JW

Coach
i can see Packer being stupid and trying to do what his father couldn't and get the boggerball rights. he'll throw a heap of money at it and 7 and 10 won't even bother. they will then fight it out for League and 7 will win

9 will end up going down the gurglar

call me Nostradamus

I tend to agree. Nine will be going extra hard for the Boggerball rights.

OVP

Coach
There will be no change. Gallop will sell the rights for a song, even though they will receive a much larger bid from 7 or 10.

Matt23

Staff member
Hopefully 7 & foxtel, but knowing Gallop, he'll go the lowest bidder and nine will retain it

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It would be good if the three major networks were all broadcasting different aspects of the game. All three broadcasting regular season matches (2 Friday games, a Saturday or the Monday game, a Sunday game). That way Rugby League is exposed on the 3 main TV medias. Hopefully all supportive of them. I wonder how Monday Night footy would go on FTA, might really hurt the crowds for it with everyone having access to it, not just those with Foxtel, but I rekonit would be a ratings blockbuster as it would really be the only sport on at all that night. Especially in the southern states, the news recap would only be of the NRL match.

Curious, the Toyota cup contract is parallel with the NRL one im assuming, would it be possible or even a good idea to sell that to digital channels as they wouldnt need to be broadcast on the main channels aswell? It wouldnt be a bad idea for say who ever has the Sunday game rights, say Ten, to broadcast the Toyota Cup on One live at 2pm, then go straight into the NRL game which would be on both One and Ten.

Could do that with almost every FTA game aslong as it doesnt clash with another NRL or NYC game. So GO could start broadcasting the relevant (relevant as in which match goes live into which ever state) NYC game on GO at 5:30pm, then lead into the NRL games at 7:30.

Latest posts