What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which NRL club has the best two wingers combination in 2017.

Which team has the best pair of wingers in 2017?

• 3. Brisbane: Corey Oates and Jordan Kahu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. Cronulla: Sosaia Feki and Gerard Beale

• 8. Manly: Akuila Uate and Jorge Taufua

• Total voters
Lol French has played 4 games on the wing this year....bloody alt, can't even get the facts right.

JAC is incredibly overrated. But Melbourne probably still win

You goose. French is a winger who was forced to play full back because of injuries to first choice full back, which is now Clint Gutherson (out for season). Look at the bloody team list you genius. French is a winger first choice.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Melbourne pair are electric, but you could put Lachlan Maranta and Jono Wright on the edges of that Storm backline and they'd still rack up 30-40 tries between them.

I went with the Raiders simply because Rapana is the best of the 4 and Cotric is going to be the best player of the 4 by a long way.

They'd look every bit as good in the Storm team only they're also better metre eaters out of their own end too.

Barkley

Bench
Whats the obsession with Wingers lately? They are just a bunch on pretty boy salad eaters.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Wing is heaps important now Imo. They act like 2 extra props. Hell when priest and Bateman are on the field rapana and cotric are probably the raiders best on field props

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers? You're having a laugh.

DWZ is the most overrated fake tough guy in the game.
What makes him a fake tough guy?

Not drinking alcohol? Volunteering as a touchie for local junior games? Not retaliating when someone grabs him by the throat while he is volunteering? Being a NZ international?

He's still only a kid aswell. Better head on his shoulders than a lot of other dickheads running around.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
What makes him a fake tough guy?

Not drinking alcohol? Volunteering as a touchie for local junior games? Not retaliating when someone grabs him by the throat while he is volunteering? Being a NZ international?

He's still only a kid aswell. Better head on his shoulders than a lot of other dickheads running around.

He does that? What a quality effort getting involved in local junior games, other players should be involved like that.

Life's Good

Coach
For me it's the Raiders pair over the Storm pair. NC & JR do a hell of a lot more than just get over the line and score. They create and influence the play much more than JAC & SV who are good in their own right but primarily strong finishers, although SV could make a good hurdler.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whats the obsession with Wingers lately? They are just a bunch on pretty boy salad eaters.

I think Melbourne's new style is showing just how valuable top wingers are, in fact I would go as far as to say they could single handily be reshaping the salary cap % split by position given the value the Storm pair (and to lessor degree Canberra's) are having on influencing game outcomes. I predict a new era of wing play is upon us.

mxlegend99

Referee
He does that? What a quality effort getting involved in local junior games, other players should be involved like that.
If he wasn't attacked I am not sure I would have ever known he did. Here's the most recent article I could find.

PENRITH star Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has vowed to continue volunteering at junior rugby league games despite being physically attacked while serving as a touch judge.

Watene-Zelezniak on Monday admitted being shaken by the incident that resulted in a St Marys official being handed a lifetime ban for grabbing the Panthers winger by the throat.

But he insisted it wouldn’t deter him and said it gave him even more respect for NRL refs and touch judges.

“It’s going to take a lot more than that for me to stop helping out the junior league and me remembering where I came from,” Watene-Zelezniak said.

“He had a bad day. Everyone’s had a bad day. I’ve had some bad days. It’s just unlucky that I had to be that trigger on that day for him.”

Watene-Zelezniak was helping out his junior club St Clair before playing for the Panthers later that day.

“My game ritual is in the morning of a game, I like to forget about myself and do something for someone else. It puts me in a good mindframe for the game,” he said.

“I wasn’t going down there to be the touch judge, it’s just that no one wanted to do it and I just fit in there. I thought that was my thing I could do.”

The 21-year-old New Zealand international said the experience made him think about NRL match officials, who have come under heavy verbal fire from coaches in the past two weeks.

“I came off the field and I was like, if that can happen in under-12s, imagine what the NRL referees and touch judges get,” he said.

“I’ve always had a lot of respect for them, without them the game can’t function. My hat’s off to them.”

The 21-year-old credited his religious beliefs for helping him quickly forgive his attacker, and he even apologised to the man for the backlash he’s copped.

“What kind of guy would I be if I couldn’t forgive anyone? I’d be depressed every day, I’d be angry. It’s harder to hate someone than it is to forgive them,” he said.

“Obviously someone grabs you by the throat, you want to do something about it. But the way I’ve grown up with my beliefs, it was a no-brainer.

“I did speak to a few people from the St Marys club and he was apologetic to me.

“To him, I’m very sorry for the way it’s come out in the media and the way he’s been put down by people. If I can forgive him, then everyone else can forgive him.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/28887bcb2c902b9588053723322955a3

22 years old. Has played 70+ NRL games, 3 games for New Zealand and finds time to volunteer at local junior matches. Could certainly use more players like this in the game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Raiders imo. Both the Storm wingers are absolute guns, but Rapana is just brilliant & for Cotric to be this good at about 14 shows he will dominate for a long, long time.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raiders imo. Both the Storm wingers are absolute guns, but Rapana is just brilliant & for Cotric to be this good at about 14 shows he will dominate for a long, long time.
Storm have to be the best team at replacing players.

So many times they lose players and you think they will surely miss them. Yet everytime they lose them they replace them with someone who looks almost as good if not better.

Their wingers are superstars because of the system they are in. Bellamy has taken many fringe first graders and turned them into solid or better NRL players. The Storm have the most damaging pairing. But I feel like they could replace both of them and have no troubles racking up points still finding anothercouple pf superstars. Not many teams could say that.

The difference between Melbourne and Canberra wingers is that Melbourne wingers are great finishers, while Canberra wingers create tries from nothing.

Latest posts