What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team in the 8 Has a chance

TRANSLATION

Juniors
From My Betting. The Dogs would not be favourites to win the comp.

Roosters are the best team in the Competition, thanks to the strength in depth and quality of players, including the style of football they adopt and the way they have been asked to play.

It's not as dominant as 2002, were in the last 9 weeks they played 2 levels above the rest of the competition. Sure the Public was robbed of a Dogs vs roosters grand final, and the Dogs are the only ones who can beat them IMHO.

Why they are the best team in 2003.

Their style of attack is second to none, and very good on the eye. The plays the Roosters have in their armour are very well thoughout moves, that give them results more often than not.

Fitler is the focal point of their attacking moves, and he can slip into the zone when he is on his game.
Minichello is on fire, and his ability to break tackles is now second only to Utai. But minichello is having his best year so far.
Flannery is an unsung hero at the roosters. He is a good clubman, and very important to there chances. He can cover for Freddy during a game, but he can not replace him, in terms of class.

What the Roosters are missing, from 2002, the most important ingredient to me is, Class right accross the feild.

Luke Phillips was incredible at the back and his last line of defence, was 2nd to none. His brilliance in covering up, saved them on average 1 to 2 tries per game.

Justin Hodges. His brilliance outwide, was a dominant factor in 2002 and the start of 2003. He is a gamebreaker, But he is missing.

Craig Fitzgibbon is back, but he will not be anywhere near as confident, nor as mobile, and that was Fitz's Greatest attribute. They will lose out playing him in the finals, IMHO.

Minichello going to the Fullback posi has been successfull, but they are missing his dynamics out on the wing. The roosters are vulnerable on the short sides. Especially on fitlers Side now.

Fitlers injury could be the worst thing for the roosters. It does not look like getting better, only looks like getting worse. They need to make sure they go straight to week 3, then prey they do enough to win in week 3.

A lot depends on Freddy and having him in doubt is going to give them no end of trouble. I thought they were specials leading up to the GF.
Now the other teams in the comp are in the Hunt.

The Dogs were also travelling very well leading up to the finals, until they hit a hurdle, The BYE. It killed there momentum, and if they dont be carefull, maybe their season.
They need to do some soulsearching, and must come out and play the way we know they can. Or else, they may go out in week 2.

The Panthers have the most well balanced team in the Comp. Great Backs, mobile forwards, Great young talent, A halfback who keeps finding space with his kicking game, and 2 Dynamic players in Presto and Wesser.
2 Big Mobile backrowers in Puletua and Joe G.
On their day if they come to play with Intensity, they will beat anyteam in the comp, even at their best. No Finals experience, may prove there downfall.

The Raiders and the Storm, are going to fall short, but the winner from this game will possibly progress to week 3, and then have a shot at making the GF. If they can manage to get the right team in week 2, wee 4 is a possibility.

The Knights boast the best team of players in the comp, whilst losing the best player in the comp, everyone else is available. If they turn up to play, and feel confident in their attack, and their kicking game, they will beat the roosters.

Kennedy, Simpson, Perry, parsons, Abraham, Buderus, Mgdougall, Tahu, Gidley x 2, O Davis, Hall.. Thats the highest quality of players. Very mobile, very strong, very skillfull. Could cause an upset in week 1, They unlike the other 3 games vs the Roosters, Will make sure Freddy's shoulder cops some massive treatment.

Doggies.

If they get their act together and their support play comes back, then they can only get better as the weeks go towards the GF. .

If they can, I would like to see a Panthers Vs Knights GF.. But that wont happen.

More like

Dogs Vs Waarriors GF.

If freddy stays right, and his shoulder improves, then they can still make the GF.

My Money, would be on the Warriors. as Long as they make week 2, even if they lose this week, I think they can go on with it.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
:roll:

I Forgot to add why I think the Warriors can win it.

Firstly the Experience they got from 2002. The fact that they have not played to their Potential in 2003. They are far from their best.
They have managed to win well without Stacey Jones.
The younger players like Hohoia, Ropati, lelauiu ???..are big talents.

Faumauina is outstanding. Lauititi is ready to go, the rest of the pack is full of Experience and Mongrel.

Toopi is outstanding as is Anderson, Mellars, Faffilli, Meli, Webb.

They are as good as they were last year, yet they are still in second Gear. They might not survive week 1, But if they do. Look out.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Stgillaman said:
It's not as dominant as 2002, were in the last 9 weeks they played 2 levels above the rest of the competition. Sure the Public was robbed of a Dogs vs roosters grand final, and the Dogs are the only ones who can beat them IMHO.

Just how were the public robbed of a C*nterbury vs Easts Grand Final?? Auckland earnt their Grand Final appearance & frankly, I'd feel more agreived had the cheats only been found out after winning the thing. They did the wrong thing & they were given their slap on the wrist & are back in contention again with the same team. Come to think of it, I'll feel cheated if they win it this seaosn.

I don't really care who wins this season as long as it's not C*nterbury, Easts or Brisbane - I just want to see some good footy.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts