What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which teams drop out

With 10 rounds played and 14 games to go, which teams (if any) drop out of the current top 8.

For those talking up Dragons as top 4, I don't see it happening.

Table attached.

Straight Shooter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170515-065922.png
    Screenshot_20170515-065922.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 18

hewi

Bench
Agreed. The loss of 3 in a row has hurt badly. To make 30 points taking into account the byes we need 7 wins from 12 games. How for/ against is a lot better than last year thank goodness however I think we might struggle unfortunately.

Belta

Juniors
Our draw coming home is quite favourable including two games against Newcastle so I think we should make the 8

possm

Coach
Don't think even Newcastle can be counted on after what they did to Canberra.
If we continue to lose games while Widdop is out, we will be on shaky ground; as in 2015. However, I believe if we put Mann and Field in the halves, we may be able to turn things around.

SBD82

Coach
With 10 rounds played and 14 games to go, which teams (if any) drop out of the current top 8.

Table attached.

Straight Shooter
Bulldogs and sea eagles most likely to drop out.

Replacements to come from 2 of titans, warriors and Canberra.

Lethal25

Juniors
I fear Penrith are about to get hot and start pushing for the 8, along with Canberra they are two teams who have the potential. Warriors due to get their Origin presents soon and collect free competition points but they've dropped one too many games IMO

Dogs look shot, Cowboys will need all troops on deck, still thinking Saints in a reasonable position but this weeks game quite important

jeffdragon

Bench
If we didnt have injury to widdop ,we would have beaten chooks for sure
We should have got the sharks ,also netball pass didnt help for their second try.
We could have cemented our place up the top
Just beaten without our playmaker.
I think when we will be ok
I hope we have all on deck to play the dogs , i hope we smash em , we owe them big time
Would be a let down if we did drop out

Crush

Coach

Table attached.

Straight Shooter
It depends on which teams have the least injuries to key players. Take the spine out of any team and they will start dropping games.....

Ace-STi

Juniors
We have a favourable draw from here on in... tbh even 6/4 with teams we played still not bad and we have been mostly competitive in defeat

thebigredv

First Grade
The team is going alright despite 3 straight loses. One of which should have been a 8 point win with decent officials. Effort is still there, and I believe some of McGregor's lack of creativity and use of players has hurt us more than player skill, heart or creativity.

Without a proper halfback, it feels like the best we can do is stay competitive, and then get overtaken comfortably come the business end of the season. As others have suggested, Field or Mann need to go to 7 immediately, even if it takes a few games for things to click, and it will.

Why does it always feel like we are looking to the future for success? It boils down to some poor management that we continually pay for. We needed a Hunt type player this season. Hutchinson was never going to be a saviour.

I've been wrong often but I think we might be heading for a finish where we scrape into the eight, and fizzle out first week with some McCrone 'magic'.

p.s. I am not a McCrone hater. I was at one point. He really tries and defends strongly but God he couldn't kick to save his life.

mickeylane

Bench
The team is going alright despite 3 straight loses. One of which should have been a 8 point win with decent officials. Effort is still there, and I believe some of McGregor's lack of creativity and use of players has hurt us more than player skill, heart or creativity.

Without a proper halfback, it feels like the best we can do is stay competitive, and then get overtaken comfortably come the business end of the season. As others have suggested, Field or Mann need to go to 7 immediately, even if it takes a few games for things to click, and it will.

Why does it always feel like we are looking to the future for success? It boils down to some poor management that we continually pay for. We needed a Hunt type player this season. Hutchinson was never going to be a saviour.

I've been wrong often but I think we might be heading for a finish where we scrape into the eight, and fizzle out first week with some McCrone 'magic'.

p.s. I am not a McCrone hater. I was at one point. He really tries and defends strongly but God he couldn't kick to save his life.
I agree with your points - Im certain we make top 8 but i disagree w early exit - Dragons play semi final footy each week - forward grind and backs take their opportunity - watch this team fly when Widdop come back - all he teams confidence will come back including McCrones...

A team like the Roosters continue to look for improvements and a winning edge. They already have a strong head coach and compliment this with the hiring of JT as assistant. We plod along with Hornby & Young.

Professional organisation v boys club in action.

Straight Shooter

BrissyRedV

Bench
Effort is still there, and I believe some of McGregor's lack of creativity and use of players has hurt us more than player skill, heart or creativity.
This has hurt us greatly in the last few weeks particularly with shifting Mann around and continuing with Flo at fullback. Also, the obvious instructions for McCrone to be the only kicker has hurt as well as his kicking has been atrocious.

possm

Coach
Well we lost the past 3 games with McCrone at 7 and Nightingale at 1. It would have been great to come through this period with something. Testing Dufty at 1, Mann at 6 and Field at 7 would have given us some sense as to where we are with these young players. We may have lost because these players were a little green however, we lost anyway. 6 competition points either way.

The course Mary has chosen gave us nothing but the - if only. May a Dufty sizzling performance, a bright and lively halves performance could have won the day. At the very least we could have have tested these 3 and formed an opinion on their readiness for first grade.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Well we lost the past 3 games with McCrone at 7 and Nightingale at 1. It would have been great to come through this period with something. Testing Dufty at 1, Mann at 6 and Field at 7 would have given us some sense as to where we are with these young players. We may have lost because these players were a little green however, we lost anyway. 6 competition points either way.

The course Mary has chosen gave us nothing but the - if only. May a Dufty sizzling performance, a bright and lively halves performance could have won the day. At the very least we could have have tested these 3 and formed an opinion on their readiness for first grade.
The biggest loss to the side has been Widdop. I believe Mann and Field would have provided ample cover for his loss if McCrone was not the 7 though. His kicking game particularly in the Sharks game killed us. Also, Mary's insistence on shifting the key positions around and not allowing any continuity has killed any momentum as well.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
At least the for and against is not that bad from those 3 losses. Could have been worse. BUT I think if they kept Mann at 1/2 with Field they would have won against the Sharks.

Our only hope is McCrone to get injured in order for him to be dropped unfortunately.

Latest posts