What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which teams Suffer from the One man Band

Kiwi

First Grade
[furrycat said:
]Of course a lot teams will lose without a star halfback... maybe because they do a lot of the kicking!

They do alot more than just the kicking, the star play maker controls the attack, the tempo of the game, they are the director out there. Take them out of ANY team and they are gornski in the premiership race. Some people just can't and won't admit it.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Kiwi said:
[furrycat said:
]Of course a lot teams will lose without a star halfback... maybe because they do a lot of the kicking!

They do alot more than just the kicking, the star play maker controls the attack, the tempo of the game, they are the director out there. Take them out of ANY team and they are gornski in the premiership race. Some people just can't and won't admit it.

We Lost Firman, and I told people, Head is a very good organiser and tactical halfback. They both have their strengths. We lost our major playmaker from last season, yet we are doing off better without him.

Go Figure. :shock:

Kiwi

First Grade
Stgillaman said:
Kiwi said:
Stgillaman said:
Kiwi said:
All the teams have a player that they can't win a premiership without.

The Dragons can't win without Barrett, Storm without Orford, Panthers without Gower can't take the tittle either.

Bulldogs wouldn't win without Sherwin, whilst they have alot of stars, take the key player out, and you get over taken by teams that still have theirs.

Simple fact is teams, all teams have a key player, a player they base their attack around, when they lose that player for the season, they lose their best chance of winning the premiership. there is no set one man team anymore, they all have a player they could not win the tittle without.

I don't give a toss what anyone tries to say about their club, it's bullsh*t. I'm a Broncos fan, and I know without Lockyer our chances of winning the tittle are very slim, just like everyone elses if they lose their key play maker.

Thats yet another win without our number 1 halves. Thanks Browny for taking this team from a 1 man Band to a TEAM.

Against the sharks, like thats something to rave about, where are they on the table? You get all excited about one win over a team that'll finish in the very lower 2 or 3 places on the ladder. My opinion still stands, the Dragons are as much a 1 man team as any other. make all the excuses, claims you want, simple fact is they can't win the premiership without Barrett, get over it.

Kiwi, you dont have to get all defensive mate. All those people who claim we can not win without Barrett are wrong, and there are facts there to prove it.

Barrett missed all but 5 games last season, we won 12 for memory.
Barrett went off with 25 to go against the premiers, and we put 24 points on them in the last 20.
Barrett did not play last night, and we put 40 past the Sharks at Shark park, who were not playing badly mind you.
Give credit where credit is due Kiwi. THe dragons against the Panthers, Tigers, knights and sharks created enough opportunites to score 70 points without too much fuss.

Barrett or no barrett.

Against the Roosters we just lossed at Their home ground in unlucky circumstances again with no Barrett, Bailey, Ryles, Firman.
They are out top 4 players mate.
The 2 Go forward players and our Generals.
Sure thommo, Cooper, Kite, Hornby & co are very good footballers mate, but we have continually proved that excuses mean Zippo. These guys beat the Broncos, Roosters, bulldogs and panthers last year without these guys and more.

Nathan brown has turned a one man band into a TEAM, not individuals.

you can not deny that, and you can not deny the sharks were all that bad last night. Against most teams they would have scored 309 last night in that form.

Why is it me getting defensive? You're the one writing the novel to defend the Dragons.

How did you go making the 8 last year without barrett? Thats right you didn't. Sure you had other injuries, but if Barrett was there you would have made it.

As for the Sharks last night being in form, next you'll tell me the Panthers played well against your mob aswell :roll: . You can say we won this game, and that, and this one, and that one, scored this many points, but fact is Dragons lost enough to miss the final 8. Mate you can word it however you want I do not fear the Dragons without Barrett.

Kiwi

First Grade
Stgillaman said:
Kiwi said:
[furrycat said:

We Lost Firman, and I told people, Head is a very good organiser and tactical halfback. They both have their strengths. We lost our major playmaker from last season, yet we are doing off better without him.

I'm sorry what grade was Firman playing when he got injured? Thats right premier league, must have been in really good form and not suffering second year syndrome to be there.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Stgillaman said:
Kiwi said:
[furrycat said:

I'm sorry what grade was Firman playing when he got injured? Thats right premier league, must have been in really good form and not suffering second year syndrome to be there.

you Dont fear the Dragons without Barrett..??

Do u remember the last game of the season in 2003 mate.. The last time we played your Broncos ??
Dragons Let whom sit it out, Firman, Ryles, Bailey and Barrett. Yet they won. Don't fear them at your own peril.
Firman was playing PL, to get some game time for his kicking game was attrocious. He did not have the same pre season the other guys did due to shoulder surgery.

Anyway, I dont need your acceptance, but It's noted you don't give out credit, when credit is due.

Hope Locky stays Fit.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Don't worry about Kiwi, statistics prove that Saints can win with or without Barrett.

This season, especially, the team have proved that they are a team, not just a collection of decent players.

Cheers,
Ben S.