What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the best sides to watch?

Who are the best sides to watch at their best (4 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
There is a basic and widespread criticism of the attractiveness of the footy played this year. The top 4 - who for a reason are the top 4 sides - all have an element of being clinical rather than reactive. Melbourne are especially boring.

The presence of my mob plus the Tigers on TV games adds to this. The absurdity of two dud squads promoting our codeis beyond my comprehension, and others.

Anyone who caught the back end of theWarriors v Titans game today would have seen breathtaking open field plays that were simply breathtaking to watch. Sure, both sides have lacked consistency, but on their day both clubs - especially the Warriors - are aesome advertisements for our sport.

I ahve always loved watching those sides, plus the Cowbys and Raiders in the last 10 or so years, because when they are up it's usually due to skill and ability to play attractive footy like no other.

Aside from your club, who do you prefer to watch when they are on fire?

I agree mate,with the warriors-can look like park footballers and then implode and tear you apart. 2003 semi against the dogs had to be seen to believe.

Packy

Bench
Pretty much those you mentioned as well as Panthers at times this year. I think the Dogs were entertaining last year and there are times when i really enjoy the way Manly just grind teams down.

HowHigh

Coach
This season Warriors have been the most consistently entertaining to watch for me.
Other than that this has been one of the worst seasons in recent memory..my opinion is probably a bit bias due to the fact Dragons have been so poor.

GONZO72

Juniors
There is a basic and widespread criticism of the attractiveness of the footy played this year. The top 4 - who for a reason are the top 4 sides - all have an element of being clinical rather than reactive. Melbourne are especially boring.

The presence of my mob plus the Tigers on TV games adds to this. The absurdity of two dud squads promoting our codeis beyond my comprehension, and others.

Anyone who caught the back end of theWarriors v Titans game today would have seen breathtaking open field plays that were simply breathtaking to watch. Sure, both sides have lacked consistency, but on their day both clubs - especially the Warriors - are aesome advertisements for our sport.

I ahve always loved watching those sides, plus the Cowbys and Raiders in the last 10 or so years, because when they are up it's usually due to skill and ability to play attractive footy like no other.

Aside from your club, who do you prefer to watch when they are on fire?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Evenflow

Bench
Melbourne are especially boring.

What would you prefer? Your team to be perceived as boring by some but still win regularly, or your team to be widely known as disgustingly bad and pathetic by all and lose regularly like your rabble?

Yeah, thought so....

thorson1987

Coach
What would you prefer? Your team to be perceived as boring by some but still win regularly, or your team to be widely known as disgustingly bad and pathetic by all and lose regularly like your rabble?

Yeah, thought so....

It's all about perception.

I don't find our games boring at all.

But watching parra games I struggle to watch all of it.

Hutty1986

Immortal

Yeah, thought so....

Just curious, do you think the Storm use the footy enough?

And the fact remains that there's SFA "boring" about winning..

Silent Knight

First Grade
The Knights used to be one of the more entertaining teams in the comp but now I'll readily admit we're about as exciting as stale rye bread.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
For me when the Warriors are on their game they're probably the most attractive team to watch. Threw in Manly, Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

Evenflow

Bench
It's all about perception.

I don't find our games boring at all.

Totally agree. I can see that some would've called us 'boring' a few seasons back but find it a bit hard to comprehend now.

Just curious, do you think the Storm use the footy enough?

And the fact remains that there's SFA "boring" about winning..

I think so, or more that it's dependent on how different games are playing out. When it's close and more of a grind i think we concentrate on percentage football and are a lot safer with the pill but when the game allows it become more expansive and throw it around a bit more.

Though overall and as Thorson mentioned we do much more with the ball these days than what we have done in the past. That's probably to do with necessity more than anything else with how the game keeps evolving.

As you said there's nothing boring about winning and if it means winning a comp (as your team also did with so called boring footy from some) then i'll take that every time it's offered as i'm sure every Dragons fan did as well. Teams might throw it around and supposedly are more exciting to watch but that means sweet f**k all if it doesn't win you games.

the rebel

Juniors
Even though I am a Warriors supporter, I would have to say I enjoy watching any games involving Manly the most. Love the way they play. They play a good brand of footy and hit hard in defence. Love watching guys like Matai, Watnough.. even though they are grubs. Hate watching Melbourne tbh. too robotic.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have nightmares of the days when people use to mock Dragons for being boring. I wake up in a sweat. I was so traumatized. Now I just have my finals DVDs to console me. :(

Latest posts