What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who did you support before the Storm?

SP

Bench
Sorry if this has been asked before in other forums, but im am curious, who did you lot of Storm supporters support before Melbourne joined in 1998?

My cousin supported Penrith before following the storm when they joined in 98

Brisbane.. I think, or was it the Sharks :?

No, it was the Sharks, I remember thinking Brisbane was just cashing in on the Denver Broncos name and popularity.

Hoggy

Bench
Canberra 1989-96 - had something to do with Big Mal from memory. ;)

No one in 1997 because Canberra had gone to Super League, bit ironic now that the Storm would have actually been a SL team. :?

Penrith Due to '91.

And I have a soft spot for the Broncos due to taping and learning to play the game from them. (Moving up to The Gold Coast added to my interest.)

GO Storm !!!!!
yellow.gif

Anonymous

Juniors
*Singing Theme Song* The Hunter Mariners, the Hunter Mariners....

:lol:

One year in the comp, but they still managed to be the worlds second best team ;-) :D :lol: Stupid WCC :lol:

broncos because they weren't from sydney... but only an interest, not what you'd call a supporter of any team really.

Once Storm came in in 98, it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship... :)

Surandy

Bench
There was rugby league before Melbourne Storm?!?

Hehehe, sorry, I am a relatively recent convert. I only started watching rugby league in 1998, got a bit more interested in it in 1999. And since going to my first game in 2000 I have only missed about 4 or 5 home games. I've even caught 4 away games in the last two years.

tdcockers

Juniors
hehe, i am in the same boat, only i wasnt converted

i only got into sport (read rugby league) in 1998, and always liked to go for the underdogs, so the storm was the obvious choice :)

olympic park

Juniors
Surandy said:
There was rugby league before Melbourne Storm?!?

yes i agree there is no existance before i started following!!!

i started by being introduced to the game whilst in sydney back in '98 - and the naive melbournian i was saying "whats rugby league?". low and behold i was even taken to a souths game and was hooked instantly - and have been ever since - though being a storm supporter and member in the last few years!!!

tdcockers said:
hehe, i am in the same boat, only i wasnt converted

i only got into sport (read rugby league) in 1998, and always liked to go for the underdogs, so the storm was the obvious choice :)

I coverted because some Politcial Party (JEFF KENNET the Royal Hideass) was having plans to sell Waverly Park and if that happend, i would not go to a AFL game EVER AGIAN!!!!. That was a Brillant place for the Storm i think!!!.

Look what happen!!!!.

I was always keen on the Balmain Tigers before 1998.