What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best short kicking game in the league?

Who has the best short kicking game in the league?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Sherwin

• Brett Finch

• Brett Kimmorley

• Braith Anasta

• Stacey Jones

• Preston Campbell

• Mark McLinden

• Adam Dykes

• Total voters

Dogaholic

First Grade
Can someone fix the poll up. Somehow 2 sherwin's and Johns have shown up.

im unable to edit it

Cheers

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Brent Sherwin.
But if i was voting for best cross field bomb it would be Gower for sure. He has pin point accuracy and timing on his kicks across to Rooney, Lewis and now Roberts.

Macca

Coach
You should change this poll to which half back plays for the team you support. :roll:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
It's funny? I disn't see Matt Orford there. The in-form half-back of the comp.

Keep dreaming boys.

Meanwhile Storm keep winning.................................................

Tommy Smith

Referee
woodgers said:
Finally! A raiders fan who didn't say "Macca". :roll: Honestly, you'd think the Raiders are ten time defending champions with the way some of you rate your players as the best at everything.

"We have the best forwrd pack"
"Schicofske is the best FB behind Lockyer"
"McLinden is the best short kicker"
"Wiki is the best forward"
"Phil 'first division' Graham is the next superstar"
"Same for Campese and Gafa"
"Woolford is the best captain and the most underated hooker"
"Mono's should play for NSW and Australia"
"Davico and O'Hara should be playing for Australia"

Back to the question, it's a no brainer. Brent Sherwin by miles.

Oh come on. Every person on this forum talks up their own team, that's why we're supporters. You've probably said the same things about your players over time.

But back to the point of the thread, if you actually look at how many kicks through tries McLinden sets up with grubbers, then you'd realise why I picked him along with Sherwin.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
woodgers said:
Finally! A raiders fan who didn't say "Macca". :roll: Honestly, you'd think the Raiders are ten time defending champions with the way some of you rate your players as the best at everything.

"We have the best forwrd pack"
"Schicofske is the best FB behind Lockyer"
"McLinden is the best short kicker"
"Wiki is the best forward"
"Phil 'first division' Graham is the next superstar"
"Same for Campese and Gafa"
"Woolford is the best captain and the most underated hooker"
"Mono's should play for NSW and Australia"
"Davico and O'Hara should be playing for Australia"

Back to the question, it's a no brainer. Brent Sherwin by miles.

umm ok how about this..lol

you watch a raiders game..and look for them guys...
Ruben Wiki isnt captain of the NZ side for nothing..the man destroys players wether it be in attack or defense..

when phil graham first appeard he was a try scoring machine...heck ask brett finch ;) the guy flew out of no where and scored tries out of nothing..

davico and o'hara have played rep footy before...also you notice how the raiders game plan revolves around the forward pack..also they play a simple game where you just run it up...last year where did we finish? 4th right? lol umm so what does that tell you? cause it tells me we dominated almost every team with our forwards..

Schif is great but so far he hasnt been that great..dont get me wrong id rather schif back there over any other FB in the league..

lol when was the last time u heard of Woolford be in the running for SOO? he plays with alot of passion and does a hell of alot sure enough may not be as great as buderus but still his up there in the top 5 yet no one says anything other then that his annoying...

Dogaholic

First Grade
Was left out by mistake. If i was able to edit my original post which includes the poll, I would.

Iafeta

Referee
The Warriors and Bulldogs had the most tries from short kicks I believe last season. Stacey Jones, ableit not currently in the best touch, usually is right near the top if not the top try assist layer on in the NRL most seasons, part of that is due to his short kicking game, the banana chip, the wide bomb, the grubber, granted biased as I may be, behind a forward pack rolling forward and fully able Stacey Jones is dynamite.

Raider_69

Post Whore
"We have the best forwrd pack" yea we do, simple

"Schicofske is the best FB behind Lockyer" 3rd behind Mini but you know

"McLinden is the best short kicker" maybe not the best but its pretty damn good

"Wiki is the best forward" name me someone better

"Phil 'first division' Graham is the next superstar" looking forward to seeing him return, he will bew a star

"Same for Campese and Gafa" maybe not gafa, he has left his run abit late but campo for sure

"Woolford is the best captain and the most underated hooker" He is a great captain and under-rated IMO but he isnt at the level of Buderus, Priddis and Wing

"Mono's should play for NSW and Australia" Not yet but give him time ;-)

"Davico and O'Hara should be playing for Australia" Honestly, yes i think they should be they should be, definatly shit all over Cinnamon dounut

Latest posts