What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Has To Go And Why

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'd keep Brooks and Bring in Soward.

Move Soward to 7 and allow Brooks to play his natural running game (his running game is far better than Moses')

I said earlier this year we should go for soward. I would cream myself if we got him. All he needs to do with us is kick. He won penrith the game v the roosters on his boot alone. Personally I'd pair him with Moses but could handle him with brooks too.

The added plus is he and Farah hate each other so hopefully itd make Robbie leave.

Tigerted

Juniors
Yep Vic what I'd do for a half decent kicking game.Of all our perpetual deficiencies @ this screwed up club the one that sticks in my craw the most is our long term substandard kicking game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We shoild have signed Kimmorley after Prince left and Soward after him

Tigerted

Juniors
Btw the mind boggles when halves & their deluded manager think they r worth 600-800k/annum & they have zero ability or intelligence re kicking.The irony is that Soward would come cheaper than the clowns representing us @ 6 & 7.

Tigerted

Juniors
Madunit I agree but kimmorley would've been a bad fit @ this dysfunctional club as he was a very good organiser with an excellent kicking game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not what they think they deserve.

Its what the market dictates will be their value.

Remember when Sandow asked for half a million. Everyone scoffed.

He got signed for it.

And there have been clubs interested in this pair and they know their value.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Madunit I agree but kimmorley would've been a bad fit @ this dysfunctional club as he was a very good organiser with an excellent kicking game.

Not at all. He would've been the same as Prince. Kimmorley spent a long time at the Sharks when they were just as dysfunctional (if not moreso at the time).

macnaz

Staff member
Yep Vic what I'd do for a half decent kicking game.Of all our perpetual deficiencies @ this screwed up club the one that sticks in my craw the most is our long term substandard kicking game.

Come on Ted , our midfield bombs are second to none ;) and mark my words ONEDAY something special will come off the back of one.

Tigerted

Juniors
He had a much better kicking game than Prince.Anyway it's all academic & we've just got to hope Pascoe & O'neill are savvy in there crucial decision making roles.

Look forward to seeing what team gets picked today.

The Rosco

Bench
Come on Ted , our midfield bombs are second to none ;) and mark my words ONEDAY something special will come off the back of one.

. .. . . . and when that day comes, I'll tell my grandkids that I knew the bloke that was smart enough to predict this.

I copied this from a souffs fan.
FFS, if even THEY can see it, how does our club miss it ?

Aside from Tedesco, the Tigers don't really have anyone we should be fearing. All this talk about Brooks and Moses being young guns is absolute nonsense. All we hear about them is that they are young and developing etc. They are now in their 3rd year of first grade and considering the average NRL career is 14 games, you'd be expecting them to start producing the goods by now if they are as talented as everyone says they are. I have only seen glimpses of brilliance from both of them occasionally but more often that not, their decision making and execution lets them down. Compounding this is the fact that they are two of the worst defenders I have ever seen in first grade! Gosh I would have to be the poor guys defending outside of them!

Last edited:

Tigerted

Juniors
That's extremely transparent to just about everyone with the exception of a minority including Taylor who c our 6 & 7 with rose coloured glasses.

There's obviously no need to fear our best 3/4 Simona as he plays outside of the dope brooks whose moronic passing makes Simona impotent in attack.

Souffs tip sheet will reinforce the obvious.Sam burgess & Inglis will be looking for our 6 & 7 @ every opportunity in attack.If souffs don't win this by 20+ it will b a shock.

While people may have a reason to take aim at both our halves one of the biggest dissappointment in our team is Sirro.He is now in his 5th season of fg and is yet to have a standout game or season for that matter in the forwards,how much longer can we persist with this dud,no other player in the clubs history has been afforded the same amount of time to establish a career in fg that this lemon has been given,it's a perfect example of a good junior footballer not living up to the hype and potential bestowed upon him once entering fg.Brookes and Moses may or may not follow the same path,time and performances will tell sooner rather than later i hope.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The big problem is the game plan.

We all know that Taylor, and to a lesser extent Potter, wanted Farah to hand over playmaking duties to the halves, which he has done. Our halves touch the ball now far more than they ever have before. So we can see from that, that Farah is doing as directed. Thus, this part of Taylor's game plan is working as he wants it to.

Given our halves are natural runners of the ball, you would think with all the extra opportunities they'd get from all the extra ball they get, that they'd be doing a good amount of taking the line on. But this is not the case. As I stated in another thread, our halves have made less metres than all the other NRL sides halves and are only just second last for number of runs made.

Herein lies the problem.

If the halves are supposed to get more ball, are they supposed to play their natural (which they aren't) or are they being directed to do something else?

If it is something else, what is it? Well it appears to be palming the ball off to back rowers, who aren't offloading. Given that the ad lib style that our halves naturally play, you'd think promoting second phase play would be a priority. But that's not happening either.

Are we trying to use b to get quick play the balls and make metres up the middle then?

And the answer is yes.

We have a small pack. So why is Taylor still persisting with trying to make us play a power game without power players?

His style has crippled Farah's attacking skills, which many would suggest are better than nearly all hookers in the NRL when allowed to display them.

His game plan has also turned two ad lib, ball running players into nothing more than link passers.

His game plan does not and will never suit the skillsets of our 3 keys players who touch the ball the most, and that is where the huge issue lies.

A simple change of game plan would make a marked improvement to the side.

All of this stifling though is just part of Taylor's powerplay to get rid of Farah, but it hurt Brooks, Moses and the style will also mean Cherrington's style will not suit Taylor's game plan.

Taylor could be about set to ruin what should have been a dominating attacking spine.

And for what?

There's no attacking structure, and a whole year of working on the defensive structure has resulted in 6 straight losses and a 60 point drubbing.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah isn't being utilised effectively. Farah is best at creating chances around the ruck. You have to reign in his dud plays which typically have been hog plays but you want him to create something around the ruck.

I also think we need to get the forwards rolling forward but often that requires some skill again around the ruck or a little wider.

I think Taylor has to go. I just think he isn't coming up with decent game plans.

Maybe it will turn around this season. I want it too. The problem is I can't see it happening.

simmo05

Bench
The big problem is the game plan.

We all know that Taylor, and to a lesser extent Potter, wanted Farah to hand over playmaking duties to the halves, which he has done. Our halves touch the ball now far more than they ever have before. So we can see from that, that Farah is doing as directed. Thus, this part of Taylor's game plan is working as he wants it to.

Given our halves are natural runners of the ball, you would think with all the extra opportunities they'd get from all the extra ball they get, that they'd be doing a good amount of taking the line on. But this is not the case. As I stated in another thread, our halves have made less metres than all the other NRL sides halves and are only just second last for number of runs made.

Herein lies the problem.

If the halves are supposed to get more ball, are they supposed to play their natural (which they aren't) or are they being directed to do something else?

If it is something else, what is it? Well it appears to be palming the ball off to back rowers, who aren't offloading. Given that the ad lib style that our halves naturally play, you'd think promoting second phase play would be a priority. But that's not happening either.

Are we trying to use b to get quick play the balls and make metres up the middle then?

And the answer is yes.

We have a small pack. So why is Taylor still persisting with trying to make us play a power game without power players?

His style has crippled Farah's attacking skills, which many would suggest are better than nearly all hookers in the NRL when allowed to display them.

His game plan has also turned two ad lib, ball running players into nothing more than link passers.

His game plan does not and will never suit the skillsets of our 3 keys players who touch the ball the most, and that is where the huge issue lies.

A simple change of game plan would make a marked improvement to the side.

All of this stifling though is just part of Taylor's powerplay to get rid of Farah, but it hurt Brooks, Moses and the style will also mean Cherrington's style will not suit Taylor's game plan.

Taylor could be about set to ruin what should have been a dominating attacking spine.

And for what?

There's no attacking structure, and a whole year of working on the defensive structure has resulted in 6 straight losses and a 60 point drubbing.

Why are the fans the only one's that see this? The best thing that can happen to us is another 60 point pumping, force whoever is in charge to put a broom through the joint

Latest posts