What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best and worst league print journo?

Who is the worst league print journo out of this lot?

• Peter Frilingos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Mascord

• Paul Kent

• Roy Masters

• Brad Walter

• Dean Richie

• James Hooper

• Steve Ricketts

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
Southernsaint said:
Tamazoid said:
What do Rebecca Wilson and Danny Weidler have in common?

They write in their columns about each other, both are guilty of poor journalism, and their surnames both start with W! I think we should have a marriage! Rebecca Wilson-Weidler sounds good!

Best: Steve Mascord, Karl de Kroo
Worst: Roy "Dragons this, Dragons that" Masters, Goose Gould, Danny Weidler, Rebecca Wilson

Roy Masters broke the the biggest footy story since Super League - the league side of the whole "Oasis" story.

Masters didn't break that, two female non league journo's did.

ali

Bench
Best - Mascord, and I hope he gets to read this. Shout yourself a beer mate.

Worst - Weidler, the slime of Rl journalism. Second worst Wilson, but she's just a gossip columnist so it sort of to be expected. Don't like Masters either. Frillingos tends to balance out his bad RL pieces with plenty of good ones.

simon says

First Grade
Frillingoose is by far the worst.Never writes a positive spin on the footy,often gets it wrong,and is a toadying superleague biatch.

You should watch him on the back page......hopeless.

Anonymous

Juniors
Razor said:
Rebecca Wilson got into League journalism, by being the SL marketing manager. Prior to that she was the Channel 10 marketing manager (and didn't she do a great job at that)
Thanks Razor.
btw even though she's on The Fat I like the show a lot. It used to be a popular pastime in the LWOS Chat Room for everyone to go to caps and shout 'shut up!' every time she opened her big mouth. :lol:

She recently wrote a story about Saints players celebrating and getting tanked after they beat the Broncos. According to Rebecca, one player enjoyed the company of four women in one night... as if thats got anything to do with sport.

iggy plop

First Grade
Just heard that Wilson women on the Fat. She has no shame. She fully bagged league by criticising the atmosphere at the Roosters v Knights game and comparing it with the 'wonderful' atmosphere at Swans' matches this year. She virtually said AFL is taking over in Sydney while in the same breath proclaiming "I'm still a huge rugby league fan". Wilco pulled her up by saying the atmos at the Roosters' game may not have been as good because of the result and that league crowds were at a record high.

That women really shits me. She was brought up on league in Brisbane now finds every opportunity to bag in favour of the trendy games. Bandwagon if I've ever seen one.

Southernsaint

Staff member
El Duque said:
Southernsaint said:
Roy Masters broke the the biggest footy story since Super League - the league side of the whole "Oasis" story.

El Duque - please re-read my post...

After investigating the whole Oasis delevelopment, Kate McLymont passed all C*nterbury salaray cap information to Roy Masters, who broke the story, because as she said herself, she knows nothing of footy nor the hstory of the salary cap.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
Whenever she speaks, try yelling out a series of expletives... I find it helps a lot. :D

Oooooooooooooooooo...don't start me on her 8)

Cheers,
Moffo

Azkatro

First Grade
Chesterton is pretty bad, too. I like comparing Roy Masters' to Phil Gould, too - Masters writes well conceived and concise pieces, whereas Gould just goes off on long-winded spiels about whatever his agenda of the week is. Never shows any tact in what he writes, nor does he write well.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Moffo said:
Willow said:
Whenever she speaks, try yelling out a series of expletives... I find it helps a lot. :D

Oooooooooooooooooo...don't start me on her 8)

Cheers,
Moffo

People still watch The Fat?? :shock: :shock:

Cheers,
Ben S.

It can't be any worse than "Hey! Hey! It's Thursday Night" ;-)

And people are still watching that

El Diablo

Post Whore
Southernsaint said:
El Duque said:
Southernsaint said:

El Duque - please re-read my post...

After investigating the whole Oasis delevelopment, Kate McLymont passed all C*nterbury salaray cap information to Roy Masters, who broke the story, because as she said herself, she knows nothing of footy nor the hstory of the salary cap.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Roy Masters' name is not present on this story that exposed the cheating http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/16/1029114013522.html

Southernsaint

Staff member
El Duque said:
Roy Masters' name is not present on this story that exposed the cheating http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/16/1029114013522.html

This is from the same day:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/16/1029114015250.html

I am also going off Kate McClymont's appearance on The Footy Show where she basically said that whilst she was investigating the Oasis project she found the evidence of C*nterbury's cap cheating & passed it to Roy Masters, as McClymont confessed she knows very little about league.

Very small details, really.

Cheers,
Ben S.

skeepe

Immortal
After reading the rubbish put forth by Paul Kent in the last few days I'd have to nominate him and Frilingos in a tie for worst. The piece saying the Raiders are far from the real deal was bad enough, but today's piece on Francis Meli had me reaching for the bucket. It's as though Meli became God overnight and nobody except Kent knew about it.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Schif_Happens said:
Karl De Kroo no longer writes league stuff, he went from the Canberra times to somewhere in Mexico. We now have Chris Wilson, who has been doing a good job on the Raiders this year.

Good thing is we don't have to put up with Frilingoose and co down here, unless you choose to buy that rag. I still remember the reception Frilingoose got at the Dally M's fan part last year :D

deKroo writes RL down here in Melbourne.

El Diablo

Post Whore
UndertakerMike said:
El Duque said:
UndertakerMike said:

Best Karl DeKroo
Worst Ricky Stuart or Brian Smith
When did Smith and Stuart become print journos :?
Obviously you don't read the Australian.

Maybe you should get out more.

Writing a column every now and then doesn't make you a print journo :roll:

Oh, and if you think "getting out" is going and buying The Australian then I pity you.

Latest posts