What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your fullback for next year?

Dazzat

First Grade
There is only one reason the he will be moved to fullback by Henjak. and thats because he wants to fit Tim Smith into the halves. and thats it.

No ... it would also be a move that could theoretically lengthen his career .. or at least give him an increased chance of playing another two years.

Lycon79

Juniors
I think that is why thy are chasing Bird so they can move Lockyer to FB if this happens it would be a shame IMO cause I wanted to saee a couple of the young up and comers get a real go at FB not just the odd game in a depleted side through the rep period.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I think that is why thy are chasing Bird so they can move Lockyer to FB if this happens it would be a shame IMO cause I wanted to saee a couple of the young up and comers get a real go at FB not just the odd game in a depleted side through the rep period.

I doubt it. We have Smith and Henjak spoke quite highly of him in a vid i saw on foxsports.

bfoord

Juniors

Bird will play backrow if we sign him IMO

Dazzat

First Grade
Considering the club has halves the calibre of Lockyer, Wallace, Tim Smith and Ben Hunt, and props the calibre of Nick Kenny and then daylight ... any money spent on another half is like Eskimos investing in ice.

Dazzat

First Grade
I am so glad we haven't signed Bird. The club have an abundance of backrowers (experienced and promising rookies) and an array of experienced and upcoming halves and 5/8s.

Signing Bird would have been a massive kick in the guts for many up-and-comers at the clubs, and long term, a very bad move.

It's that factor that so many shallow minded individuals miss when it comes to signing big names. What message does it send to the up-and-comers in the team?

Ask Gold Coast AFL juniors how they feel about the club signing K.Hunt ... they feel betrayed and many are looking for a way out.

Big Pete

Referee
Well said Daz.

The Broncos are well versed in the backrow, the main priority for the club should be aquiring an experienced front row forward to help guide their youngsters.

Lycon79

Juniors
I agree totally but the question is which prop worth more than twobob are available ATM??? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Dazzat

First Grade
I agree totally but the question is which prop worth more than twobob are available ATM??? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Yes, there are none, but at least we'll have the funds available under the salary cap if one does become available (let's face it mid-season transfers are becoming more and more common).

If 2010 is a season of blooding young prop forwards ... so be it. There's no turning back now. But let's start looking for 2011. I don't know the contract details of such players as Keith Galloway, Luke Douglas or Aiden Tolman ... but I'm sure there will be some 25-26 year old props off contract at the end of 2010.

Timmah6991

Juniors
Yes, there are none, but at least we'll have the funds available under the salary cap if one does become available (let's face it mid-season transfers are becoming more and more common).

If 2010 is a season of blooding young prop forwards ... so be it. There's no turning back now. But let's start looking for 2011. I don't know the contract details of such players as Keith Galloway, Luke Douglas or Aiden Tolman ... but I'm sure there will be some 25-26 year old props off contract at the end of 2010.

If this is correct: http://dazrl.awardspace.info/2009_mov.htm

The only decent Props available are:

Jarrad Hickey
Michael Hodgson
Josh Perry
Aiden Tolman
Danny Wicks
Garrett Crossman
Michael Weyman
Lopini Paea

Not sure about Luke Douglas, but Keith Galloway comes off-contract 2011.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Hodgson, Weyman and Paea would be my pick out of that lot ... Tolman is still pretty young.

DeeJ

Bench
As if you wouldn't pick Tolman. He made his way into a Melbourne Storm starting side and they have props like White, Blair and Lima available.

neddy

Juniors
Josh Hoffman is the Number 1 choice but has not been training and wont be back training with broncs until janruary as he had been given time off due to personal reasons ....
hoffy is ahead of Denan Kemp Kemp who is in Fat Club at the broncos

also other options is Hodges to fullback and Gerard Beale which ivan will test these three in the trials

if your wondering how i know this its because my dad is a trainer at the broncos soi think some of these rumors are quite funny ....

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Josh Hoffman is the Number 1 choice but has not been training and wont be back training with broncs until janruary as he had been given time off due to personal reasons ....
hoffy is ahead of Denan Kemp Kemp who is in Fat Club at the broncos

also other options is Hodges to fullback and Gerard Beale which ivan will test these three in the trials

if your wondering how i know this its because my dad is a trainer at the broncos soi think some of these rumors are quite funny ....

Thats interesting news. Thanks for that bud.

Got any tips on our NYC/QLD cup forwards that are looking good. Like Lui, Hala, Williams, Lingwoodock etc.

beads6

First Grade
Hoffman won't cut the mustard I look forward to watching him get dropped...

Charlie124

First Grade

Why would you look forward to watching a young guy in a key position in your lineup fail?? Surely you'd just prefer to see him or whoever plays there do well...

Dazzat

First Grade

From what I hear Hoffman is an impressive young guy, and has the respect of the coaching staff and his peers ... I wish him all the best.

Seeing anything that resembles common sense when you're so one-eyed is near impossible ...

I'm amused that Denan Kemp is in the "fat club" ... been grazing in a good paddock in NZ heh?