What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who like rap?

Anonymous

Juniors
Who's feeling Twista right now?? And his Kanye West beats as well. How about "Selfish" by Slum Village (with Kanye West rapping, singing the chorus, and probably producing?)

Anonymous

Juniors
haha yeah. D12 is pretty gay. 40 Ounce is definitely wack, who could take that seriously?? Proof and Em are the only decent MCs and they are hampered by *meh* beats.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Morris Minor and the Majors.

It's all downhill from there.

Hehe, Morris Minor & The Majors:

"I was born in a town in the great UK,
From a baby to a boy to a man today,
I'm a musical man, a man of verse,
But I've got a little problem & it's getting worse"

The pathetic thing is that I actually remembered that, it's not from Google.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Not a great fan of rap, per se, but I do like The Herd & Two Up.

The Beastie Boys used to be good before they turned into pretentious whining "spiritualists...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Kakihara

Juniors
I like rap

Fav artist are

Dmx
Westside Connection
Ice Cube
Nas
2 Pac

Used to be a Huge Cypress Hill fan as well.

Godz Illa

Coach
Hip hop began as a culture held up by four pillars: DJing, MCing, breakdancing and graffiti. These days, it's simply recognised as a music genre. Hip hop borrows from different traditions: African-American blues and story telling, Jamaican toasting, electro funk and disco boogie. Today, hip hop dominates global pop culture.

I was also once cynical of the hip hop scene, until my high school music teacher gave me two tapes to check out. Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back and De La Soul's 3 Feet High And Rising. Two brilliant and completely different examples of hip hop at its best. I have been a convert ever since. De La and PE are still up with my faves, joined by the great Outkast, NERD (loosely described as hip hop), Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Eminem, Jurassic 5, The Roots and newcomers Automato.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Evilgrowler said:
OK Frank. I'll download PE and give it a try.
:shock: :? bullshit you will. your music library doesnt even attempt to go outside of the rock and roll realam and its stop date is probably 1990 :lol:
i tried to expand EGs musical horizons once and sent him some rancid.... he didnt like it to say the least.

back to rap - i got into it in like year 10 at high school in 2000 because it was the new big thing but then i quickly realised that it was shhhhhhIT! worst crap ever! has anyone ever noticed that all of eminems "songs" sound like the ringtones on the mobiles? complete and utter shit. the lyrics are embarrassing and juvenile. ive always preferred songs with feeling and purpose. i will often listen to aussie hip hop groups like hilltop hoods and the herd for that reason but only if they are on JJJ while im listening.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
HUH!

Shows what you know FI.

No, I didn't like Rancid. So sue me.

Feeling and purpose? You get that from Rancid?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rap??...Rap reminds me of talking on the phone with the tv on in the background.

It's not music, no real skill involved.....anyone can talk quickly into a microphone.

The only rap artist i liked was Ice-T & RUN DMC, Ice- T atleast experimented with the guitar for a while & RUN DMC pretty made Rap the way it is, i thoughts anyway.

Anything without a guitar i don't like...although i do appreciate some dance.

incredible_holc

Juniors
i dont mind a bit of rap and i definately like it more than some genres like death metal, dance and all that crap.

I probably more into the old rap though and not the crap around today where its all the same.

2 groups i like:
NWA - my favourite with straight outta compton being my favourite rap song
Bone Thugs - they were just so smooth and great to listen to, listen to 'for the love of money'

tigerdude

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
tigerdude said:
im very hip hop orientated, i guess im not a fake coz i aint white, but anywayz i like

dj quik
dazzie dee
bone thugs/bizzy bone for sure
kanye west
twista
getting into DMC they cool
mario winans new cd is mad but thats rnb

then im really into the old skool beats from the 70s

zappppppp and roger troutman, old skool west coast boogie such as "more bounce to the ounce"
rick james the artist who started "superfreak"
and the whispers

that is the sh*t....

The most annoying thing about rappers is the way they speak and spell. This whole post from Tigerdude wouldn't suprise me if it is written in another language. I'll call it "Rappers Slang". Its Pathetic! :roll:

ok f**kwit, now its my turn to have a f**king go at you. I think its pathetic that you have a go at me for tlaking the way i do, has it ever occured to you that you talk like a yobo YOU pathetic prick. Dont have a go at people that talk the way they do because you dont like it, and also you listen to New Found Glory, which you probably listen to blink AFI etc.. all that punk shit, UM WHO THE f**k CAN UNDERSTAND A BUNCH OF f**kING DICKHEADS YELLING THEIR LUNGS OUT. Half the rap i listen to is poetry, it has meaning, not a bunch of people talking abouyt killing people, like eminem and they those fakes. Please respect other peoples taste in music and think before you write stuff....

PEACE OUT oh wait thats too black for you... DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU IM AFRICAN

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Ratt is meaningfull.....to me anyway & millions of other people in America & Japan :D
If we're going to pick on genres, wtf is with hair bands and their hairspray and makeup thing? I mean the music is supposedly pretty macho stuff about banging chicks and partying and rock 'n roll, but the bands themselves look like a bunch of transvestites! Isn't it well, really gay?

ThrashViking

Juniors
If youve seen a picture of Nitro's singer it's really, really homoerotic. Even more homoerotic than god almighty ManOwar!
I dont think it's any worse than the Black Metal/Corpsepaint image.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i do enjoy rap music
but im picky about it

2-Pac is alright
Bone Thugs N Harmony kick arse
DMX is good
Old school Master P and No Limit Soldiers are pretty good too
Dont mind some Eminem but not all

Latest posts