What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who needs to go?

Moffo

Referee
Make no mistake, our team is still struggling. Don't let last Friday pull the wool over your eyes. We have some passengers out there and i'd personally be looking very closely at tossing the following:

Tonga
Utai
Roberts

I know people won't agree with me but these guys are going to cost us a sh*t load of points if they still in the team. Too many liabilities. Time to bring up some kids

Rutager

Juniors
Moffo said:
Make no mistake, our team is still struggling. Don't let last Friday pull the wool over your eyes. We have some passengers out there and i'd personally be looking very closely at tossing the following:

Tonga
Utai
Roberts

I know people won't agree with me but these guys are going to cost us a sh*t load of points if they still in the team. Too many liabilities. Time to bring up some kids

How about Holdsworth ( who looks like he is still suffering second year syndrome )and Maitua ( Who is just waiting to sign with Souths ).

Tonga and Roberts showed improvement so I would not punt them.

Cleal is better from the bench. Koups and SBW should be back soon. Front Row will be tough to pick with Armit, Cleal, Hickey, Williams, Leano and Tsoulos in the mix.

Utai I will agree with, but he may be out for a few weeks with injury anyway.

If Groom is fit this week they should give him a run.

Moffo

Referee
you need a bigger member :lol:

yeh im not convinced on roberts rutager. i think holdsworth has more potential

cheers

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
LMFAO! Mate, have you been to an optometrist lately? Roberts was damn near best on field on Friday and last Saturday. He has improved 110% from last year and was brilliant. Tonga was damn good as well.

Utai can go, he is sh*t. Could never defend but always had his gun attack - now he doesn't even have that. Holdsworth should move to starting hooker, Groom to half back and Hughes GONE.

Ridders

Coach
Roberts has talent as he showed on Friday and Holdsworth is playing out of position. Utai will find it hard to make it back into the side, dunno how Winitana would go on the wing. One things for sure, he kills Utai in the air. Tonga's not great but he's the best backline weapon we have.

To me our main problem is our fifth tackle options, our halves don't really have the ability to consistently come up with good options, especially in the oppositions 20. We were saved on Friday due to South's woeful second half.

PARANoIR

Bench
What the hell?! Roberts? Have you watched either of our games this year? They were just about Roberts best two games for us. He's improved no end.

I agree with Utai, he can go.

Tonga in the past two weeks has played better than he has in the last year or so.

Moffo

Referee
na don't like roberts. i have watched the game gents but im just not sold on him

ill bookmark this thread for a month or two down the track. I can understand why you don't agree with me at the moment

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Utai - should have never been re-signed. Copped a bagging from people I know for saying it last season, but they are all coming around now.

Roberts - not sold either way, he has been improving - but with roberts it can disappear as easily as it came. Perhaps if he had someone better than DJ alongside him - he will get even better.

Which brings me to DJ - I have tried not to bag the bloke but really that game against souths was just pathetic. Countless errors in the first half.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
lol. Are people mentally geniused? Ben Roberts has been close to the best on field for the 'Dogs in round 1 and 2 yet people are still calling for his head. ffs

PARANoIR

Bench
Roberts has definitely earned his place for the time being. Holdsworth on the other hand has done nothing in the first two games to suggest that he deserves to be there.

I'm more than willing to let him prove me wrong, so it's not a matter of eating my words a month or two down the track. I was a big supporter of Holdsworth in his first season, but ever since I went into bat for him, I even said he should be re-signed before the likes of Mason and El Masri but ever since he's gone downhill. WAY Downhill.

jimmythehand

Juniors
guys it's pretty obvious - both roberts and holdsworth have been inconsistent performers, that's why some people like them and some don't. Some times they're good, and sometimes they're woeful. Hopefully they can both start being good a bit more consistently, if not give them the punt and try someone else for a month.

Dogs Of War

Coach
jimmythehand said:
guys it's pretty obvious - both roberts and holdsworth have been inconsistent performers, that's why some people like them and some don't. Some times they're good, and sometimes they're woeful. Hopefully they can both start being good a bit more consistently, if not give them the punt and try someone else for a month.

Roberts seems to be finding his feet, do you remember when Sherwin first came to the top grade, he was so inconsitent it was not funny, how many people were calling for Hughes to be the halfback (Thankgod that didn't happen), but you could see the potential in Sherwin, he was willing to chance his arm, and with time he learnt when to do it, and when not to do it. Roberts should be given the chance to do the same, you can already see this year that he isn't trying to make a big play everytime he has the ball, which is a huge improvement on last season.

Abz

Juniors
Reni Maitua. I'm sick of him getting into trouble and bringing the clubs name down especially after all the chances he gets. He never learns.

Holdsworth. This guy can't play for peanuts. Multiple knock ons and forward passes against the Rabbitohs.

Give Utai a break, he's played half a dozen games in 2 seasons... if he doesn't get back to form by round 10, then give him the flick. He needs to get his fitness back.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Abz said:
Give Utai a break, he's played half a dozen games in 2 seasons... if he doesn't get back to form by round 10, then give him the flick. He needs to get his fitness back.

As long as you are happy for him to find it in reserve grade.

Abz

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
As long as you are happy for him to find it in reserve grade.
Well it looks like Steve Folkes made that decision for all of us for this weekend.

Hanscholo

Bench
Tonga is in great form? Im not sure short of scoring 4 100m trys what this guy needs to do to prove his worth to some Bulldogs supporters. I think he still one of the better centres in the game, and he is really getting that footwork back from his knee issues.

Rutager

Juniors
He is off to NQ now, playing for a contract is over so he can slip back into mediocre mode again.

Latest posts