What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who plays in/wins Grand Final?

Benny77

Juniors
I disagree....

SOuth dropped of because of their lead. If it had been closer early on, Souths would have kept at them all night.

You can hardly say souths can't be stopped. Roosters easily accounted for them last week and then did to them what souths did the manly on friday and took their foot of the pedal. Cowboys also easily accounted for souths in sydney a month ago. The winner will come from Roosters/Cowboys/Souths but I think the Roosters still got dis, last night was the loss that will spur them on

dice

Juniors
As I predicted, Moanly and Rorters gone in straight sets.

No one will beat Souths. That was a masterclass. Then a shut down and preserve. No injuries. No suspensions.

Next game will be the first time Souths have fielded a full strength side all year. Isn't that convenient?

Maguire has set plays on tap. He has been Foxing all year. You saw a glimpse of what this team has been holding back all year on Friday night. A glimpse of a devastating, unstoppable finals juggernaut.

They have the best forward pack and the best back line in the comp. Easily.

They have the best spine in the comp - Inglis, Keary, Reynolds and Luke. Young, skilful and hungry.

No other team is a chance. Melbourne or Panfers will be the grand final victims.

They also now have the rails run, a week off, and 2 home games to come.

It is all but over.

Then this forum will go into meltdown. Lofl.

Yes, Souths finals record impeccable, as is their recent form against Roosters and Cowboys... :sarcasm:

Admittedly, Manly struggling big time but now on easy side of draw. Roosters have key players coming back and can take care of the pretenders. Might be worth a few quid on another Manly vs Roosters grand final.

elyod138

Bench
Cowboys have dominated every remaining team at some stage of the year, apart from the Panthers.

If the Cowboys can stay mentally strong they can beat anyone, it seems they play their best in big games against strong teams.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yes, Souths finals record impeccable, as is their recent form against Roosters and Cowboys... :sarcasm:

Admittedly, Manly struggling big time but now on easy side of draw. Roosters have key players coming back and can take care of the pretenders. Might be worth a few quid on another Manly vs Roosters grand final.

Manly playing Storm isn't easy at all. If Storm get up today I will be tipping them to beat Manly.

Cowboys could knock off the Roosters. Thurston could put on a master class. If the Roosters can't improve their completion rate they will be in trouble.

Hargreaves could miss 1 week as well. I think he has carry over points.

dice

Juniors
Manly playing Storm isn't easy at all. If Storm get up today I will be tipping them to beat Manly.

Cowboys could knock off the Roosters. Thurston could put on a master class. If the Roosters can't improve their completion rate they will be in trouble.

Hargreaves could miss 1 week as well. I think he has carry over points.

All true. I was just pointing out how ridiculous slug's assessment is.

Souths are short-priced favourites at $2.75 implying a 65% chance that they will lose. That is how close the competition is. You need a bit of luck to win three games in a row against the best teams in the comp.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
All true. I was just pointing out how ridiculous slug's assessment is.

Souths are short-priced favourites at $2.75 implying a 65% chance that they will lose. That is how close the competition is. You need a bit of luck to win three games in a row against the best teams in the comp.

I agree. Slug is too over confident. I'm happy Souths are in another prelim but I am not getting ahead of myself.

Yeah I don't take notice that were favourites because this year the comp has been so crazy. You're right a bit of luck will be needed.

Benny77

Juniors
I think after last night it looks as though there's a bit of a curse on the favourites tag this year. If dogs beat manly that opens up a dogs vs panthers prelim, where neither of those teams were really in discussion about being final contenders for most of the year.

I think with friend and guerra back for the roosters and in sydney they will just be too strong for the cows, opening up a souths roosters prelim which you would think would draw 60 or 70 thousand. One would think if the NRL wants anything it'll be a prelim that will draw a crowd like that.

bor

Juniors
Roosters v Manly again would be good for the sheer butthurt it would cause

alien

Referee
my prediction:
rabbits vs panthers grandfinal and after the fulltime siren we will be hearing Glory Glory to South Sydney...

maple_69

Bench
Panthers Easts rematch is my pick. Dogs Panthers and Easts Souths would both be big prelim crowds. I'd say 110k total.