What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Taka at 5/8 ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kenny again ? Not after yesterday's out on the full job

Dargan ? he went ok for Wenty

Fog ? yeah, nah

Robbo injured

Moses ? looks like this aint gonna happen any day soon but we may go back to the negotiating table after Taka's knee injury.

Maybe its time to see if Dargan is up to it.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Eels site has French and Robbo out 'till round ten, so only need to replace Taka at 5/8 for one maybe two rounds.( If Gutho's going back to 5/8 once French is fit ), would seem to me best to slot Gutho back into 5/8 and maybe put Hoffman at fullback.

Less disruption moving forwards.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah, if we plan to move gutho back to #6 when Bevo comes back, then i think its the most NRL ready option now ... Hoff to #1 and Genkovic or someone to the wing

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm not sure if I'd go down this path but if we wanted to leave Guth at the back, where he has been on fire, Hoffman has played in the halves before. Not ideal but could be a stop gap solution.

Gronk

Staff member
Kenny Edwards happy to return to halves for Parramatta Eels

Parramatta second-rower Kenny Edwards has put his hand up to fill the empty No.6 jersey for the Eels next week amid the club's halves crisis.

Denied Mitchell Moses by the Wests Tigers for the rest of the season, the Eels were dealt another blow during their 18-12 win over Penrith on Saturday when makeshift five-eighth Brad Takairangi was taken from the field with a knee injury.

Parramatta made it back-to-back wins as they beat Penrith in the western Sydney derby.
His status was still unknown on Sunday morning, but there were concerns he could have damaged his posterior cruciate ligament - an injury usually resulting in about a month on the sidelines.

Takairangi's first-half injury pushed Edwards into the halves on his return from an NRL-imposed suspension and the 27-year-old is happy to return there next week.

"I'm comfortable and confident in whatever I do," Edwards said.

"That's the kind of person I am. I like to attack things at 100 per cent.

"And I'll do that if need be, I'll play five-eighth next week."

Complicating the matter further for Parramatta is the fact their first-choice No.6 for 2017, Clinton Gutherson, is currently filling in at fullback for the injured Bevan French.

French was not due to return from his knee injury until after the representative round in three weeks, but Eels coach Brad Arthur said he may return against North Queensland next week.

Winger Josh Hoffman also has experience at five-eighth, while the Eels have uncapped rookie Jamal Fogarty playing in reserve grade.

But Edwards has played alongside Corey Norman in the halves five times, and he is more than happy to recall his record there.

"It's nothing me and Normy haven't done before," he said.

"I think I won four from five games there last year. And the one we lost was against the premiers Cronulla."

Arthur also gave Edwards' the stamp of approval, despite the team falling away late after Norman set up one try and scored two earlier to build an 18-0 lead.

"I thought Kenny Edwards done a good job," Arthur said.

"The whole team performance in the second half in terms of controlling the game wasn't good enough."

AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lves-for-parramatta-eels-20170423-gvqids.html

eel01s

Bench
If no one returns from injury, I would put the Hoff to fullback, Gutho to 5/8 and blood a new winger. Hoff, like Gutho, was outstanding yesterday.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kenny Edwards happy to return to halves for Parramatta Eels

Parramatta second-rower Kenny Edwards has put his hand up to fill the empty No.6 jersey for the Eels next week amid the club's halves crisis.

Denied Mitchell Moses by the Wests Tigers for the rest of the season, the Eels were dealt another blow during their 18-12 win over Penrith on Saturday when makeshift five-eighth Brad Takairangi was taken from the field with a knee injury.

Parramatta made it back-to-back wins as they beat Penrith in the western Sydney derby.
His status was still unknown on Sunday morning, but there were concerns he could have damaged his posterior cruciate ligament - an injury usually resulting in about a month on the sidelines.

Takairangi's first-half injury pushed Edwards into the halves on his return from an NRL-imposed suspension and the 27-year-old is happy to return there next week.

"I'm comfortable and confident in whatever I do," Edwards said.

"That's the kind of person I am. I like to attack things at 100 per cent.

"And I'll do that if need be, I'll play five-eighth next week."

Complicating the matter further for Parramatta is the fact their first-choice No.6 for 2017, Clinton Gutherson, is currently filling in at fullback for the injured Bevan French.

French was not due to return from his knee injury until after the representative round in three weeks, but Eels coach Brad Arthur said he may return against North Queensland next week.

Winger Josh Hoffman also has experience at five-eighth, while the Eels have uncapped rookie Jamal Fogarty playing in reserve grade.

But Edwards has played alongside Corey Norman in the halves five times, and he is more than happy to recall his record there.

"It's nothing me and Normy haven't done before," he said.

"I think I won four from five games there last year. And the one we lost was against the premiers Cronulla."

Arthur also gave Edwards' the stamp of approval, despite the team falling away late after Norman set up one try and scored two earlier to build an 18-0 lead.

"I thought Kenny Edwards done a good job," Arthur said.

"The whole team performance in the second half in terms of controlling the game wasn't good enough."

AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lves-for-parramatta-eels-20170423-gvqids.html

I love that - "I think I won 4 from 5 there last year."

Lol it's a team game, Kenny!!!

He's such a great character!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gotta love the mad merkin, his attitude is infectious.

Everyone would of had sore backs from all his back slapping yesterday.