What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Should be the new member of continuous call team?

Who should get nod on call team

• Tommy Raudonikas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darryl Broham

• Scott Sattler

• Mario Fenech

• Mark Geyer

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
Whom do you think should join Hadleys call team to hopefully liven things up a bit. I've gone for Tommy. I've left out Greg Alexander, my initial choice, because of his 2 years left on 2ue. I also tried to put WHO CARES? as an option but it didnt take.

Who cares.

OVP

Coach
The Colonel said:
Brian Smith

Thats not such a bad suggestion. Brian Smith was involved in 2GB's team when they won the rights to call the games back in 2001. He did a rather good job imo, as did Darryl Brohman, Peter Wilkins, Blocker Roach etc. The following year, Roy Hardley moved across to 2GB and Blocker Roach was the only person he kept.

2GB were great in 2001 ... they called EVERY timeslot possible on Saturday nights (youd hear two, sometimes even three matches back to back) and did Sunday games superbly (without taking open-line calls when there was a blow-out scoreline, ala Roy Hardley :roll: )

Ubsy

Juniors
Brian smith for 2 reasons.
1. He gets on great with Hadley...
2. He should be available early in the year...

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
I wouldn't mind listening to any of the above mentioned but i just heard that big Darryl has got the job, which makes this thread.........CLOSED!

frank

Juniors
ivanahumpalot said:
Satts seems like a great bloke but you get the impression he would be bullied by Hadley, Roach and Bozo hence not always saying what he relly thinks in case he irks the boss.

Exactly.

They need someone to shout Hadley down when he's way off the mark, something Frilingos used to do well.
I'd be trying to poach Mark Braybrook from FoxSports. He doesn't mind saying what he thinks and he's very, very perceptive.
Then of course Fox would lose their best commentator and we'd have to suffer through Andy 'Reward Line' Raymond's innane horseshit every week.

*sigh*

Kris_man

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
as long as warren ryan stays at the ABC then thats all i will be listening to.

You need someone that is contoversial/knowledgable.
Warren Ryan is extremely knowledgable and doesnt mind giving it to players who make mistakes. Thankgod he is on the ABC

i agree, Warren Ryan is fantastic. i'll usually listen to the continuous call before games, and ABC during them.

ibeme

First Grade
I only listen to 2GB when the ABC aren't covering league, and the only if there's a breaking story happening etc.

Apart from commentary of the actual game, 2GB don't seem to cover anything remotely resembling rugby league discussion. It's all songs, and digs at people in the game, Ray standing on his soap box, and people calling up to piss in his pocket or get shouted down. Without Chippy, the remaining commentators are just 'yes' men for Hadley.

I'd much rather seem Moore take over. He talks football.

In the meantime, I'll stick to the ABC for genuine rugby league discussion.

ozzie

Bench
if I want comedy I will watch the comedy channel on Austar - otherwise go ABC . You can only listen to so many 10-4 big buddies without wanting to throw your radio

roosterboy60

Juniors
OVP said:
The Colonel said:
Brian Smith

Thats not such a bad suggestion. Brian Smith was involved in 2GB's team when they won the rights to call the games back in 2001. He did a rather good job imo, as did Darryl Brohman, Peter Wilkins, Blocker Roach etc. The following year, Roy Hardley moved across to 2GB and Blocker Roach was the only person he kept.

2GB were great in 2001 ... they called EVERY timeslot possible on Saturday nights (youd hear two, sometimes even three matches back to back) and did Sunday games superbly (without taking open-line calls when there was a blow-out scoreline, ala Roy Hardley :roll: )

I agree..2GB in 2001 were great..it's gone downhill from then bar Andrew Moore.

I have to correct you on one thing mate - Blocker was not apart of the 2GB team he was on 2UE with Ray Hadley and Co doing Talking League. John Gibbs was the one on 2GB with Wilko and Brohman. But how the Radio coverage has gone down hill since then.

Jimbo

Immortal
Tommy is already a member
Brohman is linked to the Footy Show, so I doubt Hadley would give him a run
Ditto with Mario
And Geyer is just a f*cking idiot

Satts has done a good job previously, so he gets my vote.

Mr Saab

Referee
Jimbo said:
Tommy is already a member
Brohman is linked to the Footy Show, so I doubt Hadley would give him a run
Ditto with Mario
And Geyer is just a f*cking idiot

Satts has done a good job previously, so he gets my vote.

satts is boring.
but i dont care, my radio will be stuck on 2BL during the league season.