What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will succeed Billy Slater as No. 1 full back?

Who will succeed Billy Slater as world's No 1 full back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you have video of his try-stopping ability

No. He was flawed as a defender when with Catalans. However after his move to WIgan he has bulked up and began defending quite well. Hopefully someone will make a video of his all round talents, covering his Wigan period, which will provide you with what you are looking for.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
It's pretty apparent from the start, that this thread was solely created in the hopes you would all join Albert in a circle jerk over the French kid... How people have missed this is astounding to me.

The_Shield

Juniors
As far as I’m concerned Morgan Escare won’t be considered among the top fullbacks unless he comes to the NRL and dominates. Remember Sam Tomkins was considered the Billy Slater of the Super League, then he came to the NRL and well everybody knows how he went

As far as I’m concerned Morgan Escare won’t be considered among the top fullbacks unless he comes to the NRL and dominates. Remember Sam Tomkins was considered the Billy Slater of the Super League, then he came to the NRL and well everybody knows how he went

You've seen the video of Morgan Escare. His kick and chase try against Wigan was reminiscent of Billy the Kid's try for Queensland against NSW. That is why he has picked up the moniker Morgan the Kid. I am looking forward to Morgan being signed by an NRL club. He is a gun.

Last edited:

The_Shield

Juniors
You've seen the video of Morgan Escare. His kick and chase try against Wigan was reminiscent of Billy the Kid's try for Queensland against NSW. That is why he has picked up the moniker Morgan the Kid. I am looking forward to Morgan being signed by an NRL club. He is a gun.
After reading up a little on this guy, I think you might be overstating his ability. Seems to me that his career started with a bang at Catalans but the last couple years really dropped off, he lost his spot at the Dragons and got a release to go play back up to Sam Tomkins at Wigan.

He’s also 26 and signed until 2020 so if he comes to the NRL he’ll likely be 29 or older.

He may be talented but he’s definitely not going to be top dog after Slater goes. I would rank him somewhere near the likes of maybe David Mead.

BennyV

Referee
After reading up a little on this guy, I think you might be overstating his ability. Seems to me that his career started with a bang at Catalans but the last couple years really dropped off, he lost his spot at the Dragons and got a release to go play back up to Sam Tomkins at Wigan.

He’s also 26 and signed until 2020 so if he comes to the NRL he’ll likely be 29 or older.

He may be talented but he’s definitely not going to be top dog after Slater goes. I would rank him somewhere near the likes of maybe David Mead.
So, in the top echelons of fullbacks to ever play the game?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So the bloke who most recently played fullback for Australia with Billy rested is not even on the list, but some random French guy is.

Typical bullshit from the OP.

Someguy

First Grade
So the bloke who most recently played fullback for Australia with Billy rested is not even on the list, but some random French guy is.

Typical bullshit from the OP.

That guy was just a winger filling in at the fullback position

Latest posts