What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's goal kicker?

Simon

Juniors
I saw Milne kick a few times for Illawarra last year. I'd say him or Lafai.

I'd expect Field to take over if and when he's on the field.

getsmarty

Immortal
Lafai likely to have kicking duties in Sharks clash

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

10 May 2017, 10:31 a.m.
r0_208_4063_2501_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Tim Lafai will likely have goal-kicking duties against Cronulla on Friday

IT seems Tim Lafai will need to see off some unlikely challengers to secure goal-kicking duties against Cronulla this week.

With Gareth Widdop and Josh Dugan both out with injury Lafai is the man most likely to assume kicking duties. Lafai’s last NRL goal came in against the Knights in round 25, 2015. He struck the ball well at training on Tuesday but he only had his tongue slightly in his cheek when he named the other contenders.

“I think Leeson [Ah Mau] and Russ [Russell Packer], so there’s some tough contenders there,” Lafai joked.

“There’s about three of us going in for that kick-off so I guess whoever kicks best at the captain’s run will get the duty. It’s one of the most important roles in the game, winning a game by two points goes a long way so it’s something we’ll need to get right this week.”

Ah Mau, of course, has a 100 per cent strike rate in his career having knocked over his only career attempt in his 100th game for the club against the Tigers in round five.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...f-lafai-has-fight-for-kicking-duties/?cs=3713

Latest posts