What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's in line for the NSW Captaincy??

Scarves

Juniors
Origin is about leadership. Fittler, Daley, Mortimer were great leaders for great teams and any words written about the king Lewis wouldn't do his legendary leadership justice. We need a real leader this year or the alternative may be down the barrel of a gun holding the fifth series bullet.

watatank

Coach
Hayne should get it on default because he's the only one who is guaranteed to have a spot beyond 2010.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
gallen.jpg

GB!

Juniors
jamie lyon

and yes he will play for NSW this year, put your house on it;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a pity that Nathan Hindmarsh chose to step down from rep footy. IMO he should have been among the first picked and given the (c) next to his name last year. If he was available this year he would easily be the best candidate for the job.

Since he isn't though, I would use some bias and go with Luke Lewis. He has really stepped his game up to another level in the past 2 seasons and just seems to be built for rep footy. At the very least he would be better then Gidley or Gallen. I see him as the captain of Panthers once Petero leaves.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It worries me that Barrett might well get it. I hope not selected, but if he is picked I reckon he would get it.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Gallen, FMD... Need someone calm under pressure, not someone who will eye gouge the ref after a series of calls going against him.

Moron selectors will still pick Kidley at fullback and give him the C

Not even Hagans coaching will be enough to avoid defeat if this crap continues.

petetheileet

First Grade
I dont even want to think about it, its embarrassing!

We will have no core leadership group because the selectors have f**ked around so much in the last 5 years and held on to Buderus too long to start a new one!

Here is a question...

Instead of changing selections every f**king game and over the last 4 years we stuck with what was legitimately the best side, what would that team look like today???

Talanexor

Juniors
Bailey +1

He's experienced, he's old enough to remember winning a few Origins, and he's actually a good leader.

If you pick Gidley as captain, then you need to pick him. Which is a bad decision.

If you pick Gallen, he'll explode and rant and rave and get sent off - hardly leadership material.

It would affect Kimmorley's game too much if you gave it to him IMO. The bloke tries too hard sometimes, and the captaincy would only exacerbate this.

Barret should not be picked.

Latest posts