What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos on the wing next year?

L

legend

With the confirmed departure of the Volcano, who will take over in his spot? Will it be the terrible Greg Wolffgram, Darren Albert or maybe even Matt Sing? Any thoughts from the raiders fans or any league fans would be appreciated.

Cheers.

E

Edwahu

I cant see us signing Sing or Albert and the club has said in the Canberra timesthat they are not going to be chasing any name players for next year. They might sign someone like Gavin Lester who hasnt played much first grade lateley.
So I guess at the moment that leaves Manuel on one wing and some neville on the other.

If Nagas stays he would probably get a run somewhere in the threequarters and the clubseems to think Faumuina and Lolesi have talent so we will probably see a three quarter line simmilar to Manuel, Lolesi, Faumuina, Nagas at some stage.
After that we have guys like Woolfgram and S.Kelly (at least he is ok)in reserve.

Bloody hell, we are in trouble.
I am really hoping Joel Monoghan and this new youngsterMichael Robertson kick on because at the moment we have nothing.

L

legend

I think Lester would definitely prove to be a worthwhile signing. Shane Elford would be another and I still havent heard anything about the future of Russell Richardson. There are quality players out there and most clubs seem to have completed their shopping spree. If the club has decided to sit back and wait until the dust settles to pick up a few players cheaply then I am prepared to give the club some time.

E

Edwahu

The latest news from the Canberra times is that we are chasing a strike center. Supposedly this strike center is Owen Craigie. I hope its on a incentive based contract.

L

legend

Surely not Ed. Who is in charge of player recruitment for the Raiders? Mr magoo. I don't want that bloke and all his baggage. You'll be lucky if you get half a game a year out of him. He has shown time and time again that he has no discipline and is a fat slob. Why didn't we go after Joel Caine? He would have been o.k. There are so many other prospects to look at before spending a cent on another bargain basement player like Craigie. You made me cringe when I read that Ed.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
Our wingers seem to be getting worse and worse. If Joel Monoghan can play to first grade standard next year, he should partner Faumuina. This would leave Manuel and Lolesi as the wingers.

If we had to buy anyone, i would buy Russell Richardson but apparently his contract runs out at the end of next year.

L

legend

Something needs to be done. If all the fans can see it surely management must be awarewe have a problem with the outside backs. Is that too naive of me to think that?

E

Edwahu

I was pretty happy whenI read elsewhere that the club was chasing Justin Hodges as he at least has some abillity.
Then Gould said that the Roosters were after him, so I have given up hope.

Latest posts