What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the bigger out of....?

IanG

Coach
Who's does everyone think is the bigger out of....?

The Big Show and Andre The Giant.

My guess is it would be Andre but not by a lot.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Andre was heavier, he was much bigger around the waist (if that's possible :shock: ). But the way Big Show is built (bigger around the chest), he could probably become heavier if he let himself go.

Azkatro

First Grade
Andre had way bigger hands and a bigger head. He was more than just big; he was a freak. Big Show is just big.

Azkatro

First Grade
Some quotes from Hulk Hogan's book:

"Andre was billed as seven feet four and more than five hundred pounds. His hands were immense and his feet were size twenty-eights, the biggest feet I've ever seen. And I've got a huge head, but Andre's was about three times the size of mine."

"It was difficult for him to sleep because he was too big for even a king-sized bed. He'd be miserable in it."

"One thing that always amazed me was how much food Andre could put away. He was French-Canadian - he had been born in France - so his favorite food was French food, and his favorite restaurant was a place in Beverly Hills where he knew the owners.
"I hated French food, but I would sit there with Andre. And he wouldn't eat just one or two dinners. He would eat every goddamn thing on the menu. Everything. I'm talking about every dish they served. So instead of eating for an hour like most people, we would sit in that restaurant eight or ten hours. That's how long he would take to finish a meal."

"Another time, Andre came to Tampa and called me from the airport. 'Hey boss,' he said, 'I'm here for about an hour.'
"I was at my mother's house, which is only about five minutes from the airport, so I raced there and sat down with Andre in the Crown Room at Delta. In fifty minutes I saw him drink a hundred and eight beers. A hundred and eight twelve-ounce beers, brother. It was just unbelievable."

"I remember one day in particular when he called me in my room and he was laughing like hell. 'Come here, boss,' he told me. So I went down the hall to Andre's room and I could hear his booming laugh all the way at the other end of the hallway.
"The closer I got, the more clearly I could hear him laughing - and the more I could smell what he had done. Damn, I thought. Then I walked into his room and saw that he had taken the morning newspaper and spread it all over his bed. And since he couldn't fit on the toilet in that place and his ass was too big to hang over the tub, he just took a huge dump on the bed. It looked like a three-foot pile of horse manure.
"And Andre was laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. He thought it was just hilarious. That was Andre being playful."

He writes the following about Paul Wight (aka Big Show):

"So I brought Paul Wight with me to the next place WCW was doing a show and I introduced him to everybody. He had the big Andre the Giant-type hands, the big fat sausage fingers, and the real big body. But he wasn't proportioned the way Andre was. He didn't have the twenty-eight-inch feet, he had normal size-sixteen feet."

And a few parting words about Andre:

"Andre had a condition called acromegaly. It was a pituitary problem. That was why he was such a huge person, and why his hands and feet and head were so big in proportion to the rest of his body.
"After I pinned him in the Silverdome, he needed back surgery again. Then it was just a steady downhill roll for him over a period of several years.
"I remember in the early nineties Andre wore those crutches that clip onto your forearms. He was walking with them and it just about broke my heart, because he was in pain and just drenched with sweat, covered from head to toe with it.
"The worse he got, the more he drank. You could tell because he smelled of alcohol and he was always unhappy when you talked to him. He was in a lot of pain. There was just nowhere the guy could be comfortable, especially now that he was crippled and hurt. His life was just miserable.
"Finally, he passed away in January of 1993. The wrestling world lost a titan, a guy that will never be replaced. I lost a friend."

So there you go. What Terry Bollea might say if he contributed to this thread :D