What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we so accepting of NRL corruption

TheDMC

Bench
NRL refs simply aren’t very good. Wonder how much they get paid? Get what you pay for...

Iafeta

Referee
They’re highly incompetent. If you see the names G Reynolds, B Cummins, A Klown on the program you can be sure there’ll be a dubious call or two against us. Klown is possibly the most bemusingly incompetent buffoon I’ve ever had the priveledge to shout vociferously at.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I actually do think we have a remarkably placid attitude towards getting stitched up which sticks out like a sore thumb at LU because it feels like 90% of this forum consists of whinging about refs and conspiracy theorising.

Probably too hard to convey the layers of irony I was going for in a drunken ramble though.

TheDMC

Bench
I actually do think we have a remarkably placid attitude towards getting stitched up which sticks out like a sore thumb at LU because it feels like 90% of this forum consists of whinging about refs and conspiracy theorising.

Probably too hard to convey the layers of irony I was going for in a drunken ramble though.

Absolutely no point in getting worked up about every little decision that you don't agree with or that goes against you. Sure I've lost my rag a few times, but I'm not sure how people can enjoy RL if they spend their whole time losing their shit over refs (game day threads are quite amusing in this regard tho).

And every supporter can't help but be bias as f**k.

The lesson here is definitely don't post (or ring people) when you are wasted.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Haha I work with Steve Lyons, I’ll ask him if there is a conspiracy against the Warriors next time I’m on shift with him

Iafeta

Referee
He’d be one who could tell you. Except I wouldn’t trust him. Tedro loved nothing more than to blow a bollocks penalty.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He’d be one who could tell you. Except I wouldn’t trust him. Tedro loved nothing more than to blow a bollocks penalty.

Haha Teddy’s actually a good bloke. He runs the social club and tipping comp at work, his avatar in the tipping comp is the photo of him giving Petro his marching orders!

spear tackle

Juniors
Its a bit of a stock standard excuse for loosing a game really played poorly or didn't follow the coaches instruction it must be the refs fault.
I saw a post on another teams FB page that we were helped by a ref because he was an ex-Warrior, it was pointed out that after playing for the Warriors he went on to play more games than us for for the side we had defeated.
Its almost a Phil Twyford excuse blame everyone/thing else except yourself and refs are an easy target.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This thread has sort of proved my point innit

We fall over ourselves to not blame the refs while the rest of the forum is basically a cesspool of ref-blaming

It’s admirable, I guess

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Well threads like these are what forums are for. We need the refs for our game and like all of us, they too make mistakes and we cant do anything about those mistakes but share our frustrations right here on a forum :)

Theres no rule saying 'you cant diss or discuss the refs' so threads like these is completely valid. You just need to look at the numbers who have viewed it to see the interest behind it, even if the title isn't clear about the topic.

spear tackle

Juniors
True. I thought Perenara was the only ref in the NRL that use to play first grade.

I wonder which ref that dude was talking about.

It was Perenara, who had actually played more games for the side he was supporting it was either St George or the Tigers , I cant quite remember which one now, but his winge was blown out of the water by me and several supporters of the other team.

spear tackle

Juniors
This thread has sort of proved my point innit

We fall over ourselves to not blame the refs while the rest of the forum is basically a cesspool of ref-blaming

It’s admirable, I guess

I'm not sure about that, reading other forums yes you do get the odd ref blamer but you see that everywhere and its a lot less prominent as it was a few years back.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
It was Perenara, who had actually played more games for the side he was supporting it was either St George or the Tigers , I cant quite remember which one now, but his winge was blown out of the water by me and several supporters of the other team.
Oh was it. I didnt think it was Perenara because according to wikipedia, hes only played 3 games for us. Perenaras played more games for other teams.

There is a bit of Perenara hate but I dont think hes too bad a ref.

spear tackle

Juniors
Oh was it. I didnt think it was Perenara because according to wikipedia, hes only played 3 games for us. Perenaras played more games for other teams.

There is a bit of Perenara hate but I dont think hes too bad a ref.

And you would be right with the three games for the Warriors, but because it was his first club people think he's on our side ie bias but he puts the boot into anybody who doesn't play by the rules to be fair.