What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does your team suck in 2017?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It's a bit tough to answer this thread properly as a Broncs fan. I guess despite our win over them, Melbourne are still a hoodoo side for us. That needs to change. The rivalry with the Cows will always be tight, but otherwise....

This is what brisbane fans believe

Your halves are inconsistent to the point people called for hunt to be dropped. Your forward pack isnt great and your attack is the worst in the top 5

The raiders our defence is the worst in the top 5, we dont miss a lot of tackles relatively but we do make a lot of bad decisions on the fringes, we can play a bit silly in big matches but i hope playing at least 2 weeks of final footy gets it out there system next year.

Last Week

Bench
Despite the proceeding 6 miserable seasons, why Parramatta have sucked this year;

*Incompetent board and admin.
*We got caught for cheating the salary cap.
*Keiren Foran had time off.
*One of our highest paid players, Watmough, didn't play all year.
*We had to let Nathan Peats go.
*We had to let Junior Paulo go.
*Corey Norman hangs out with grubs and criminals.
*Corey Norman gets caught with drugs.
*We got stripped of 12 competition points.
*Our 9's title gets stripped off us.
*Our board takes the NRL to the supreme court.
*Semi Radradra left the country and then got injured for a while.
*Corey Norman had sex.
*Keiren Foran leaves Rugby League for... reasons...
*Our board is sacked by the NSW government and an administrator is put in place.
*Corey Norman is suspended for the last 8 rounds of the competition.
*We miss out on signing Jarryd Hayne despite paying him whilst he was out of the game and him telling us if he ever returned, it would be to us.

Anything I've missed?

And despite it all, our team isn't giving up on the field, Brad Arthur is phenomenal and our fans have still been turning up in good numbers despite the last 7 seasons.

Edit: Just realised the title said 2016. What ever. Was good to vent!

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Is this a bit of a rip off from Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks? If so i wholeheartedly endorse this.

f**k Todd Carney with a giant bubbler

Jason Maher

Immortal
Because we're a shit team with a shit coach, a shit hooker, and shit halves. None of that appears likely to change. Sure, we're getting rid of Rein and Benji. And replacing them with... ? And we'll still have f**king Mary.

BM1979

Juniors
We have 2 front rowers who want to touch the ball on every single tackle and a pair of halves who in reality are both running five eighths who do not have half a kicking game between them.

MacDougall

First Grade
Because our best player keeps getting hurt, we have no hooker because our coach doesn't like our rep hooker and plays him in NSW cup. But really it's all because Tim Sheens and Grant Mayer made a mess of all our contracts. Also because we have shit facilities.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Because we sucked in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm no mathematical genius but I sense a pattern of consecutive suckings that is likely to continue in 2017.

Lambretta

First Grade
Back in 1995 I was trying to decide who to support and my brother in law (born and bred Eastern Suburbs and who supports Parramatta, no Newcastle, no St George.....) said "Easts are shit". That was enough for me - I committed on the spot. After all, when you've stood on the terraces at Leyton Orient you know what shit is. Hell, having watched Leyton Orient away at Mansfield (nil all draw, but it felt like a win cos they got a point) you live and breathe mediocrity. You welcome it, you name your children after it. It's in the blood.

So Easts it was.

Now I know since then there have been 6 Grand Finals and 2 Permierships, but I see those as merely blips on the radar - distractions from our true worthlessness as bottom dwellers and embracers of averageness.

2009 and 2016 are where our spiritual heartless lies and everyone knows it. Why else do we not have any supporters? Oh people talk about us being in Rugby Union, Soccer and AFL territory; or Rugby League being a working mans sport and the Eastern Suburbs is a land filled with toffee nosed effete arseholes looking for an opportunity to put the working man down. But we all know the real truth is that Easts are a bunch of namby pamby losers and other than Nathan Hindmarsh, nobody loves a loser. Especially not ones whose emblem is a chicken and who refer to themselves as Cocks.

We have a real grasp on what it takes to turn success around and show it the door too

3 Minor Premierships in a row? No, no, no. This is not the Easts we need. We need to get rid of the most talented five eighth the club has had since Fittler and farm him out to Hobbit land and make sure the door hits his arse on the way out.

Fast centres? Not round here pal. Jennings, you can take that speed of yours and go West. What we need is to find someone slow and dopey to replace you. If he gets injured, don't replace him with someone suited to the Centres. Take someone out of the back row and put him out there thereby weakening both positions in one fell swoop. That'll ensure us a loss or two more.

Our next idea is to make sure a raw kid full of talent plays almost an entire season obviously out of his depth, then once he's gained a World of experience, sign an old has been to replace him and stick him on the wing and make sure the ball never gets out to him. In the meantime, get one of your guns firing at full back, so the signing of the old has been is a genuine waste of salary cap.

Next start developing a decent five eighth again and then sign a hack from the toothless mob so we can spend three quarters of next year umming and ahhing about who can be the biggest on field failure. Swap them both in and out - blaming them both for any failures and then look to sign someone else. Rinse and repeat.

There are loads of reasons to be looking forward to next season. Most of them by fans of opposition teams who enjoy watching us slit our own throats.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of "I got drunk in the off-season, brought the game into disrepute and am spending 8 weeks on the side-lines". I wonder who it'll be?

It doesn't really matter - because whenever we do get on the field, the video referee will come up with an excuse as to why our tries do not count.