What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY it all went horribly wrong for FIFA!!!

Now a lot of people have been talking about teh big shocks in this year's World Cup and how people have lost interest in it due to the so called 'big teams' flopping in the opening stages.

But this is not just down to the countries involved under performing this is all because FIFA got a little bit carried away and organised the World Cup in a way that it would generate an enormous amount of interest around the globe than ever before but of course, they banked on the big nations performing well and it all went terribly wrong for them, it backfired on them and Sebb? Blatter is gutted but tries to hide it all away.

Now, this is why.

FIFA seeded certain teams for different reasons and set out the tournament in a particular way, now, you may be thinking, what the hell is this guy talking about but you will soon find out and realise what I mean.

FIFA organised the World Cup in the way that they did in all the draw and everything so there would be a guaranteed four particular teams in the Semi Finals:
those were:
Argentina versus France in one side and Italy versus Spain in the other side of teh draw but obviously they were banking on big performance's by those big four superpowers of Football but of course it all went so awfully wrong for them.

Many of the lower nations were better prepared, more enthusiastic and hungrier than the superstars.

France were knocked out in the Group Stage finishing bottom of their group not winning a match and even worse not scoring a single goal. That's mad considering they had one of the world's most attractive looking attacks, atleast the best around in Europe.

Argentina, although they played very well in their three matches failed to convert their MANY chance's to score goals. On paper they were very good and their qualification record coming into the tournament was second to none. But again, they didn't take their opportunities to score more goals. No wonder when they had HAS BIN Gabriel Batistuta in their strikeforce, he should have been on the bench, or not there at all nevermind in the starting line-ups. He did score past Nigeria though. It was nice seeing him cry near the end though although I did feel a bit sorry for him in a way, NOT.

Oh, and then it was the Italians turn to flop out of the tournament - YES! They came into the event as strong favourites to get to te equarter finals atleast, the players and fans back home were as confident and coky as always but I guess they aren't as good as they seem to think they are, getting knocked out of the Second Round by South Korea, the co-host nation in Golden Goal extra time 2-1. Hwang?, the goalscorer for the Red Devils' of Corea (their spelling not mine) was sacked by his Italian club Perugia then reinstated when they realised of his value even though he apparently ruined Italian Football - HAHA, in your faces! Anyway, they would have played Spain or Republic of Ireland if they had won, in the quarters but if Italy had not drawn against Mexico 1-1, they would have gone to op their group, faced USA in the 2nd Round, Germany in the Quarters and then Spain in the Semis. Oh deary me.

Oh, the there was Spain who performed well against no hopers in their group, then faced the good old Irish lads in the 2nd stage, they luckily flukily won on penalties and although playing very well against South Korea in the quarters and getting two perfect goals disallowed they lost on pens and by bye the big guns.

Because of these small unknown Soccer nations doing so well, FIFA wanted the 'old' superpowers of the World Cup such as England (so called hopefulls), Germany (apparently no hopers) and Brazil (the greats which before the cup lacked flair etc) to run the show but none did, bar Brazil, - Turkey and Senegeal played some great stuff while possible dark horses such as Sweden, Portugal and Cameroon were left beefing.

SO, DO U AGREE WITH ME? DID FIFA PLAN OUT FOR THESE FOUR NATIONS IN THE SEMIS WITH A FEW TRICKS HERE AND THERE IN THE BACKROOM OFFICES?

I RECKON THEY DID, I MEAN, WHY WERE TEAMS SUCH AS ENGLAND NOT SEEDED?

THEY SAID IT WENT ON WORLD CUP HISTORY BUT FRANCE NEVER DID MUCH IN THE WORLD CUP UNTIL THE 98 ONE (ALTHOUGH THEY DID WIN IT). IT'S DUMB. HOST NATIONS WERE SEEDED TOO. IF YA DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GETTING AT THEN ASK ME.

But it was blatantly obvious they were wanting Argentina, France, Italy and Spain to allfeature in the semi finals stage.#

rj.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Regardless.....apart from the pathetic ticket debarcle throughout the event, the tournament was truelya <u>great </u>success. I think that seems to be the overwhelming feeling in the large globalsoccer circle, and I agree whole heartedly.

"FIFA seeded certain teams for different reasons and set out the tournament in a particular way, now, you may be thinking, what the hell is this guy talking about but you will soon find out and realise what I mean."
Well, considering that thegroups and theteams were all drawn out of a hat well before the start of the competition, and hence the luck of the draw, I ceretainly<u>am </u>thinking to myself"what the hell is this guy talking about." That being the case mate, how on earth did FIFA seed "certain teams for different reasons and set out the tournament in a particular way."?
Also....
"FIFA organised the World Cup in the way that they did in all the draw and everything so there would be a guaranteed four particular teams in the Semi Finals."
Again mate, how is thisso if the draw was established by the <u>luck </u>of the draw well prior to the tournement?
I justdon't get it mate.
I've read your post over a few times RJ, and though you have put in an obvious effort at presenting your views and points across, I just can not see what they are mate. Sorry:)
Thank God it's Friday....
'fan-baller

ps: I may be wrong about the groups and teams drawn out of a hat, but I doubt that I am. I stand to be corrected if so.