What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why we don't win at home.

wibble

Bench
It was obvious after 5 minutes that we weren't really up for it.

Just like Dragons, Eels and Knights games.

Just like those games, we probably did enough to win, made enough metres with the forwards anyway, but didn't really look good.

Lucky for us, Eels were also not up for it, and Knights just not that good.

Unlucky for us, Dragons and Titans stuck to what they know, and played for 80.

We could easily have won or lost any of those games, with our hit and miss attitude.

Attitude wise we were much better in the first game against the Broncos, just terrible in execution.

And the Raiders, Panthers and Storm games we were good in attitude, still poor in execution.

It is a frustrating season. It will be nice when both the attitude and the execution are there.

McLovin

Staff member
While on the ground announcer, he needs to stop trying to get chants started...

"come on fans... sharkies... sharkies..." met with crickets...

It's amateurish

snout

First Grade
Tigs will probably beat us next week.

Thing is flanno will crack it soon.
He wont accept performances against teams like the knights and last night.
Start flogging them at training.

Get them on the sandhills after a loss to a team outside the 4.

A positive from last nite - we were absolutely diabolical and still almost won.
The tits are a good side and that side they fielded last night will push every side.

Ghost of Popper

Juniors
Despite the derogatory comment, my original opinion still stands. Our record to date: Home 1-3, Away 4-0. Even the one home win was a last gasp win against the team running last.
Sorta shows there's a problem with home games, doesn't it. It's definitely not football ability. I agree with Flanno; it's an attitude thing. So, why is our attitude diminished for home games? Is it due to overconfidence inspired by the home ground atmosphere? And who partially creates the home ground atmosphere? Whether you agree or not, there's something `rotten' contributing to our home ground performances.

jc155776

Coach
Despite the derogatory comment, my original opinion still stands. Our record to date: Home 1-3, Away 4-0. Even the one home win was a last gasp win against the team running last.
Sorta shows there's a problem with home games, doesn't it. It's definitely not football ability. I agree with Flanno; it's an attitude thing. So, why is our attitude diminished for home games? Is it due to overconfidence inspired by the home ground atmosphere? And who partially creates the home ground atmosphere? Whether you agree or not, there's something `rotten' contributing to our home ground performances.

Spoooooooooooooooon

Another dimension of this attitude thing is the same old problem about players getting caught up in the hype. THere was a lot of media adulation following the win against Penrith, talk about breaking records about keeping the opposition tryless being about the worst of it, and our Sharkcast friends were equally guilty of it.

I have seen this effect of the media hype inflating player's egos and taking their minds away from football for decades, I dont wanna bore people with my memories, but Flanno ahs to put his shrink's hat on and sort these guys out.

SharkShocked

Bench
We have an arrogant look about us and are playing accordingly and getting burnt with attitude.

Not many teams would be running top 4 with the worst completions, worst errors and most amount of penalties conceded in the comp.

Give it time, Flanno will sort it out - and i feel sorry for the team who cops a full 80min performance.

I think you are all Gronks.
I didnt see any attitude problems out there & the Stats support me.
What I saw was a spoiling game plan that we were heavily penalised for. I saw a game plan devoid of risk. I saw outforwards busting their asses running 2 & 3 times during sets. I saw people on our bench for too long.
The player with the most visible lack of respect & poor attitude, was your usual suspect.
You guessed it. Jarryd Hayne & he got man of the match.

Flanno, out coached again By Henry. 7-1 the scores now sit.

Pot Odds

Juniors
After watching the presser I think the Tigers will get ripped a new one we really are not travelling too badly

Latest posts