What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why did Souths buy Terry Hill. I know all your gonna do is cry about how we paid more for him, but I wanna know if you think he's so bad, and your so critical of the moron, why did you sign him. He offers absolutely nothing to the team. He's older than when we signed him, he's even more useless than when we signed him and he's more injury prone now too.

Why souths why????

Please don't delete this thread Seano, I know your jealous of Rif Pete and myself, and you delete threads to try and make yourself look like a big tough man, when really, we all know you ain't got anything but a handful of calluses and a head full of nothing.

There ya go, no swearing, no name calling, that's not overstepping the line as described by the mod squad earlier today.

Now someone answer the question!

Seano

Juniors
I have never deleted any threads, though i have locked a few.

If anyone can give a good answer to this question then they are doing better than a lot of souths supporters.

Instead of constantly pointing out the problems in this signing how about you blokes maybe acknowledge that Souths need some experience on the field and around the club - whether terry is the man we need is another story though.

We wont know for sure whether terry will be worth the money he is being paid until he has played some footy. I know that I for one am definately sceptical of his worth.

Being a supporter of a club doesnt mean that we have to necessarily agree with every decision made by the club.
I dunno, but well see eventually

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay then, you have seen what he's done at Wests since he's been signed. The only time he ever done anything good was when he was concussed and still playing. :)

He is not a disciplined player, he is not fast, he has lost his step, he shows that he has no brains, surely you've seen all of this, why would you go near a player with such a shocking record over the last 3 seasons. He promised much and provided little.

You don't honestly believe he's gonna be of any use do you. He is not experienced at all, he is reckless, stupid and short tempered and as I've already said, ill-disciplined. He's not worth the stubby that he's drinking from at the moment. You would have been much better off pulling Langmack out of the coaching role and getting him to pull the boots on. He'd be more useful to you on the field then off it.

You don't sign any team players, just a heap of blokes who looked good becasue they had great players beside them making them look good-ie Fletcher, Walker (all of them), Harrison, Craigie et al. Look at them now, the teams going nowhere. That's what I can't understand about these thickheads in here, they support a team that is not making any attempt to improve their situation, instead they thrown all of their money to one hit wonders and expect a premiership to turn up. I know the Tigers didn't have a great season this year, but we are in a situation where for the first time we have depth, we have talent, we have a good mix of experience and juniors and we don't have any players who think that the team evolves around them. Things are looking very positive for next season for us.

Honestly, don't be biased now, how much success do you really feel that Souths will have next season. I honestly feel (and this is not bagging the team, for a change) that if you get off of the bottom of the ladder next season it should be considered a miracle. You have bought Terry Hill, already described and Adam MacDougall-a man who has played 80 games out of a possible 180 since becoming a regular in the knights line up. He is only chasing dollars and you gave them to him. He is injury prone, over-rated and is more deadwood.

Doesn't any of your supporters feel even just a little concerned that next year is going to be worse than this year? You have done nothing as a team since making a huge fuss about being kicked out. two seasons of shit and yet you still seem to think that by buying old broken horses that your gonna be successful. It hasn't worked yet, even we tried it and it didn't work for us. When will you learn!!!!!!

Kaz

junior
Souths need experienced players.

They have get the players that are available, until there younger players get abit more experience.

Tessa maybe slower then what he was, but he is a crafty little devil.

He still has the footy smarts.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Kaz said:
Souths need experienced players.

They have get the players that are available, until there younger players get abit more experience.

Tessa maybe slower then what he was, but he is a crafty little devil.

He still has the footy smarts.

The jury is out on wether Terry Hill has a BRAIN....never mind a tactical one. Souths should have learnt from his Wests Tigers stint and left him alone. Instead, they shove a quarter of a million dollars up his bunghole. Langmack and Hill must be in cahoots to see how much they can rip off Souths.
Keep going Hill and Langers, you can do what Rupert Murdoch could'nt do and destroy Souths once and for all.

Balmainbenny

SS1908

Juniors
madunit said:
Okay then, you have seen what he's done at Wests since he's been signed. The only time he ever done anything good was when he was concussed and still playing. :)

He is not a disciplined player, he is not fast, he has lost his step, he shows that he has no brains, surely you've seen all of this, why would you go near a player with such a shocking record over the last 3 seasons. He promised much and provided little.

You don't honestly believe he's gonna be of any use do you. He is not experienced at all, he is reckless, stupid and short tempered and as I've already said, ill-disciplined. He's not worth the stubby that he's drinking from at the moment. You would have been much better off pulling Langmack out of the coaching role and getting him to pull the boots on. He'd be more useful to you on the field then off it.

You don't sign any team players, just a heap of blokes who looked good becasue they had great players beside them making them look good-ie Fletcher, Walker (all of them), Harrison, Craigie et al. Look at them now, the teams going nowhere. That's what I can't understand about these thickheads in here, they support a team that is not making any attempt to improve their situation, instead they thrown all of their money to one hit wonders and expect a premiership to turn up. I know the Tigers didn't have a great season this year, but we are in a situation where for the first time we have depth, we have talent, we have a good mix of experience and juniors and we don't have any players who think that the team evolves around them. Things are looking very positive for next season for us.

Honestly, don't be biased now, how much success do you really feel that Souths will have next season. I honestly feel (and this is not bagging the team, for a change) that if you get off of the bottom of the ladder next season it should be considered a miracle. You have bought Terry Hill, already described and Adam MacDougall-a man who has played 80 games out of a possible 180 since becoming a regular in the knights line up. He is only chasing dollars and you gave them to him. He is injury prone, over-rated and is more deadwood.

Doesn't any of your supporters feel even just a little concerned that next year is going to be worse than this year? You have done nothing as a team since making a huge fuss about being kicked out. two seasons of sh*t and yet you still seem to think that by buying old broken horses that your gonna be successful. It hasn't worked yet, even we tried it and it didn't work for us. When will you learn!!!!!!

Madunit I agree Hill is a stupid, reckless and short tempered player, I agree, but how can you say he is not experienced.. He has played more rep football than all the players you guys have bought combined.. I am not saying that he is going to be good for Souths, but mate, please state it how it is, not how you want it to be... You also say how could you buy Harrison.. He was one of our best all year and will be even better next year with the year of experience under his belt.. Remember he hadnt played for 12 months when we bought him.. Shane Walker.. Not a world beater but another player that has played rep footy mate.. Chris Walker, I agree, what a waste of space.. He is a heartless, gutless prick and I hope he breaks his neck on Sunday night in the grand final.. Owen Craigie.. Well Owen played his best football when they were in contract negotiations and they should have signed him to a week by week deal instead of a full year, because once that was signed he went downhill again and please dont reply with a maccas joke.. Its getting very boring..

Anonymous

Juniors
madunit said:
Please don't delete this thread Seano, I know your jealous of Rif Pete and myself, and you delete threads to try and make yourself look like a big tough man, when really, we all know you ain't got anything but a handful of calluses and a head full of nothing.
As I explain in the the 'deletion explanation' thread, there have been requests to tone things down. These were largely being ignored and instead, the moderators were becoming the target of ridicule and insult.

Your post above, although not so bad in itself, is indication enough that the penny still hasnt dropped. Moderators are volunteering to help out and should be given their dues for the effort they put in.

There a few things that will not be tolerated. For example:
Defamation,
Excessive attacks or threats,
and,
Persistent thread hi-jacking - it got to a stage that where no one could put up a new Souths thread without it being ridiculed. It had become childish and monotonous.

IMO, this should be commonsense. But it does seem that it has to be pointed out... which is unfortunate.

I was receiving more complaints about the Souths section then from anywhere else. Believe me, I have better things to do then to clean up after people. Try not make a mess of the forum and it'll all work just fine.

Now I'll let you get back to the topic at hand and good luck. For further queries, my PM inbox is always open.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say Terry Hill is inexperienced, becuase I believe experience isn't just how many games you've played, but it also contains respect from other players. If someone buys a 30 year old player for their experience, that means to me that they are there to help guide the teams on field and off field behaviour. He should be someone who the juniors look up to.

If I was at souths and I was a junior (thank god I'm not) there is no way that I would be looking up to Hill with any respect. He is a con. He goes to struggling clubs, rorts them of a heap of money which he doesn't deserve, nor does he work hard enough for. He is the most consistently over-rated players in the NRL since he last played for Australia. He is another player that looked a world beater because he had someone making him look good-Cliff Lyons and Geoff Toovey.

Owen hasn't played good footy for a long time and you all know that. He should be sacked, Hill should be hit by a truck accidentally, Langmack should be hung and shot-just to make sure. This is your experienced sector-These 3 will cost you every match you will play for as long as they are there.

How can you even support a shitheap of a coach like Langmack. He's like the Datsun 120Y of coaches. You'd be better off having Tezza as a coach. At least then he'd be off the field, that'd be a big help for ya's.

Seano

Juniors
I never said souths buying terry was a good thing - in fact you can read in there somewhere that i didnt agree with the signing.
So for the first time in my life i think i agree with you (only about this though lol)

HappyTiger

Juniors
I think the sort of experience Hill will bring is what u want from coaching staff.I dont think he'll add alot to the team itself.He is a good motivator though.But as a player uve bought urself a load of crap.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seano said:
I never said souths buying terry was a good thing - in fact you can read in there somewhere that i didnt agree with the signing.
So for the first time in my life i think i agree with you (only about this though lol)

Let me clarify myself, when I say you, I talking to you as a spokesperson for all of Souths fans. So that means I'm stating that you are all of the souths supporters. When I say Seano, I'm talking to Seano. Is that any better. :?:

I have read some comments about how there are actually supporters of this club actually happy to have Terry Hill in their team. This is wrong, have you had your eyes shut the whole time. The man is now even more hopeless than before, and even then he was hopeless. :lol:

SS1908

Juniors
madunit said:
I say Terry Hill is inexperienced, becuase I believe experience isn't just how many games you've played, but it also contains respect from other players. If someone buys a 30 year old player for their experience, that means to me that they are there to help guide the teams on field and off field behaviour. He should be someone who the juniors look up to.

If I was at souths and I was a junior (thank god I'm not) there is no way that I would be looking up to Hill with any respect. He is a con. He goes to struggling clubs, rorts them of a heap of money which he doesn't deserve, nor does he work hard enough for. He is the most consistently over-rated players in the NRL since he last played for Australia. He is another player that looked a world beater because he had someone making him look good-Cliff Lyons and Geoff Toovey.

Owen hasn't played good footy for a long time and you all know that. He should be sacked, Hill should be hit by a truck accidentally, Langmack should be hung and shot-just to make sure. This is your experienced sector-These 3 will cost you every match you will play for as long as they are there.

How can you even support a shitheap of a coach like Langmack. He's like the Datsun 120Y of coaches. You'd be better off having Tezza as a coach. At least then he'd be off the field, that'd be a big help for ya's.

After reading the dribble you have written above, I can see that it is no use trying to have a decent conversation with you as you have no skills in that area.. All you seem to want to do is bag Souths and you will bring down anyone you can in the meantime.. I could go on and on about how the Tigpies have signed Prince, a player who is vey injury prone etc but I wont because i thought that this was going to be a serius thread an I wrot a serious reply and get nothing but dribble in return.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a serious thread, yet you couldn't help yourself, you had to get the first punch in didn't ya.

So what your telling me is that Craigie and Hill are great players and I'm bagging them because they play for souths. For once on this forum I am bagging the players not the team. I have stated that Hill was crap with us and he's not getting better, Craigie done nothing with us either and he's producing just as much for Souths now.

And I'd hate to think that you actually believe that Langmack is a decent coach. He has no idea what he's doing, you SS, could do a better job. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The attempt to bag Souths on this thread at all was minimal, but if that's the way you wanna see things then that's your stupidity rearing it's ugly head once again.

Please tell me what Craigie, Hill, and Langmack can provide Souths in 2004, and don't spin that bullshit experience crap to me either. They've gotta have more than that, I don't think you'd sign a player for 250 grand because he's experienced. What can they provide for the club in 2004?

swoop

Juniors
My two bobs worth:

Why did Souths offer A Macdougall a contract worth 200k plus(as reported) when he was going to re-sign with Knights for basically match payments. Surely, he should have been signed for less!!!!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't bother trying to be serious with this mob, I just tried it and as soon as you start to make a point which they know is correct, they find a reason to abuse you. I gave them a chance to try and have an intelligent conversation about Souths, but they saw it as plain mockery-assumptions will get you nowhere. I'm sorry mod squad I tried, but my efforts were met with the same resistance as they always have done. Back to square one now.

Anonymous

Juniors
Square One? LOL.. I thought we were barely approaching that.
Good effort so far but don't give up so easy - Rome wasnt built in a day.

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
Why did Souths buy Terry Hill. I know all your gonna do is cry about how we paid more for him, but I wanna know if you think he's so bad, and your so critical of the moron, why did you sign him. He offers absolutely nothing to the team. He's older than when we signed him, he's even more useless than when we signed him and he's more injury prone now too.

Why souths why????

There ya go, no swearing, no name calling, that's not overstepping the line as described by the mod squad earlier today.

Now someone answer the question!

851 wrote:
Impellitteri wrote:
Western Tiger wrote:
I just had a look at the souths forum on this website and geeezus. What is the problem that some of you guys have with souths. Half the posts there are from tigers fans.
Correct me if Im wrong but I thought we would be giving them a fair go, being one of the few remaining foundation clubs left in the comp

Mate, they are just jealous fools who get their thrills stirring people on web forums......Souths are a greater club now than Wests Tigers ever will be and thats saying a lot

How does losing the most amount of games and winning the least amount of games the last 2 years make you so great,you can't live in the past.
Also your club has a liking for Tiger players,coaches and trainers,go figure.

I'm a Tigers fan mate..........and don't worry, Balmain and Wests went through periods similar to Souths are........

Just thought you might like to look at someting from the Wests forum, seeing that you never go there yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see some Wests fans can accept reality :lol: :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
madunit said:
It is a serious thread, yet you couldn't help yourself, you had to get the first punch in didn't ya.

So what your telling me is that Craigie and Hill are great players and I'm bagging them because they play for souths. For once on this forum I am bagging the players not the team. I have stated that Hill was crap with us and he's not getting better, Craigie done nothing with us either and he's producing just as much for Souths now.

And I'd hate to think that you actually believe that Langmack is a decent coach. He has no idea what he's doing, you SS, could do a better job. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The attempt to bag Souths on this thread at all was minimal, but if that's the way you wanna see things then that's your stupidity rearing it's ugly head once again.

Please tell me what Craigie, Hill, and Langmack can provide Souths in 2004, and don't spin that bullsh*t experience crap to me either. They've gotta have more than that, I don't think you'd sign a player for 250 grand because he's experienced. What can they provide for the club in 2004?

There was an attempt by myself to have a legitimate conversation with you all here. I was going to reform and stop knocking souths. I figured that I've had my fun, it's time to try and give these souths supporters a chance to be respected, I ask legitimate questions and am told that I'm bagging the team. I can handle the criticism from you guys as it is as weak as piss, but If you hate us picking on you all of the time, why do you retalliate when one of us decides to be rational (for a change). I will admit that I got carried away with the sledging, and I am now attempting to converse with you all, but you criticise me of not being able to hold up a conversation, when it's the other posters on this thread who cannot hold up a conversation. I remained on the topic and you decided to enact your revenge, well f**k YOU ALL!!!!!!

SS1908

Juniors
madunit said:

Have a read of what you wrote above dipstick and you will see who threw the first punch.. If you want to read what I wrote again, I just said "I DO NOT know how you can call Hill inexperienced when he has played more rep footy than all the players your team has bought".. About Craigie, I said "the only time he has played good footy is when they were in contract negotiations and then after he signed the deal he went shit again.. Maybe they should have offered him a week by week deal".. :? :? :? :?

Now if you call that throwing the first punch then you have a very weak jaw.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now get a life and piss off back to our own forum.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MAFIA

Juniors
SS1908 said:
madunit said:

After reading the dribble you have written above, I can see that it is no use trying to have a decent conversation with you as you have no skills in that area.. All you seem to want to do is bag Souths and you will bring down anyone you can in the meantime.. I could go on and on about how the Tigpies have signed Prince, a player who is vey injury prone etc but I wont because i thought that this was going to be a serius thread an I wrot a serious reply and get nothing but dribble in return.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: prince isnt 30 odd year old
and chashing money but the kid has got a future in front of him ...unlike tezza its all behind him and he is just there to prop up his bank account a bit more!!!!!

im mafia go and get stuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]