What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop's First Try

giboz71

First Grade
Watched it again this morning. Replay clearly showed DCE engaging Nighty first whilst he was trying to get back to his wing position. Nighty pushed back and DCE went on with it. It happens 100 times in a game when players get tangled up.

DCE stuffed up and it's a try every day of the week.

Those who think it's not a try, especially the Fox commentators really have no clue.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Talk about revisionism. DCE choose to push Nighty...Fox commentators, especially Alexander are a joke. Alexander is incredibly biased against us...Fox should ban him from calling our games. Shows zero impartiality.
I think Ennis must have backed Manly, he couldn't let it go!

Mustang2

Juniors
Watched it again this morning. Replay clearly showed DCE engaging Nighty first whilst he was trying to get back to his wing position. Nighty pushed back and DCE went on with it. It happens 100 times in a game when players get tangled up.

DCE stuffed up and it's a try every day of the week.

Those who think it's not a try, especially the Fox commentators really have no clue.

kit66

Bench

The end of this little clip shows it all very clearly.
Nightie was only running back to his defensive position and there's absolutely no onus on him to get out of DCE's road, none at all. DCE makes first contact and grabs Nightie, giving himself little chance of getting into dummy half in time. The other Manly players reacted too slow, Widdop didn't and the rest is history.

Mustang2

Juniors
Totally agree.
It was obvious that Flo gave the Cherry Blossom a gob-full on his way back to the wing, because Blossom turned and made a bee-line for Flo and pushed him, Flo just tossed him aside and ran back in position.
Neither Blossom, nor any other Manly player were anywhere near the dummy-half position, and Widdop did the rest!
Flo - 1, Blossom -Nil

watatank

Coach
If DCE's entire focus was on actually getting to dummy half he would have either got there or drawn a penalty. Instead, he was more interested in picking a fight. He's a club captain and a million dollar man, surely his team would expect better.

Anyway, I don't know what Trjobevic was thinking...he should have been the player at dummy half, instead runs around Walker who was next closest

Sloth

Juniors
Nines footy show with Sterlo, Fitler and the brick all agreed Cherry-Evans was at fault and a fair try. Even the manly player (Brenton Lawrence) said he didn't know what Cherry-Evans was doing initiating the contact and not getting to the play the ball.

getsmarty

Immortal
Nines footy show with Sterlo, Fitler and the brick all agreed Cherry-Evans was at fault and a fair try. Even the manly player (Brenton Lawrence) said he didn't know what Cherry-Evans was doing initiating the contact and not getting to the play the ball.

Yep...Saw this as well. DCE initiated the first contact. He was at fault.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sharp work from Widdop.

If DCE who did that at the other end, there'd be plenty of folks calling him a genius for taking advantage of the lazy markers.

So let me be first to call it... Widdop you are a freakin' genius!

giboz71

First Grade

Shows they're a bit more objective.

The Fox guys made out it was the worse call in history.

Morons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Shows they're a bit more objective.

The Fox guys made out it was the worse call in history.

Morons.

Yep..personally I think Sterlo is the fairest commentator in the game.He is one of the few commentators that didn't put crap on us during the 2010 finals series.

since77

Juniors
You guys are are all on Crack. No try. If that had happened to us we would be blowing up galore

The exact same incident (players contacting each other on their way in or out of the ruck area) happens 30 times a game. It just rarely happens so close to the try line or when the opposition fullback stupidly stands at dummy half then runs off without checking if someone will replace him. Fair try, dumb play by Manly.

Old Timer

Coach
Lottoland what a great place.
Lotto has something to do with the number 6, well Widdop sure showed them all about that and then we won the 1st division prize and took home all the cash.
After the first number came out yesterday the best they could do was ask for a redraw and even then they won SFA and to top it off today in the U/20's they couldn't even get a supplementary number, absolute ball tearer.
Can't wait to go back there next year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Geez Gregstar, you should have to be 18 to be on this forum mate! Back to the school yard for you. Absolute fool
I happen to know that Greggles is only 13-years-old. Here's a birthday picture of him that he sent me last year...
old-man-drinking-whiskey-and-smoking.jpg

He is a happy young fella but he has had a hard life.

gregstar

Referee
that's actually an old photograph i sent you.

i remember that day vividly.

my first day of school.

note the left eyelid; it had previously been my foreskin.
after the circumcision, it was used to replace the eyelid that had been severed by childbirth forceps.

Latest posts