What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne be alright

Gronk

Staff member
I thought that the chicken wing suspensions in the past were when a player was on the ground and then was move in a wrestle hold. Caylo got his tit torn off the bone that way. I'm pretty sure that MK's tackle was in motion and he just had a hold of his arm as they (the ball carrier and the other tacklers) hit the ground.

natheel

Coach
well the fact hannant A) got up and pushed hindy away with his 'injured arm' and B) played the ret of the game without any troubles will play into the fate of keating and same with goodwin playing will play a major part into haynes fate too

Gronk

Staff member
Need to get barrister Geoff Bellew on the case for both Hayne & Keats. His bullsh*t fairytale defences has got many a guilty player off in the past.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think Keating's tackle was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

At worst it was a 'careless chicken wing' - but without intent it is simply an accident.
He's just grappling with an enormous man, slips off the tackle but retains hold of his arm, and as other tacklers come to get involved, slips into an awkward position.
Nothing in it.

Irritates me that they give a penalty when they see that on replay, but don't give a penalty when Andrew Ryan clearly makes first contact with Gulavaos head.

Personally I think there was no intent in either, play on - but looking at the replay, the Ryan 'offence' is something that has been consistently penalised all season AND in the semis (Ben Smith got penalised for hitting ball first and sliding up...)

parra.letic

Juniors
I hope the judiciary sees it that way, and takes into account the fact that Hannant was ready to shape up 5 seconds after the incident.

Just get the feeling that the judiciary wont let both Hayne and Keating off the hook. I hope they do :)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I hope the judiciary sees it that way, and takes into account the fact that Hannant was ready to shape up 5 seconds after the incident.

Just get the feeling that the judiciary wont let both Hayne and Keating off the hook. I hope they do :)

Sadly, I think you're right.

They'll suspend Keating and let Hayne off. They figure that will make fans think that you can't participate in dirty play, even in the semis - but still let's the NRL star player play in the biggest game of the year.

Shame really - because Keating has been absolutely fantastic the last 3 weeks.

HOPEFULLY they don't do anything stupid and let both guys play - but Fitzgibbon keeps popping into mind (although his suspsension WAS for something that was actually bad...)

natheel

Coach
yeh the NRL wont want to not have the Dally M medal winner in the grand final if they can help it. keating will probably get the short end of the straw on this one

Gronk

Staff member
yeh the NRL wont want to not have the Dally M medal winner in the grand final if they can help it. keating will probably get the short end of the straw on this one

Cameron Smith missing the GF last year is a example that they take no prisoners unfortunately.

Ondafly

Juniors
We need to get in contact with the Storm and mount the same defense they did with Blair a few weeks back. I believe the instances to be similar. Do you think they will be willing to help? Especially if they beat the Bronc's? :oops:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
when I first saw it , it was nothing, on the replay however, he may have a case to answer for

I'd be surprised if he got suspended for it tho

Ike E Bear

Juniors
IF Keating is suspended and if Cayless is out, I wouldn't play a second hooker truthfully. Have Robson relieve a little at hooker, with Mortimer and Mateo working the halves ... then you can run an extra forward to help pick up the slack of losing Cayless.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
my gut feeling is he should be OK, even if he is charged it should only be a grade 1

on the slo mo it looked like his knees didn't contact the head, it was the side of his knee/thigh and there didn't seem to be any malice but you just never know

yosemite

Juniors
Not much in it, but if he is rubbed out, I'd like to see brother for brother. ie Kris Keating come into the side
Kingston to start and KK coming on in the 2nd half and we don't lose much.

Gronk

Staff member
If Thurston can kick wolfman in the teeth and only get a week with guilty plea then we should be treated the same.

Gronk

Staff member
Not much in it, but if he is rubbed out, I'd like to see brother for brother. ie Kris Keating come into the side
Kingston to start and KK coming on in the 2nd half and we don't lose much.

I thought that KK was injured ?

Grumpy Old Man

Juniors
Congratulations on your great win, unfortunately I think you will lose Keating as a trade off for the judiciary being able to clear Hayne....thoughts !