What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne be alright

evil_p091280

Juniors
As a Parra supporter ;-) I agree.

One of the instances that looks bad on replay, but innocuous in "real time".

80kg Keating trying to haul down a rampaging prop that has 30kg on him and a full head of steam.

Not intentional, just awkward and unfortunate how it turned out.

Added:

Andrew Johns gives Hayne the green light in his Telegraph column today:

". . . and while he is on report, there is no way in the world he will be rubbed out for the big one on the evidence I saw last night. I thought the incident with Bryson Goodwin was accidental and he shouldn't have any worries"

Johns works with Parramatta. He is hardly an unbias view.

Grumpy Old Man

Juniors
The judiciary will have to look like they haven't gone soft, so they will sacrifice Keating so they can clear Hayne to play.
Either way I hope your boys go on to win...good luck !

tresurehunt

Juniors
Congratulations on your great win, unfortunately I think you will lose Keating as a trade off for the judiciary being able to clear Hayne....thoughts !

totally agree, i think they will make an example of keating,and yes it will be a trade off with hayne . :x

Hellsy

Immortal
:lol:
KK has been injured for most of the year, first against Manly then in his comeback with Wenty.

EelsFan05

Bench
After watching the replay god knows how many times Hayne realises that there is going to be contact and tucks his kness in and towards the dead ball line and collects Goodwin with his thigh. Hoping, praying a grade one charge with an early guilty plea will see him free to play.

strider

Post Whore
If Thurston can kick wolfman in the teeth and only get a week with guilty plea then we should be treated the same.
a week? i thought thurston didn't miss sh*t??? such a low grading he basically got off

and then there's the soward one - where he deadset intentionally kicked and got such a low grading he got no suspension - just lucky he never connected really

seems "intention" is not the issue - ita all about whether someone gets knocked out and how long they stay down :roll:

Johns works with Parramatta. He is hardly an unbias view.

What other clubs does he work with besides Newcastle?

I know last year he had a few more under his belt.

Regardless, I'd rather here voices of high profile identities come to his defence rather than say he has something to worry about.

Unfortunately, the judiciary has the ugly shadow of precedence that they created.

Gibbs getting 3 was a lot, but prior to that Billy got off with warnings and Thurston's (who was the worst of the lot) was saved suspension.

The other precedence that scares me was Cameron Smith last year.

noosa-eel

Juniors
I don't think either of them will miss the GF. Chicken wing please! and Hayne's incident was not intentional. (if you want my opinion Goodwin just wanted to knock himself out like his dad did in his GF lol). :crazy:

Aristidis

Juniors
Hayne is a dirty grub. I was going to go for parra in the gf if they beat us but playing dirty like that and leading into tackles that you can't make with your knees several times is just dirty play that we've come to see from parrascum. Hayne should be suspended but as he is the nrl's current glamour boy i doubt it will happen. Can't say the same for Keatings chicken wing or Hindmarsh.

Hayne is a dirty grub. I was going to go for parra in the gf if they beat us but playing dirty like that and leading into tackles that you can't make with your knees several times is just dirty play that we've come to see from parrascum. Hayne should be suspended but as he is the nrl's current glamour boy i doubt it will happen. Can't say the same for Keatings chicken wing or Hindmarsh.

<YAWN>

What was grubby was how the Bulldogs insisted on laying in the play the ball area, making no attempt to clear the ruck.

This consequently resulted in a woeful "knock on" call against Ben Smith, when Andrew Ryan employing said tactics found the ball with his foot.

Had this not happened, no Goodwin try - no Hayne incident.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
watching the replay, they got the wrong man o he should be fine

Hindy was responsible but I hope they dont charge him

TheMoneyBoxMan

Juniors

WTF did Hindmarsh do? Oh apart from taking Hannant to task over being a sook. His farkin arm was ok to get up and push Hindy and he came back on making tackles. Harden the f**k up this is not ballet.

strider

Post Whore
i honestly don't believe this is a chicken wing ... hannatt was trying to fend them off and his arm just got caught in trying to make the tackle - no one intentionally grabbed it and twisted it ... his arm actually got released before he even hit the ground - any injury was from his weight and there's landing on a twisted arm

might I add, my respect for Hannatt has dropped MASSIVELY the way he tried to milk all he could from it too! .... yes I am sure it hurt a bit cos his weight fell on it ... but to go on and on like a pork chop to ensure it got put on report so they could milk a free interchange was f**ked! ..... he then gives Hindy a massive push with his supposedly damaged arm :lol: :lol: ... dickheads!

CrazyEel

Bench
i honestly don't believe this is a chicken wing ... hannatt was trying to fend them off and his arm just got caught in trying to make the tackle - no one intentionally grabbed it and twisted it ... his arm actually got released before he even hit the ground - any injury was from his weight and there's landing on a twisted arm

might I add, my respect for Hannatt has dropped MASSIVELY the way he tried to milk all he could from it too! .... yes I am sure it hurt a bit cos his weight fell on it ... but to go on and on like a pork chop to ensure it got put on report so they could milk a free interchange was f**ked! ..... he then gives Hindy a massive push with his supposedly damaged arm :lol: :lol: ... dickheads!
Yeah, noticed that myself, didn't seem too injured at all did it. :crazy:

Dogs by name and dogs by nature.

I don't think Hindy can be held responsible. He was just trying to get Hannant to the ground. How could he have been acutely aware of where Keating had his arms wrapped around?

mickdo

Coach

f**k off loser. Enjoy Mad Monday.

cgee221

Juniors
I said the exact same thing to Jess last night Strider...he has lost a lot of credibility in my books. You see people's real character in these types of situations.

strider

Post Whore
I said the exact same thing to Jess last night Strider...he has lost a lot of credibility in my books. You see people's real character in these types of situations.
I probably don't hold him totally responsible - I think the trainers get out there and look to make sure of the penalty/report/whatever ... but a true, tough footballer will just get on with it and thats what I thought Hannatt was - not so much now

tbh a few of our guys went looking for a penalty too - Joe and Fui ..... but the dogs were milking for more than penalties last night :x