What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Still Support Them?

Scarves

Juniors
Keep supporting your team. You guys are all they have left that has any credibility. Without the solidarity of their people in their darkest hour, the battle for Britain may have been lost. Now go to the streets, drum some support and fire up!

ByRd

First Grade
Heads up guys, i can sort of understand what you guys are going through (although it was not this bad), all i can say is stay strong and as fans, we really are the only loyal people involved in rugby league.

It is very difficult atm but things can only improve from here, the fans must stay strong and although you guys have this whole season with only pride to play for, when we had to do that in 2002 for the last 3 games, it sounds weird but that last game against the Broncos will go down as one of my most memorable nights, the passion in the fans that night and the way the players came together only made the club stronger and the way the fans stuck behind the club was the most crucial part as not all people involved in the club knew about it and come 2011, things will improve.

Keep the heads up and ill be in Melbourne when the dogs play there, hopefully the Storm fans are out there also.

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
Yes i will. But imo we should have been stripped for points for next year aswell, not losing the premierships.

absolutely not. next year you guys need to get on with it, rebuild, start playing in the real world as the rest of us do. We would like that to be the case. As for what has gone...you cheated in those years, and even if you didnt get those comps stripped then nobody would have recognised them anyway, people arent that stupid.

Hanscholo

Bench
Honestly is there anyone surprised that this was going on I know I'm not surprised.

mate i recall a riot breaking out on these forums on GF night last year. In particular a lot of us including myself said that its impossible to have both your first grade and 20's win the comp in this day and age and to have ongoing and seemingly never ending success in the salary cap era. A lot of people saw it as sour grapes, it wasnt, it was some reasonable conjecture which has turned out to be spot on.

So no, im not surprised at all...and im sure in the back of a lot of melbourne supporters minds they probably arent either.

Hanscholo

Bench
You're a deadset f**kwit mate. f**king prove it. I have seen you post this sh*t in several threads now and I'm sick of it. Wheres your proof? if you have none then you're just making sh*t up and under the current circumstances, It is a ridiculously stupid thing to say. I would say this would call for a banning from the site. If i was the owner of the LU I would make sure i removed your defamation filled posts ASAP and have you removed from the forum.

If its Brisbane you guys are referring to then have a look at their team and tell me its rorting. yes sure, in the 90's i have no doubt that the wayne bennett style personal payments from wealthy people was going on with the players...no doubt at all...but since 2000 i highly doubt they have been doing it, i mean rorting the cap doesnt really correspond to sh*t results.

If you really want to look at who is currently getting *amazing* value for their salary cap spend, look no further than the Gold Coast, and Manly.

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
One word: Yes.

One horrible event shouldn't shatter the hearts of all. We all make mistakes, they have but it's not the end of the world yet.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Cheats.Got where you are from cheating.Not the fans fault but and if it was parra id still love them but they have to get rid of anyone who made these choices..
I think the club will fold.Its never been a success and dark days ahead....

You're an idiot. Go cry beans, and find a way to win your own stinking trophy.

big_matt

Juniors
I am a member also. Im not going this weekend and will take some time out to find out the truth in all this. If some players were complicit, i'll never go back until they are sold. Its easy for fans of other teams to tell us to stick with the team, but they dont
know the emotions we have at the moment. I spent much of my savings on flights and hotel for the last grand final and have invedted unlimited emotion over the past 5 or 6 years. Now i find out every single one of those games counted fir nothing. To be honest i was getting frustrated this season anyway with slaters pathetic comments about depression and inglis being found to have pushed his gf. This cap cheating may be the last straw but time will tell.

I have a horrible feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg. The scott prince house rumours wont go away and i can see other clubs getting caught.

MsStorm

Bench
I am a member also. Im not going this weekend and will take some time out to find out the truth in all this. If some players were complicit, i'll never go back until they are sold. Its easy for fans of other teams to tell us to stick with the team, but they dont
know the emotions we have at the moment. I spent much of my savings on flights and hotel for the last grand final and have invedted unlimited emotion over the past 5 or 6 years. Now i find out every single one of those games counted fir nothing. To be honest i was getting frustrated this season anyway with slaters pathetic comments about depression and inglis being found to have pushed his gf. This cap cheating may be the last straw but time will tell.

I have a horrible feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg. The scott prince house rumours wont go away and i can see other clubs getting caught.

Very disappointed with your reaction. A time when the team needs your support:(

MsStorm

Bench
A very easy decision for me. I love the club and will stick with them for ever.
What hurts me nearly as much as what happened yesterday, was reading that some of the fans on here might walk away. I really find it hard to understand anyone would want to do that to their club in time of need.

The bad eggs will be gone and we will go thru some pain, but I have purple blood in my veins and would never walk away.

AliN

Live Update Team
I feel very sorry for you Storm supporters and every innocent person in your club.

Not only is this gut renching for the Storm, but the flow on effect this will have for the game in general will take a long time to recover from.

My team plays you guys on Sunday and I think we are in for an absolute thrashing.
You have many players, who will play their hearts out for those supporters who turn up.
And from the games I have been to in Melbourne, and the passion you have for your team, the place will be pretty full of die hard fans.

So to you Storm supporters, Kia Kaha, stay strong. The team will fight thru this, and you will too I'm sure.

big_matt

Juniors
Very disappointed with your reaction. A time when the team needs your support:(

You'll stand by them no matter what, but others may not feel the same. At the moment we don't know all the facts: the "team that needs my support" could (and it is only a 'could') contain players who potentially decieved me and other fans. If the players and bellamy knew nothing i'll be back. If players were complicit (not saying they were) i will absolutely refuse to turn up and cheer them on. Having spent my whole time in australia trying to convert afl fans to our great game, and having followed the storm around australia, i feel Humiliated and absolutely heartbroken, and justified in not turning up fir a bit to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i feel really sorry for you guys, the fans... :(

you put your heart and soul into supporting a team to have it all rubbed in your face by greedy executives..

what broke my heart this morning was the photo of the storm signed gear a fan had dumped at the carlton office - i know the passion and love that goes into supporting a team, looking at the memories and being attached to the club..

best of luck to all you guys and gals, hope the team pull through it... as much as our clubs are each others nemesis, this is something that you would not want to happen to any footy fan..

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
So what happens here?

Warriors Vs Storm this weekend, if warriors win they get 2 points, what happens if the Storm win, I know they get no points but does the Warroirs get the 2 points or no team get the points if Storm win?

bulldog

Bench
Nobody gets the points if the Storm win Zoidberg.

Just came in to add my voice to the support of the fans, I hope the players are cleared as I agree 100% with big matt that any player who knowingly accepted under the table payments should be thrown to the wolves, I felt exactly the same when my team was caught.

Just remember the team is bigger than any of those individuals.

I hope Waldron ends up as a business pariah too.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Stay solid guys!

If anything, you Storm supporters need to get behind the team more than ever.
Show the boys theres a future worth playing for, and a city that wants their team to stay.

I know if the Dragons got done, I'd be gutted, but I'd still support them.

offside ref

Juniors
Hi guys I'm a longtime parra fan I can't begin to imagine what your feeling. If it was us I wouldn't know how to handle it.
There is no right or wrong way to feel about this if u want to get away from the team or stand by them u should do what feels right they owe u the fans owe them nothing.
I'm not a fan of melbourne can't stand most ur players so I don't feel for the club but I feel for all the fans.

Knightmare

Coach
Not a very good point to make mate lol

Roopy will believe anything Dear Leader says. If he were to appear on national TV today and say "The Broncos are not, nor have they ever been, under the cap. Working families." then roops would retract every statement he has made about it on this forum, believe me! :lol:

Helen

Juniors
Firstly I feel for you guys. It must be gut wrenching to say the least.

For those supporters are thinking of walking away from support of the Storm.

Look to the Bulldogs to see what can be achieved.

Latest posts