What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Manu or Gray Viane?

westie

Bench
Gravy is obviously a lot fitter and faster and could slot into the centers if needed. Manu is stronger and harder to bring down. Just while we are on this subject, we lack hard running, impact second rowers.

Tigerpete

Juniors
WE do lack that hard running second rowers and theri crucial in the game today, unless we unearth something new in someone we may be relying on the abilty of our second rowers and not their agression.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Manu could have been anything and he still could be... but he really lacks the enthusiasm that is required to be one of the best backrowers in the game... Going to Souths could turn that around for him considering he will have to fight for the starting spot with Harrision, Smith and Fletcher over there...

Vaine on the other hand has the speed of a center but the size of a back rower, he has been given the kamikaze nickname for nothing.. I think Viane is the best option he has at least shown some signs of trying to turn his work ethic around at training which Manu never did...

Gobbso

Juniors
Wests Tigers should have kept both of them in my honest opinion. I believe Manu would have shined this coming season. Sure he had his attitude problems early this year, but that all started to change towards the end of the season.

It looks as though Willie finally adjusted to Sheen's coaching style and was enjoying his football again, as it showed on the park, with his powerful runs, and hard hitting defence.

I surely hope he does not come back to haunt us. I wish him all the very best at Souths, and you're not wrong there Mighty, he will have some competition to snare a spot in the backrow, which will be good for him.

MAFIA

Juniors
i agree and i disagree with you mighty and gobbs, manu will have 2 great games next year and unfortunitly it will be at our expence, like most former players playing against there former clubs they all grow an extra leg and have blinders, just look at fat boy slim (big owie) for an example
he seems to have blinders against us and leaves me wondering where that form was when he was with us,as for manu fighting for a spot in the second row harrison will be used as a lock/5/8, smith i read in here somewhere that he asked for a release so he could go back to saints dont no how true that was, and fletcher he will be there as one 2nd rower so yeah super coach paul has got to get the best out of manu, i hope he can
just a bit pissed that we didnt keep him,but i like the look of gravey.....

im mafia go and get stuffed!!!!!!!

yappy

Bench
I though it was a lay down misere for Gravy, but he hasn't come back well from the arm. He did squat for us when he returned, just when we needed some of his ferocious running. I hope the off season sees him back to his best.

brook

First Grade
Tigerpete said:
WE do lack that hard running second rowers

not after Lima gets his chance...

Its a shame he got injured late last year because I think he was just one more good game away from a first grade bench spot...

I think Chris Heighington will fill this role well.

Tigerpete said:
WE do lack that hard running second rowers and theri crucial in the game today, unless we unearth something new in someone we may be relying on the abilty of our second rowers and not their agression.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tom_from_Tasmania said:
I think Chris Heighington will fill this role well.

Heighington is more a hardworker than a hard hitting front rower

I think our best chances for any hard hitters are in Viane, Lima and Thomo in the years to come

uuem

Juniors
Manu developed the Olsen F disease , for those old enough they will know what I mean for those not old enough just pray that Gravy doesnt catch it.

Latest posts