What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Tonga

Nikki

Coach
Just wondering how all you die hard doggies fans think Willie T is gunna fit into your team next year?

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
i think willie tonga's a good buy for us...even though he's no willie T (the original) or vags...i think he'll do fine in the centres if he can beat lolesi to it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd say he'll start the year in reserves, lolasi will get the starting spot as he is a better defender, but as he improves throughout the year he'll get his chance in the top grade as he is supposed to be exceptional in attack, Vagana is a hard bastard to replace.

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
i know, after seeing vags player for nz a few days ago...i realised how badly we shouldnt have let him go. im gonna miss the guy....we shouldnt of let him go DAMMIT!

Phillips

Referee
Dogs Of War said:
I'd say he'll start the year in reserves, lolasi will get the starting spot as he is a better defender, but as he improves throughout the year he'll get his chance in the top grade as he is supposed to be exceptional in attack, Vagana is a hard bastard to replace.

tonga deserves a first grade spot he has more talent then lolesi
the backs should be:
1. Patten or Cutler
2. Lolesi
3. Harris
4. Tonga
5. Utai

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Dogs Of War said:
he is supposed to be exceptional in attack

exactely right.
Willie averaged a phenomenal amounts of tries in Division last year, and some, were just... poetry to watch, you know?
:D Look after him for us next year guys, we'll be out to a couple of your games to cheer him on... gonna miss him like crazy, Willie's an awesome guy.. and player! ;-)

EdBurton

Juniors
Phillips said:
Mighty Heighty said:
Phillips said:
i dont rate hazem
u dont rate NRL's highest pointscorer?

all he can do is kick goals, the dogs have better players then him

He can also score tries!!!
Sure alot of the time it's just catching the ball over the line, but he has some of the safest hands in the game!

Dog-E

Juniors
Phillips said:
Dogs Of War said:

the backs should be:
1. Patten or Cutler
2. Lolesi
3. Harris
4. Tonga
5. Utai

Whaaaa!? Lolesi has about as much chance of taking El Magic's spot next season as I do!!! Lolesi is no gun. He's a solid winger at best. Nothing flash. I do however think he will make a better centre than he does a winger...

I am surprised u know about Trent Cutler though - that's not good news that he's making a name for himself outside the Bulldogs club - HANDS OFF!!!!!! Because make no mistakes, this kid is awesome - just an absolute NATURAL!!! Some of the tries & breaks I've seen him make in the lower grades over the past season in particular, have just been simply BREATHTAKING!! Very reminiscent of the fluid attacking Lockyer/Schifcofske/Minichello/Wesser/Slater etc type of fullback! Can't WAIT to see him given a crack in first grade - he should go right off!!

Now the general's a good player, but he'll want to watch his heels next season - because if Trent Cutler continues improving at the rate he has over the past couple of years, he surely cannot be denied a first grade shot sometime VERY soon! I DO wonder if he can play in the centres as well as he goes at fullback?...Because out of him, Lolesi and Tonga (Who I've not seen that much of, to be fair) - I know who I'd rather see in the team long-term!!

Phillips

Referee
Dog-E said:
Phillips said:
Dogs Of War said:

the backs should be:
1. Patten or Cutler
2. Lolesi
3. Harris
4. Tonga
5. Utai

Whaaaa!? Lolesi has about as much chance of taking El Magic's spot next season as I do!!! Lolesi is no gun. He's a solid winger at best. Nothing flash. I do however think he will make a better centre than he does a winger...

I am surprised u know about Trent Cutler though - that's not good news that he's making a name for himself outside the Bulldogs club - HANDS OFF!!!!!! Because make no mistakes, this kid is awesome - just an absolute NATURAL!!! Some of the tries & breaks I've seen him make in the lower grades over the past season in particular, have just been simply BREATHTAKING!! Very reminiscent of the fluid attacking Lockyer/Schifcofske/Minichello/Wesser/Slater etc type of fullback! Can't WAIT to see him given a crack in first grade - he should go right off!!

Now the general's a good player, but he'll want to watch his heels next season - because if Trent Cutler continues improving at the rate he has over the past couple of years, he surely cannot be denied a first grade shot sometime VERY soon! I DO wonder if he can play in the centres as well as he goes at fullback?...Because out of him, Lolesi and Tonga (Who I've not seen that much of, to be fair) - I know who I'd rather see in the team long-term!!

i found out about cutler when i watched him on tv a few yrs ago playing for a school boys side and he was the best player on the field, so ive been watching him closley

aqua_duck

Coach
EdBurton said:
Phillips said:
Mighty Heighty said:
Phillips said:
i dont rate hazem

Sure alot of the time it's just catching the ball over the line, but he has some of the safest hands in the game!
I think you have to have El Masri there for the simple fact that he's the best goalkicker, he's abit like Halligan, not the best winger, abit slow, doesn't really make alot of breaks but he's solid and he can kick, though he's certainly not the superstar that some bulldogs fans think he is.

Dog-E

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
EdBurton said:
Phillips said:
Mighty Heighty said:
Phillips said:
i dont rate hazem

I think you have to have El Masri there for the simple fact that he's the best goalkicker, he's abit like Halligan, not the best winger, abit slow, doesn't really make alot of breaks but he's solid and he can kick, though he's certainly not the superstar that some bulldogs fans think he is.

Yeah - but you see Halligan was another who was vastly underrated by non-bulldogs 'n all!!....He may not have been the quickest or the flashest winger going around, but I tell you what - you could count the amount of times he got caught out-of-position in attack AND defence over the course of a season on one hand!! Always there to finish off a try, even tho his contribution may have been to run the lat 5 metres to put the ball down.....all VERY important - and all too often unnoticed - things a winger does!

El Magic's a great defender for his relatively diminuitive size (notwhitstanding his propensity to rush in off his wing looking for intercepts just a liiiiiitle bit too often for my liking!), has good hands, and is quite elusive in broken play....Once again, he mightn't be the flashest winger doing the rounds, but underestimate Haz at your peril - He'll do us just fine thanks - the goalkicking is just a very, very nice BONUS!!!
8)

PB

Bench
Phillips said:
i dont rate hazem

Finally! a bulldog supporter who can put away his blue and white eyes to see the reality of the world.

hazem is insainly overrated, and should he get anywhere near the pointscoring records of the NRL it will be a travisty on the game.

i also like that 'Phillips' can recognise that there are better fullbacks in the world than Luke "I have never caught a football on the full because my positional play stinks!" Patten.

As for Willie Tonga. The kid has plenty of class and potential, but he was given opportunities and never took them at parra unfortunately. If you expect him to be able to rush up in defence like harris and Vangana and lay big hits, it won't happen, he'll miss and create problems for your defensive line.

Dogs Of War

Coach
PB said:
hazem is insainly overrated, and should he get anywhere near the pointscoring records of the NRL it will be a travisty on the game.

If he got anywhere near that record it would be deserved cause he's about 1000 points away at this point in time and if he could get close to it, it would only be through hard work.

PB said:
i also like that 'Phillips' can recognise that there are better fullbacks in the world than Luke "I have never caught a football on the full because my positional play stinks!" Patten.

It's the grubber that Patten hates, he really has no problems under the high ball. That said, I hope Patten goes to another club cause I hate the bugger.

PB said:
As for Willie Tonga. The kid has plenty of class and potential, but he was given opportunities and never took them at parra unfortunately. If you expect him to be able to rush up in defence like harris and Vangana and lay big hits, it won't happen, he'll miss and create problems for your defensive line.

He won't get out of reserve grade till he learns to tackle or leaves to go to souths.

The Colonel

Immortal
PB said:
Phillips said:
i dont rate hazem

Finally! a bulldog supporter who can put away his blue and white eyes to see the reality of the world.

Sorry PB - you will find that Phillips is actually an Eels supporter......

Latest posts