What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine Mafia Day 4

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Welcome to Wine Mafia!

James Halliday sat in his comfy chair, the crackling fire filling his otherwise silent room. The dancing flames were enchanting. The mood, how was tense.

“I know why you’re here,” James spoke, a sense of destiny mixed with dread in his voice.

The four sat opposite him, but did not respond.

“I had thought we had been through this before,” he continued. “I love and am loyal to all four of you, but I cannot deny my own country.”

The four continued to sit and stare; their steely gaze was unwavering.

“But, but… we have been through so much!” Halliday begged, now desperate. “Why won’t you just leave it be?”

There was no response.

Halliday’s face moved from desperation to anger. “Greed, you’re greedy! You’ve wanted this for all time, haven’t you! Well, you won’t get it! I’ll show you!”

He grabbed a corkscrew and with the skill of a man who has been doing it for years, popped the Côte-Rôtie Brune & Blonde de Guigal and poured it with a shaky hand into his glass.

“I’ll drink you all!” said Halliday, not knowing that he was already bested. He didn’t finish even half the glass before he slid down in his chair, death approaching.

“My… you’ve bested me… but… but you won’t… no you won’t take the rest…” were his last words before his eyes closed and death overtook him.

The Rhone had bested him and stood over his body with its luscious red colour on display for all. The others watched on; silent but approving. Their reclaiming of the wine world had begun. The old world was taking on the Australian frontier.

234278-130711-james-halliday.jpg

Drew-Sta is dead. He was James Halliday, iconic wine taster and author of The Wine Companion.

Game Rules:

1. No role-claiming. You may claim powers, but not roles.
2. No editing posts.
3. No references to ‘I appeared in last night's write up’. (Who breaks this is up to my discretion)
4. Breaking rules 1-3 will result in a mod-kill.
5. No posting after you are dead.

House Rules / Info

1. If you don't post at least once in a day phase, you will not be allowed to use your night power. Failure to post in two day phases will result in you being mod-killed. PM me if you expect to be absent for a time so I can accommodate and I will make amendments where the need arises. There will be no leeway with this rule.
2. No-lynches are not acceptable. If you no-lynch, mafia will choose the lynch target and certain other disadvantages will be put into place.
3. Timelines will be adhered to. I will give you a time for a deadline, and you will abide. Failure to do so is your fault, not mine.
4. WARNING: CLAIMING A POWER IF YOU ARE TOWN CAN BE A REALLY, REALLY STUPID IDEA. MAKE SURE THAT YOU ONLY DO IT IF YOU REALLY, REALLY BELIEVE IT WILL HELP TOWN.
5. As each person is killed, I will reveal their character and power.

Powers in the game. 10 powers are fake. You can work out which are fake.

1 'blend' option
1 shot ascetic alignment investigator
1 shot ascetic killer
1 shot character description
Banker
Bulletproof VT
Bus
Each night killer
Even night killer
False Result
Guardian
Lovers
Ninja - unable to be targetted at night
Odd night killer
Poisoner
Power investigator
Protected by others
Protector / 1 kill protection
Redirect
Redirect
Redirect
Redirect
Roleblock
Roleblock
Roleblock
Silence
Strongman
Switch
Tracker
Universal Backup
Voyeur
Watcher

Player list.

Alive (11)

1. Misanthrope
3. Scott Gourley's Lovechild
4. butchmcdick
6. Frederick
7. Shawn Hewitt
8. Ozzy
9. ParraPride
10. Dutchy
14. Hoggmaster
15. KeepingTheFaith (mod addition - he never signs up but will play if I send him a role)
19. Hoppity

Dead (8)

16. Bazzi is dead. He was Mornington Peninsula Pinot Gris, Aussie wine aligned.
2. soc123_au is dead. He was Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussie wine aligned
5. mickyj is dead. He was Frankland River Riesling, Aussie wine aligned.
12. whall15 is dead. He was Heathcote Shiraz, Aussie wine aligned.
11. Jason Maher is dead. He was Orange Sauvingnon Blanc, Aussie wine aligned.
17. SeeJay is dead. He was Tumbarumba Chardonnay, Aussie wine aligned.[/CENTER]
18. HowHigh is dead. He was Clare Valley Malbec, Aussie wine aligned.[/CENTER]
13. DB - SEA Cab Merlot, Aussie wine aligned

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Everything is out and up.

Deadline for the lynch, for Day 1, is 5pm tomorrow, the 21st of August. I will make sure phases over this weekend will be generous, as I too have a big weekend full of activities.

19 alive, 10 to lynch.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
May as well claim my one and only power since I won't be that active. I'm the Ninja, town, no active abilities. Ya'all can target me as much as yo want brah.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Vote Count

4 - Hoppity (Mis, Dutchy, mickyj, SGL)
1 - Misanthrope (Hoppity)