What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winning at Oki

Rexxy

Coach
I mean , look @ Freddie. When the finals roll around do you not think its been an advantage to train and play at Aussie Stadium? He knows every square inch of that place, how the wind will hold a ball in the air and how the wind swirls under the roller-rink roof.

I was just wondering if our losing streak at OKI is because we are training almost full time in Wollongong.

On one hand you have to be able to win anywhere, but on the other you need to understand the feel of the ground if you are to have a successful kicking game.

Could we improve our game at Oki just by scheduling more training sessions there?

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's an interesting point to raise, but I think Easts mainly train at Harold (or is it Wentworth) Park, and sometimes at E.S. Marks athletics field - correct me if I'm wrong

I think it's a toss-up between having the stability of a singular training base, and the need to have experience at the places where you play your games so you understand the nuances of the pitch, wind & other factors...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Clevo

Juniors
Most of your players live in the Illawarra (as do the fans) They should just move all games down at WIN

Southernsaint

Staff member
Clevo said:
Most of your players live in the Illawarra (as do the fans) They should just move all games down at WIN

If it wasn't for the Sydney fans, WIN Stadium figures would have to be fudged even more than they are already. Just look at the packed trains and freeway back up to the Smoke after any "home" game...

Anyway, off with you Clevo, back to that Work-For-The-Dole scheme you call The Burrow...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts