What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless TV

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I've seen these things at Dick Smith, that allow you to have for example, Foxtel in one room (box) and you can watch it in another room on a seperate TV with this wireless gadget without having to pay for a second foxtel box for each tv.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

I'd like to, put a channel on in the lounge, and just sit in my bedroom and watch it instead of crashing on the couch which is why this could be useful if it works!

Arnott

Juniors
Raiders 2005 said:
I've seen these things at Dick Smith, that allow you to have for example, Foxtel in one room (box) and you can watch it in another room on a seperate TV with this wireless gadget without having to pay for a second foxtel box for each tv.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

I'd like to, put a channel on in the lounge, and just sit in my bedroom and watch it instead of crashing on the couch which is why this could be useful if it works!

I haven't tried it myself, but one of my mates has it going at his place and it works perfectly well.

Foz

Bench
I have 3 of them to service different rooms around the house.
Unfortunately one blew up yesterday after about 14 months constant use (dont know if the heat had anything to do with it).
You can use your remote to change the channel in the other room too(other than the room your original source ie tv/dvd/fox is).Saves getting out of the chair.
The video works with it but for some reason I cant change the channel using the video remote.
Mustn't have it aligned properly.
There are a heap of them on e-bay under A/V Sender category and they are heaps cheaper than Dick Smith.
You will get interference when the microwave starts though.
My mate had one which was stuffed by the hands free phone also.
Has something to do with the 2.4ghz signal or whatever its sent by.
Doesnt effect my phone but its something to look out for.
You can even take the small tv down the garage and watch the races(or whatever on Fox).
They are supposed to work to 100m but I havent had the need to try that.
Sometimes if someone stands in a certain place the picture flickers too.(in the firing line I suppose).
Are they good?
I think they are well worth getting.

Foz

Bench
I didnt mention you need A/V inputs to service it.
Think of this if your tv only has one set of A'V points.
If you do use Av1 and AV2 one signal sometimes takes over the other.
No big deal normally but it may effect things if you have a dvd hooked up and no other av points.
You'd have a bit of connecting and disconnecting happening to use it.
No great drama but could be a small annoyance.

melon....

Coach
Works perfectly. The only restriction of course is whatever your watching on one set is also on all the other sets using Pay TV.

If Im watching NRL on Fx on one tv and you change it to the History Channel on the other, I will also see the History Channel.

Only good to watch cable through the house at any one time, unless others in another room are happy with your show or youe channel surfing antics.

By the way, dont pay anything over 70 bucks for a pair including remote control option. That is the most you should pay so shop around.