What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Witt-Witty-Witt

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You missed out on a big night last night WF

Firstly, Witt was on Vodafone One Tribe TV, did a segment going around his house. That will prob be up on the net later in the week

Then later on in the night Fien and Witt were the guests on Game of 2 Halves

wittyfan

Referee
I'm getting a DVD copied of One Tribe, but not Game of two halves!!!

Can anyone help me out? :)

ozbash

Referee
did you see the world hot dog scoffing contest on the news, nut ?

ah, the memories... :)

Rich102

Staff member
He's a knockout in this one.

michael_witt.jpg

Photo: Getty Images

Yeah. That the "If he's going to tackle me I'm getting rid of the ball" pose.

wittyfan

Referee
I still want a DVD for Game of Two Halves!

TV One said that they couldn't sell me one due to copyright restrictions. :(

LeagueNut

First Grade
Hey wittyfan - a couple of serious questions for you:

1) Have the Celtic Crusaders actually shown any official interest in Witt? (as per your banner)

2) Given that he's only played 10 games this year, does he "qualify" for a move to the ESL? (Aren't there some weird rules about this??)

Jesbass

First Grade
LN, I know I'm not the Wittless one, but the Celtic Crusaders comes from the fact that Witt's manager has been working on Plan B and has approached a number of ESL clubs, one of which is the Celtic Crusaders. No word on their level of interest yet, but the manager also believes that Witt will most likely see out his contract until the end of 2009.

wittyfan

Referee
Not sure what the attraction is for Witty to say on for 2009, given he's very likely to be playing second fiddle to a unproven rookie.

Rich102

Staff member
Better to be an unproven rookie than an old hat who can't play.

OK. But let me ask you this. Last year and earlier this year, before his injury, Witt was preferred to JRo. Plus he had the advantage he could kick.
Now, all of a sudden, he can't play and JRo is preferred on the bench - even though JRo is hopeless at No6.
Why the sudden change of heart? (Or should that be Hart?)
Something doesn't make sense.

Blake

Juniors
OK. But let me ask you this. Last year and earlier this year, before his injury, Witt was preferred to JRo. Plus he had the advantage he could kick.
Now, all of a sudden, he can't play and JRo is preferred on the bench - even though JRo is hopeless at No6.
Why the sudden change of heart? (Or should that be Hart?)
Something doesn't make sense.

Proves my point then, he literally can't play.

Maybe seeing as it's all but a done deal that he is leaving, the coaching staff surmise that his heart isn't in it so won't pick him. Ah speculation!

However, 25 is not young when you consider the likes of Falou etc coming through and they may well get younger especially if the cap isn't opened up as many mid age players will shoot off for the birger money overseas.
If he was 25 and had talent then you wouldn't call him old hat. But as we can all see Witt is clearly in desperate need of some new tricks.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm not a huge fan of Clearys selections most of the time but so far he has won a PL title with the Roosters, was assistent coach here in 05, promoted to head coach in 06 and only missed the 8 because of the 4 points we lost due to the salary cap breach and came 4th last year. Not too bad if you ask me.