What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't get better

snout

First Grade
...for 3 or 4 weeks.

Better to have a slump now than later - and make a surge towards semis.

But at the moment we have 5 guys involved in an overcooked, meaningless mid year competition in SOO.
The blues guys have ONE thing on their mind.
The decider.
And making the side after a poor showing on Wednesday.
Mentally none were here today. That's human nature. Theyre involved in 2 competitions and one has more priority at this point.

As a side we have bought into the 'we can start slow but will run them down' syndrome.
We do not turn up.
Fact.

Manly turned up looking for a game today.
in the sheds we decided we weren't going to give them one.
should've forfeited.
we basically did.

Hooker?..we are in trouble.
Braileys energy and defence cant be replaced...maybe the break will do him good - back for September.
but we need seggy now.
Lil Mort.....20 mins against the worst team in the comp - Tigs is his season highlight.
Fact.
He gets moved on every year for one reason- not NRL standard.

Holmes.
Cant fault him getting his test/SOO jumper on the wing as he carved on the wing on the back of Barba led backline.
But fullback?.....I cant think of a fullback who offers less in the comp.
maybe the guy from the knights who I don't even know the name of.
we have NOTHING from the back.
nothing.
zilch.
Nada.
Farkall.
Problem is...who do we put there?
Beale?
who's 1 in NSW cup? has to offer more than Val.
Poor bugger troubles NOONE.

get used to this for the neck month.
Until SOO is put to bed and we get seggy back - we will be up and down.
more down than up.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I expect and we need to bounce back next week, the Roosters are team we have owned recently bounce back needed.

We have lost both games after SOO, i am thinking that Bellamy has right idea rest some of those players coming back.

Maloney is in form slump, and if its to do with wanting more money well see you later, no player holds us to ransom.

Holmes has shown nothing, he lacks heart in defence espically on line defence too many times slow to get into position

shadowboxer

First Grade
Got nothing... your post says it all.
Have been more whizzed when we got out of jail on wins to tigers(twice) and Newcastle - a loss like this has been coming for a while. How to fix it - just have to suck it up.
Graham was the only SOO player who looked up for it. Post origin will be the point of context - just have to keep nagging away.
Still premier

carinashark

First Grade
Wade played great as did Lewis. So many players in SSO plus they had a bye, just a mountain too high.

Arnold

Juniors
Val doesn't speak with confidence. Plays the same.

Maloney is doing his request no good. You can play for600 next year James then thanks very much.

taipan

Referee
I thought I was watching a game of fumble ball without the 8 sticks.
The only one who can hold his head high is Lewie.Our backs had the attack of a koala on heat.Our forwards the impact of a Shetland pony.
What is it/We get a decent crowd, we blow it.The warnings were there against the Tigers.
Manly offloaded at will.
I accept getting beaten, if we have had a dig.Constant dropping the pill,is not having a dig.
I'm at a loss, our centres based on recent performances are average TBH .
Here endeth my whine.

shaggs

Coach
I left with 10 to go. Swore I'd never do it. Never even did it during the blurst of times.

That was a stinky bad attitude display.
The tactics from Shane were poor. Poor decisions for the bench. Kept attacking Matt wright in the air. Always his best thing.
Slow play the balls. Soft contact and no domination on tackles allowed manly to offload and put out non moving up defence further onto the back foot.

Once we got the ball the forwards were gassed from running backwards and then we played slowly and the backs were crowded.

The backline moves were sideways. No straight runners.

Capewell played far too few Minutes. He was a point of difference and awkward to tackle. Apart from that we didn't look like breaking the line.

All round stinky performance.

SadShark

Bench
Maloney is doing his request no good. You can play for600 next year James then thanks very much.

Geez Maloney was ordinary.

Maloney. Kaarnt's got a cactus needle fleshlight jammed on his stork about what he's "worth" and what he's getting on his current contract.

Don'ts wanna play none.

Quick Sharks, feed some more into the coin operated BBQ or else it won't work properly. Pffffffffffffffffffffttttttt.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Missed most of the game, was at Waratah watching my son's team play the Storm AKA De La, wrestling, hands all over the ball, dog shots galore. Poor ref was only 16 reffing 15A's. Still despite the loss was better than the shit the Sharks displayed.