What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods quits as CEO of the RFL

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The RLIF use to be a lot worse, when Colin Love was in power he did absolutely nothing for the game, plus the RLIF had every member who was aligned to another League organisation which was a massive conflict of interest.

I don't know what Nigel will do, time will tell I suppose, but at least it won't be like the old days where the RLIF was close to useless

My one great hope for Nigel is that his entire reputation now rests on the success for the RLIF...

Previously, his focus was on SL and RLIF was a side gig. Now his success or failure is the success or failure of the International game.

Ive seen the same with the Roos since Mal took over. Since this is his whole job, he going above and beyond to organise extra events and build the brand. (Having said that, Sheens was also a full-time Roos coach and he still managed to make them LESS relevant)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
So whose next in line for RFL job? I thought the tennis guy did an ok job when in charge.

Offer the job to Eric Perez.

Even if he is shit, it would be the most interesting tenure we could hope for...

Dave Smith,ex nrl boss, even got a cheeky shout out..

Id love to see DSmith take over, reap huge TV dollars from the US market and push SL above NRL.

The schadenfreude would be great!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
My one great hope for Nigel is that his entire reputation now rests on the success for the RLIF...

Previously, his focus was on SL and RLIF was a side gig. Now his success or failure is the success or failure of the International game.

Ive seen the same with the Roos since Mal took over. Since this is his whole job, he going above and beyond to organise extra events and build the brand. (Having said that, Sheens was also a full-time Roos coach and he still managed to make them LESS relevant)

Be fair, Sheens let NZ become No1 in the hope that it would make Australians interested in the Kangaroos!

latingringo101

Juniors

Exactly, his sole focus will be on International Football without worrying about other things.

Latest posts