What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2008 doco

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
That was bloody good to relive that 2008 world cup through the narrative of the squad.

Wayne Bennett seemed to have a stronger and more positive influence than Kearney did. Im sure Kearney played his part but the way the team spoke about Bennett was how you'd expect a Broncos fan to speak of the man.

Nathan Fien, Luke, Marshall and Hohaia was a good spine. Not the best but with a determined side, they turned things right around. Awesome insight.

TheDMC

Bench
Is that doco available online for download/viewing?

And I hope it has at least 10 replays of Slater's blow out, I could watch that all day.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was a great little doco

Clear now that the team was run by Bennett, always thought he had a big input but that is even clearer now, without him we don't win that

Forgotten how good some of those guys could be, Hohaia especially

I'm like a broken record on this, but I see the highlights of Benji and shake my head at how he has been tossed aside by the Kiwis

The world record of "y'knows" in a program was broken within 2mins and the final count will never be beaten. Cracks me up how much of a bro Eastwood is when he speaks

I had a search on the Sky Guide and found there were a couple of replays. Sat 4:30pm and I thought the other one was Sunday 3:30pm, but after looking at the guide again as I'm writing this post, it must have been today. Looking forward to it.

ozbash

Referee
It just proved what a good coach can bring out of a good team..

Haven't seen it for a while.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It just proved what a good coach can bring out of a good team..

Haven't seen it for a while.

Never summed up better than the reaction after the centenary test

We get smoked early, play well the final 60, and Cayless says that is good enough for them and they are whooping it up and laughing after the match when Wayne walks in

He tells them he is disgusted by the effort and basically if they are happy with that then he won't waste his time coaching them and all of a sudden there is a different attitude among the players

While he isn't in the same class as Bennett, Brian Smith is a good, proven tough coach who may hopefully have a similar impact this time around

Never summed up better than the reaction after the centenary test

We get smoked early, play well the final 60, and Cayless says that is good enough for them and they are whooping it up and laughing after the match when Wayne walks in

He tells them he is disgusted by the effort and basically if they are happy with that then he won't waste his time coaching them and all of a sudden there is a different attitude among the players

While he isn't in the same class as Bennett, Brian Smith is a good, proven tough coach who may hopefully have a similar impact this time around

England should do well this cup then?

TheDMC

Bench
Can't even watch the trailer just get a spinning ball of death on the sky embedded player. Maybe geo blocked as I live in Asia.

Not on youtube it seems either. Stink!

Seven should be running this and anything to promo the games, some of the great previous finals, our game against England last cup etc.
Drum up some interest and get your advertiser's their money's worth.

Scott

Bench
Interesting in the doco Wayne Bennett said he got on with and really enjoyed the company of 23 out of the 24 players. He said he was 'off' with one player. My guess wold be Inu or Matai.

Interesting in the doco Wayne Bennett said he got on with and really enjoyed the company of 23 out of the 24 players. He said he was 'off' with one player. My guess wold be Inu or Matai.

Has to be Inu lol his record with coaches in the past says it all.

Latest posts