What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup spot kicks

Nugby

Juniors
Does anyone know who'd be each country's first choice to line up for a penalty in the World Cup, especially those likely to make it past the group stage? (I want to stack my Sportal dream team with them)

Thanks.

Fin077

Juniors
I'd help you, but the pic you have there upsets me! ;-) :D ;-)

Seriously though...whats this sportal dream team thing?

Macca_

Coach
Just made a thread for the Dream Team in the World Cup forum.

As for the dot shooters... For most teams it'd be a striker. You can only pick 3strikers in the dream team though.

MONY

Juniors
its too difficult to tell cause take brazil for example.... you could have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano all taking them

Macca_

Coach
Another thing to take into account is that a lot of players don't like to take them if they are the one that was fouled or won the penalty...

And as Mony says, at this level, there is a number of guys who can step up and put one away for most countries.

MONY

Juniors
Just curious Macca, who (apart from australia) would you like to see go well in this WC... I will be hoping the Arsenal players teams go well..

Bumble

First Grade
Lampard will take them for England, Raul for Spain, Ballack for Germany...that's all I know.

Macca_

Coach
MONY said:
Just curious Macca, who (apart from australia) would you like to see go well in this WC... I will be hoping the Arsenal players teams go well..
Basically any that I have money on :lol: There's a thread about somewhere with my complex multi bet for the group stages.

But yeah, any of the Gooners at the WC I'll be hoping they do well and just as importanlty don't get injured.

I'll be watching every game if I can (taping a few etc) but will take an extra interest in -

England - Campbell, Cole and Walcott
Switzerland - Senderos and Djorou
Spain - Fabregas and Reyes
Ivory Coast - Eboue and Toure
Germany - Lehmann
Brazil - Gilberto
Sweden - Ljungberg
France - Henry
Holland - Van Persie
Czech Republic - Rosicky
Togo - Adebayor

16 in total. Equal with Chelsea for the most players at the WC. A lot of them under 25 years old too which is good for the future in our new stadium.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sorry I thought you meant who will take the first penalty in a shootout.

Totti will most likely take Italy's penalties.

Nugby

Juniors
That's alright Hybrid. I'd say you'd be right about Italy.

Obviously my thinking is that if say, a defender was first choice (lockyno1 reckons one of the South African nations that didn't qualify use their goalie!), they're worth half again what a striker would be to get a goal.

It's bloody difficult not just stacking my team with Arsenal players (or even just players in the EPL)!